Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

He wants the Q43 to be LTD, while the Q1 & 36 are local. I assume the Q36 LTD would be eliminated.

But like I said, what does having all Q1s go to Braddock have to do with anything? They could still act as locals whether they go to Queens Village or Braddock. As long as they serve the stops west of Springfield Blvd.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually my Q26 extension allows the Q77 to get axed completely.

People who live in Southeast Queens want fast and direct service to the nearest transit hub, which happens to be Jamaica. If they want a bus to Flushing, then they go to Jamaica and transfer to a route that goes to Flushing.

Eliminating the Q77 and replacing it with Q26 won't work. That will cause bunching on the Q85, Q5, and probably the Q4.

I never really saw the point of having the Q1 go to QV LIRR as ppl along Hillsde could take the Q36 there and the Q36 has a LTD so it would be quicker. All Q1 trips should go along Braddock, imo....

People who live in Southeast Queens want fast and direct service to the nearest transit hub, which happens to be Jamaica. If they want a bus to Flushing, then they go to Jamaica and transfer to a route that goes to Flushing.

Eliminating the Q77 and replacing it with Q26 won't work. That will cause bunching on the Q85, Q5, and probably the Q4.

I agree. It would create a long unreliable route which is unnecessary tbh... Us folks in SE Queens have it bad enough with bus service... no need for more of it...

Edited by MTAFanBoy512

actually my Q26 extension allows the Q77 to get axed completely.

wanna give Q77 purpose right yeah good luck with that I will say it till I am blue in the face let Q26 eat Q77 via frances lewis crosstown. Q77 run it school season only at rush Q26 all other times if Q27 can do it and be very useful then guess what Q26 can do the same thing and it will actually be faster than Q27 anyway even if it eats the whole line it will still be shorter and more reliable than Q27!!

Make up your mind already.

But like I said, what does having all Q1s go to Braddock have to do with anything?

He's only bringing up the 43 because I stated that the Q1 is utilized as a secondary option to the Q43 (which is often crowded)....

In SE Queens, It will cause an unnecessary shift of riders onto all the other routes that the Q77 connects to that goes to Jamaica, before it'd even get to hillside... In other words, no one in SE Queens would ride it to hillside, for the sake of xferring to the Q1, 36, or 43 to get to the (F).... Hell, I'll even go one further & say ppl around/along F. Lewis would start walking to any of the Jamaica bound routes the current 77 connects to.....

...His idea would do just as much for SE Queens riders as the old 89 did.

Like I told MTAFanBoy512, QJT is simply looking it from endpoint-to-endpoint & trying to create a faster alternative to the Q27.... that's all his Q26 extension is.... He is NOT considering the ridership patterns of those that use the route (Q77) w/i SE Queens..... He is NOT considering the Q77 route is part of a hub....

You will get NOWHERE trying to create a grid system in SE Queens....

I say the Q26 should be eliminated and some Q27 during rush hour should go down Hollis Court Blvd being named as Q27A and then it will travel on the L.I.E until springfeild and then go the regular route. It will make sense to do this because the Q27 and Q65 are only a block or two away from the Q26 when its in Flushing.

that lie is what Q30 is for. That is exactly what I am trying to do with Q26 make jamacia folks use other routes that are more direct anyway cauae eventually Mta will use that as an excuse to kill Q77 anyway. this allows for more service on lines that need them based on new ridership habits. It can bring out more demand for Q2 or Q84 or 4 depending on the line with the greatest ridership increase.

yes trexx Q36 LTD will get axed checkmate explained it perfectly.

I say the Q26 should be eliminated and some Q27 during rush hour should go down Hollis Court Blvd being named as Q27A and then it will travel on the L.I.E until springfeild and then go the regular route. It will make sense to do this because the Q27 and Q65 are only a block or two away from the Q26 when its in Flushing.

