Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

We already had this Q7, Q27, Q111 and Q113 discussion about going to Greens Acre's it's not need and if you want a bus to go to Greens Arce's so badly take the Q5 or Q85 with an easy transfer and there you go.

You can't transfer to the Q5 or Q85 to Green Acres from the Q111 or Q113! Q111 and Q113 riders have to get off at Brookville or Francis Lewis and walk from 147th Avenue to South Conduit Avenue because the Q85 uses Sunrise Highway to go to Green Acres. If the MTA extends Q111, then people who take the Q111 and live around 147 will have a route that takes them to Green Acres without the need to walk all the way to South Conduit to take the Q5 or Q85.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe try Jamaica for the Q5 and Q85 and yes if u take a bus then if there's a route near it u can transfer. I didn't nessecary mean that u can transfer to the Q5/85 from the Q111 and Q113 I was just taking in general cuz this topic is always brought up.

Maybe try Jamaica for the Q5 and Q85 and yes if u take a bus then if there's a route near it u can transfer. I didn't nessecary mean that u can transfer to the Q5/85 from the Q111 and Q113 I was just taking in general cuz this topic is always brought up.

More service is needed to Green Acres, period. You shouldn't have to go to Jamaica for everything! That creates unnecessary foot & vehicular traffic.

q7 to green acres would work if it goes via 147th ave then cut Q111 to kill duplication. This move would take several cars off the road however unintentionally. This allows mta to cover more areas with fewer bus lines

The Q111 is local service for the Q113. Do you know how frequent Q113 local service is? Not that much. The Q111 is necessary.

More service is needed to Green Acres, period. You shouldn't have to go to Jamaica for everything! That creates unnecessary foot & vehicular traffic.

There is also the demand and if there is any in the areas outside of Jamaica. I don't think there is any at all. As for that Q111 debacle, don't entertain that post.

q7 to green acres would work if it goes via 147th ave then cut Q111 to kill duplication. This move would take several cars off the road however unintentionally. This allows mta to cover more areas with fewer bus lines

The dollar vans will have a field day if you cut the Q111 and replace it with the Q7. People will take the dollar vans for a fast ride to Jamaica instead of a slow and packed ride on the Q113.

Edited by NY1635

dont underestimate that market look at the belt nuff said. like I said alone no but with a linden based line with transfer point at cargo area will elaborate later. Q111 doesn't have LTD service how will it possibly be fast?? Q113 does almost the same thing

1. The Q113 splits from the Q111 and Brookville Blvd and 147th Avenue when it goes to and from Far Rockaway. After that the Q111 runs along 147th Avenue until it makes a right at Franics Lewis.

2. As I said before, Dollar Vans will have a field day if you replace the Q111 with the Q7. Dollar Vans around Southeastern Queens run on the same street as the Q5, Q111, and Q113 from Jamaica to Rosedale, Far Rockaway, and Green Acres respectively. They know that people want a fast ride to Jamaica and will do anything or pay money for fast service to and from Jamaica. If you replace the Q111 with the Q7, then people will take the dollar van to Jamaica instead of wait for a packed Q113 to go there.

dont underestimate that market look at the belt nuff said. like I said alone no but with a linden based line with transfer point at cargo area will elaborate later. Q111 doesn't have LTD service how will it possibly be fast?? Q113 does almost the same thing

Incorrect, the Q111 is the local variant of the Q113 considering that the 113 has both LTDs and locals, both of which that are not that frequent. Also lets not forget that the end terminals are different and the Q111s have more short turns.

As for the Belt (Parkway), I'm not sure what you are trying to elaborate since demand for bus service around there is pretty....dead.....and I'm not too far from the Belt either...

Edited by Cait Sith

Incorrect, the Q111 is the local variant of the Q113 considering that the 113 has both LTDs and locals, both of which that are not that frequent. Also lets not forget that the end terminals are different and the Q111s have more short turns.

As for the Belt (Parkway), I'm not sure what you are trying to elaborate since demand for bus service around there is pretty....dead.....and I'm not too far from the Belt either...

I think he wants the Q7 to run on Conduit Avenue when it goes to and from Green Acres.

I think he wants the Q7 to run on Conduit Avenue when it goes to and from Green Acres.

Yeah I get that, but while that sounds good, the demand along the conduit is non-existent. A good majority of the Conduit after Rockaway is hotels.

