Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

.......Also just some thoughts how about extending the Q49 to Flushing when the Q19 does not run?

I'm certain that the Q66 runs 24/7.....

I believe the Q72, 23, and the Q49 itself have all have similar service spans (running from around 4am to 1-ish am)....

Regardless of the routes that connect to the 66 from that general pocket of Queens, running the Q49 to Flushing won't be enough; While there is a healthy riderbase b/w the 90's (streets) & Flushing, still though, most that take the Q19 out of Flushing are taking it to Steinway & points west.....

I'd just increase the span of the 19 until around 10pm.... I agree with the general premise that the Q19 ends too damn early.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw these 2 posts appear after I made my post above...

Anyway:

....The Q49 to Flushing has also been discussed BUT with the Q19 ending around 8 PM (Flushing bound) and then the Q49 ending around 2 AM (East Elmhurst bound)...why extend it for 6 hours when the Q66 is 24 hours and of course...the 7 train.

That's where I disagree (with him; iAlam).... You don't need the 66 & the 19 running to & after midnight....

The Q19 itself should have its hour extended. 8PM is way too early for a full-time urban route to end. You have all the local bus passengers along Astoria Blvd who are a long distance from the M60 stops. I'd say it should run until at least 10 or 11PM.

Although your post was made before mine & I'm now seeing it, this is the exact same point I made....

The way I saw the suggestion, I'm like hold on - it's a bit too much emphasis on the East Elmhurst riders in this specific discussion when it comes to the Q19..... Even the MTA realized the potential of the route as a whole by sending it past 102nd!

(of course, it took them even longer to extend it to the Astoria PJ's on the opposite end, but that's another topic)

Edited by B35 via Church

I agree. The Q19 should run at least an hour later. The Q49 doesn't need an extension to Flushing whether it be for 6 hours or all day. That's what the Q66 and the (7) is for. Some routes need their LTD span run an hour later or an hour earlier...

The Q19 itself should have its hour extended. 8PM is way too early for a full-time urban route to end. You have all the local bus passengers along Astoria Blvd who are a long distance from the M60 stops. I'd say it should run until at least 10 or 11PM.

East Elmhurst is very far from the 7 train, especially as you go further west. Granted, depending on where you are, you could take the 7 and then a north-south bus (e.g. Q47, Q33, etc), but that's an extra transfer and the wait times may be long.

Just double-checked the MTA wesbite. Q19 from Flushing to Astoria during the WEEKDAYS...last bus is 8:30 PM. WEEKENDS...last bus is 8:00 PM. Should have referred to the website before making the post.

After a study of Downtown Flushing, that's why they moved the Q19, Q50 and Q66 off of Main St between Roosevelt Av and 39th Av because of the buses taking up one lane of traffic, then trying to get around the buses can be difficult.

The Q58 to Main St and Roosevelt Av has been talked about for years BUT now with the new restrictions and the amount of Q58 buses (BOTH local AND limited)...yep, it's not going to happen.

The Q49 to Flushing has also been discussed BUT with the Q19 ending around 8 PM (Flushing bound) and then the Q49 ending around 2 AM (East Elmhurst bound)...why extend it for 6 hours when the Q66 is 24 hours and of course...the 7 train.

if you look closely on one of the signs at the Flushing subway station there is tape over where it would say Q58. The Q58 can be seen through the tape. Know I know why that was there.

Just double-checked the MTA wesbite. Q19 from Flushing to Astoria during the WEEKDAYS...last bus is 8:30 PM. WEEKENDS...last bus is 8:00 PM. Should have referred to the website before making the post.

You get the idea. Those buses heading out of Flushing had to have done a trip towards Flushing immediately beforehand, so for a lot of those riders, the last bus is at or before 8PM. The point is that the Q19 ends too early in general. 

After a study of Downtown Flushing, that's why they moved the Q19, Q50 and Q66 off of Main St between Roosevelt Av and 39th Av because of the buses taking up one lane of traffic, then trying to get around the buses can be difficult.