Then why screw Q27 riders and just keep the Q26? :huh:

Well I think make every bus that goes to HHE throughout the 7 days a Q26 trip. These buses would go on Hollis Court, then up by Francis Lewist then back on the 27 routing rush hours for those trips. Now if I only had a Q27 bus timetable handy. I Bascially have every timetable if every bus in Queens

So far we have:

* sending the Q26 to QCC to help out the 27

* sending the Q26 to SE Queens to take over the Francis lewis leg of the 77

* discontinue it & turn it into a branch of the 27 that uses the HHE & hollis ct. blvd...

older ideas I remember reading, were:

- sending the 26 to LIRR QV to help out the 27

- combining it w/ the 48

- combining it w/ the 19 (before it got extended to flushing)

- rename it to the 64 & run it local along 164th to help out the 65 (before the Q65a got renamed the 64)

- extend it to green acres

- discontinue it altogether & replace it with nothing....

- discontinue it.... and have the 31 run to flushing instead of bayside

- discontinue the 34 & extend it (the 26) to help out the 25 in college pt

- cut the 44 to college pt (20th av), combine the 20a/b (14th av), and extend the 26 to Fordham

So far we have:

* discontinue it & turn it into a branch of the 27 that uses the HHE & hollis ct. blvd...

- combining it w/ the 48

- rename it to the 64 & run it local along 164th to help out the 65 (before the Q65a got renamed the 64)

- cut the 44 to college pt (20th av), combine the 20a/b (14th av), and extend the 26 to Fordham

Dont forget my idea of making it a 7 day service

I might make a timetable of how I want the service to look like

Edited by Q23 Central Term

I just got home nd I took the 77 from Jamaica because I wasn't in a rush to head home... I realized more and more why I should stick to taking the Q85... The bus was late, slow (especially along Hillside), crowded, the RTS I was on was rattling the whole way and I got a headache, it took 50 minutes to get to the last stop (takes half that time on the 85) and there was a bug crawling on this lady's pants.... Mind you, I live at the end of the route in Springfield Gardens nd got on at 165th Terminal

So far we have:

- combining it w/ the 48

These are some crazy ideas....Lmao... The only one that makes sense is the Q26 to QCC

Sorry If I sounded mean or rude, I didn't mean too...

huh? nah fam..... You have nothin to apologize for......

You said the only one of those that made sense was the Q26 to QCC..... Which came from me earlier in this thread (post 306, last quote response) & also a good while back as well....

huh? nah fam..... You have nothin to apologize for......

You said the only one of those that made sense was the Q26 to QCC..... Which came from me earlier in this thread (post 306, last quote response) & also a good while back as well....

Ohhhhh yea, sorry for the miscommunication, I was confused lol.. Happens a lot to me..

really this rush hr I saw new buses on Q77 and 1 empty one as it turned from frances lewis to hillside. THAT was why I suggested killing it for Q26 even ppl are bashing Q77 for being borderline useless strengthens my argument. If Q26 becomes 7 day service that is an improvement for former Q77 folk.Plus Q26 can return as Q27. even if Q26 eats all of Q77 to last SE stop it can be reused as Q27 and vice versa

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=5&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004c0e6e61c74d738c94

Notes

Q7 Extention

Q9 Extention

Q10 restructuring

Q12/Q48 one route

Q15A now renamed Q14

Q18 combined with Q29

Q19 no more

Q21 Extended to Spring Creek

Q23 rerouted off Woodhaven Blvd in Forst Hills and Extended to LGA

Q26 extention to H H E

Q33 extention to Maspeth via Broadway , Woodside Avenue, and current Q18

Q37 Extention to JFK via Van Wyck Expressway (Pick-Up and Drop Off at T8/T9)

Q38 split

And more.......

https://maps.google....e6e61c74d738c94

Notes

Q7 Extention

Q9 Extention

Q10 restructuring

Q12/Q48 one route

Q15A now renamed Q14

Q18 combined with Q29

Q19 no more

Q21 Extended to Spring Creek

Q23 rerouted off Woodhaven Blvd in Forst Hills and Extended to LGA

Q26 extention to H H E

Q33 extention to Maspeth via Broadway , Woodside Avenue, and current Q18

Q37 Extention to JFK via Van Wyck Expressway (Pick-Up and Drop Off at T8/T9)

Q38 split

And more.......

How in gods name are you going to cut the Q19? That line DOES carry a good amount of folks, the Q66 can't handle all of that by itself....