Yeah I get that, but while that sounds good, the demand along the conduit is non-existent. A good majority of the Conduit after Rockaway is hotels.

This pretty much proves how ignorant he is. The Q111 and Q113 use Guy Brewer and 147th Avenue, and the Q85 uses the Conduits From Springfield to 243 and Francis Lewis or Green Acres.

This pretty much proves how ignorant he is. The Q111 and Q113 use Guy Brewer and 147th Avenue, and the Q85 uses the Conduits From Springfield to 243 and Francis Lewis or Green Acres.

You hit it right on the nail, my friend!

not even close I never said Q7 on rockaway shows how ignorant you are. I want Q7 on N boundary rd then to farmers blvd then 147 th street to mill rd or frances lewis to green acres. Q113 local service gets powered up so frequency gaps are made up on guy r brewer. That is my plan NOT via belt or conduit to green acres at all. Shows what happens when u jump the gun

not even close I never said Q7 on rockaway shows how ignorant you are. I want Q7 on N boundary rd then to farmers blvd then 147 th street to mill rd or frances lewis to green acres. Q113 local service gets powered up so frequency gaps are made up on guy r brewer. That is my plan NOT via belt or conduit to green acres at all. Shows what happens when u jump the gun

Again, this just proves how ignorant you are. The Q7, Q111, and Q113 were owned by different bus companies before the MTA had them.

Again, this just proves how ignorant you are. The Q7, Q111, and Q113 were owned by different bus companies before the MTA had them.

To add onto that, you can't boost Q113 service, where are they going to get the extra buses from? Hmm????

As for that idea, how exactly are you going to service the residents that need Jamaica service from Rosedale and areas that the Q111 travels where it has no connections to the Q113? If you're going to request a transfer, don't even bother because

A. The Q111 residents want a direct connection to Jamaica which they already have, and you're going to ruin it.

B. Transferring to other routes from this "Q7" would make other routes jam packed and is not worth it.

Along with the fact that you CANT boost Q113 service due to the lack of buses at Baisley Park. You are not even thinking about the amount of buses used for said lines and where they'll get it from. Extensions require more buses and I'd like for you to explain where these extra buses are going to come from, surely not from your a$$!

I swear people are simply pulling ideas out of their a$$es.

running buses on north boundary rd from 150th to get to farmers? Now just what the hell is that supposed to solve.....

there isn't JACK on that part of north boundary rd the Q3 uses to warrant running Q7's down it, to get to Farmers....

.....and to think that's supposed to be some substitute for the 111, when it's plain as day they want JAMAICA.....

smfh....

Probably, what the Q7 CAN do to get to Green Acres, is below:

Q7 Green Acres Bound

Regular Route to JFK Cargo Area, then out via 150 street, and Nassau Expressway, sharp left onto Guy R. Brewer Blvd, right on 147 Avenue, and either left on 243 street or F. L. Blvd, then Right on Merrick Road

Q7 Brooklyn Bound

Green Acres, Merrick Road, then left on either F.L BLVD or 243 street, then 147 Avenue, left on Farmers, onto the Nassau Expressway, out at North Hanger Road Exit, then on Boundary Road,( since there is no 150 street exit) onto 150 Avenue, around the Cargo Area, and Regular Route

Edited by Q23 Central Term

I swear people are simply pulling ideas out of their a$$es.

running buses on north boundary rd from 150th to get to farmers? Now just what the hell is that supposed to solve.....

there isn't JACK on that part of north boundary rd the Q3 uses to warrant running Q7's down it, to get to Farmers....

.....and to think that's supposed to be some substitute for the 111, when it's plain as day they want JAMAICA.....

smfh....

Ignorance is bliss...but in this case (or his case), ignorance = stupidity!

I'm not supporting his plan, but I don't see what being owned by different companies has to do with anything. Unless there are some internal rules against restructuring routes that originated from different companies or something.

If I remember my history correctly, technically, GBL, JB and Triboro(and i think Command) were all owned by the same company

Command was independent from those two, and so was QC. The company that owned those three companies still exists.

If I remember my history correctly, technically, GBL, JB and Triboro(and i think Command) were all owned by the same company

Command was independent from those two, and so was QC. The company that owned those three companies still exists.

Yes, I think the President of all the Companies was someone named Jerome Cooper IIRC