The Q58 to Main St and Roosevelt Av has been talked about for years BUT now with the new restrictions and the amount of Q58 buses (BOTH local AND limited)...yep, it's not going to happen.

The Q49 to Flushing has also been discussed BUT with the Q19 ending around 8 PM (Flushing bound) and then the Q49 ending around 2 AM (East Elmhurst bound)...why extend it for 6 hours when the Q66 is 24 hours and of course...the 7 train.

if you look closely on one of the signs at the Flushing subway station there is tape over where it would say Q58. The Q58 can be seen through the tape. Know I know why that was there.

Glad they were at least considering it. Don't know why it was ever cut so far out to begin with (of all the lines that run through the area. Irritating having to go blocks to connect with anything else, after the incredibly long winding trip from Ridgewood. Also reminds me of how the Q55 cuts back in Richmond Hill instead of continuing to Jamaica).

Once upon a time, the Q12 and Q26 did just that...like back in the 1990s. However, "Gotham Bus Co" is right, the Community Boards in Flushing have practically spoke up and there are a lot of restrictions in Downtown Flushing. Such as not allowing the Q17 and Q27 to end along 39th Av between Main St and Prince St. However, I agree that there needs to be a terminal in Flushing because the bus traffic alone has increased and will continue to increase...but that's just my two cents.

A bus terminal can either be really good or really bad. The MTA's implementation of them has tended to verge on "really bad"; while in many countries bus terminals are used to anchor things like shopping malls or office towers or residences, the ones that I have had experience with (165 St in particular) just create a giant neighborhood dead zone around them.

It also doesn't help that the street layout in Flushing is not conducive to building a bus terminal. They're considering building one west of Roosevelt Blvd, but realistically that can only take some of the bus routes (buses coming from the west, like the Q66, Q58, Q19, Q48, etc.), and in any case the terminal would be too far from the train station. Most bus traffic is coming from the south, but there's no good site for one for buses coming from the south. The Union St parking garage could've been a reasonable location, but getting to Union St from Kissena would probably create traffic headaches of its own, and with the redevelopment over there that ship sailed a while back.

Expanded hours:

Q6 LTD:

6 AM-9:30 AM (Jamaica-bound) and 3 PM-8 PM (JFK-bound). This would expand the hours of the Jamaica Station-Rockaway short turns

Q10 LTD:

Weekdays to Kew Gardens: 5:45 AM-10 PM. Weekdays to JFK: 6:05 AM-9:47 PM

Saturdays to Kew Gardens: 6:09 AM-9:54 PM Saturdays to JFK: 6:22 AM-9:52 PM

Sundays to Kew Gardens: 6:08 AM-9:53 PM Sundays to JFK: 6:30 AM-9:55 PM

Q17 LTD:

6:06 AM-9:10 AM, 3:19 PM-8:38 PM (Flushing-bound)

6:05 AM-9:20 AM, 4 PM-10 PM (Jamaica-bound)

Q19:

Weekdays to Astoria: 5:50 AM-9:30 PM. Weekdays to Flushing: 5:45 AM-8:45 PM

Saturdays to Astoria: 6:30 AM-9 PM. Saturdays to Flushing: 5:45 AM-8:15 PM

Sundays to Astoria: 8:30 AM-9 PM. Sundays to Flushing: 7:45 AM-8:15 PM

Q25 LTD:

5:59 AM-10:03 AM, 2:49-7:25 PM (Jamaica-bound)

6:24 AM-10:36 AM, 2:50-7:50 PM (College Point-bound)

Q27 LTD:

3:02-8:48 PM (Cambria Hts-bound)

Q43 LTD:
3:07 PM-8:23 PM (Floral Park-bound)

Q46 LTD:

3:24-8:51 PM (LIJ/260 St-Bound)

Q65 LTD:

6:05 AM-10:05 AM, 3 PM-6:50 PM (Jamaica-bound)

6:27 AM-10:27 AM, 3:09-7:29 PM (College Point-bound)

Q113/114 LTD:

Weekdays to Jamaica: 5:40 AM-9:30 PM. Weekdays to Far Rockaway: 5:50 AM-10:10 PM

Saturdays to Jamaica: 6:20 AM-9:20 PM. Saturdays to Far Rockaway: 7:10 AM-10:10 PM

Sundays to Jamaica: 9:20 AM-6:20 PM. Sundays to Far Rockaway: 10:30 AM-7:10 PM

These shouldn't cost too much

So basically, it looks like all of those are an expansion of limited-stop service (or in the case of the Q19's service) of one hour in either direction.

For the Q6, you can just convert some of those full runs to limited-stop runs, since the short-turn locals are already in place. (That might actually save a bit of money, since the buses would finish their runs quicker)

For the Q19, I'd say to run it a full 2 hours later (running every 30 minutes instead of every 20).

For the Q43, I've always thought that it should be limited-stop only, except during evenings and (obviously) overnights. You have the Q1 running local all the way to Springfield Blvd, the Q36 running to 212th Place, and then the Q76/77 to Francis Lewis Blvd. (I won't count the Q2/3, since those local stops are basically walking distance of 179th). That's plenty of local service.

For all the other ones, I'll agree and say that the limited-stop service should definitely start earlier than it does. Right now, the first limiteds are timed for people who leave work around 4PM or so, which is pretty late considering how busy those routes are and how bus-dependent those neighborhoods are.

I also think the Q46 LTD should have some westbound service in the PM rush. Maybe alternate buses from LIJ (as opposed to all LIJ buses like in the morning). 

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I was considering extending the hours of the Q77 but I'm kind of on the fence about it. If you're curious, I discontinued LTD on the Q36. That should make a certain member happy

Edited by Q43LTD

For the Q43, I've always thought that it should be limited-stop only, except during evenings and (obviously) overnights. You have the Q1 running local all the way to Springfield Blvd, the Q36 running to 212th Place, and then the Q76/77 to Francis Lewis Blvd. (I won't count the Q2/3, since those local stops are basically walking distance of 179th). That's plenty of local service.

For all the other ones, I'll agree and say that the limited-stop service should definitely start earlier than it does. Right now, the first limiteds are timed for people who leave work around 4PM or so, which is pretty late considering how busy those routes are and how bus-dependent those neighborhoods are.

I also think the Q46 LTD should have some westbound service in the PM rush. Maybe alternate buses from LIJ (as opposed to all LIJ buses like in the morning).

I think the Q43 should be a limited during evening hours as well. The Q1, Q36, Q76, and Q77 should be able to handle all the local service. It's also pretty frequent. If there needs to be an extra bus or two, then those can be taken off the Q43 and then used on the Q1 for local service. Service would still be pretty frequent on the Q43.

The approximate span for limited service would be as follows on Weekdays:

To Jamaica:

5:06 AM to 10:30 PM

From Jamaica:

6:37 AM to 11:12 PM.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I was considering extending the hours of the Q77 but I'm kind of on the fence about it. If you're curious, I discontinued LTD on the Q36. That should make a certain member happy

I never understood why people advocate for the elimination of the Q36 LTD. That actually costs more money since those buses take longer to reach the terminal, which limits the amount of productivity you can get out of the operators (the amount of round-trips they can make).

Basically, the question is: Are there a significant number of riders along Jamaica Avenue who are looking to get to the Hillside Avenue local stops? And are the local buses overcrowded in that area?

You'd be more familiar than me regarding those matters, but I'm willing to bet the answer is no to both of those questions. The Q1, Q76, and Q77 run every 10 minutes or less individually. If you made those Q36 LTD trips into local trips, maybe you could reduce the frequency on one of those routes, but then you'd have to make up for it by increasing the frequency of the Q43 LTD.

The Q36 has ridership levels similar to a lot of Staten Island routes with limited-stop service. Ridership may not be particularly high on the Jamaica Avenue segment, but if it's running every 7-8 minutes during rush hour, clearly it's getting a decent amount of people from that segment, enough that you'd have a lot of pissed off riders having to sit through every local stop to reach the subway. I'd rather keep it as-is, with the higher-ridership (at least in the Hillside Avenue area) Q36 & Q43 having direct limited-stop service, with the lower-ridership Q1, Q76, and Q77 taking care of the local passengers.

Heck, look at it this way: The S93 only has around 3,000 riders a day, and it's a limited-only route. You wouldn't turn it into a local rout, because it doesn't reflect the travel patterns of the people that ride it.

I think the Q43 should be a limited during evening hours as well. The Q1, Q36, Q76, and Q77 should be able to handle all the local service. It's also pretty frequent. If there needs to be an extra bus or two, then those can be taken off the Q43 and then used on the Q1 for local service. Service would still be pretty frequent on the Q43.

The Q1 & Q36 would have to be spaced appropriately, since their headway drops to 20 minutes after around 9PM. (The Q76 runs every 30 minutes, and the Q77 ends at 9:30PM, so those don't really count). 

I never understood why people advocate for the elimination of the Q36 LTD. That actually costs more money since those buses take longer to reach the terminal, which limits the amount of productivity you can get out of the operators (the amount of round-trips they can make).

Basically, the question is: Are there a significant number of riders along Jamaica Avenue who are looking to get to the Hillside Avenue local stops? And are the local buses overcrowded in that area?

You'd be more familiar than me regarding those matters, but I'm willing to bet the answer is no to both of those questions. The Q1, Q76, and Q77 run every 10 minutes or less individually. If you made those Q36 LTD trips into local trips, maybe you could reduce the frequency on one of those routes, but then you'd have to make up for it by increasing the frequency of the Q43 LTD.

The Q36 has ridership levels similar to a lot of Staten Island routes with limited-stop service. Ridership may not be particularly high on the Jamaica Avenue segment, but if it's running every 7-8 minutes during rush hour, clearly it's getting a decent amount of people from that segment, enough that you'd have a lot of pissed off riders having to sit through every local stop to reach the subway. I'd rather keep it as-is, with the higher-ridership (at least in the Hillside Avenue area) Q36 & Q43 having direct limited-stop service, with the lower-ridership Q1, Q76, and Q77 taking care of the local passengers.

Heck, look at it this way: The S93 only has around 3,000 riders a day, and it's a limited-only route. You wouldn't turn it into a local rout, because it doesn't reflect the travel patterns of the people that ride it.

The Q1 & Q36 would have to be spaced appropriately, since their headway drops to 20 minutes after around 9PM. (The Q76 runs every 30 minutes, and the Q77 ends at 9:30PM, so those don't really count).

I completely agree with not discontinuing Q36 LTD service. I would keep it as it is too.

As for the headway drops, a bus every 10 minutes is pretty good. Especially since for every 30 minutes, there'll be a Q76 or Q77 bus in order to maximize loads without increasing service on the local. The Q43 LTD would still see a slight reduction in service because it won't make as many stops.

One more thing: I would increase the limited-stop portion of the Q43 to 165 Street at all times, making one intermediate stop at 169 Street subway. It'll help save some time and give more recovery time at each terminal, and very few riders would be affected, since they have the Q1, Q2, Q3, Q36, Q76, or Q77, depending on where they're going.

I'm all for expanding Limited hours on the Q43, but my suggestion is that of the 165 routes would have be extended to Jamaica Station to compensate the loss of local service west of 169

I would only have the Q43 as a limited between 165 Street and Springfield Blvd. That would not need an extension of any route to the LIRR.

I'll bring this up as many times as I need to, whenever discussions of the Q36 & 43 arise....

I still do not like the setup of the Q1, Q36, and Q43.....

The Q1 should not exist, every Q43 should not run to Hillside/268th, the Q36 running to Little Neck should be discontinued like yesterday...

I would gladly discontinue the Q1 to bring back the Q79 & have some Q43's running via Braddock....

Q36: runs from LIRR Jamaica to either:

* LIRR Queens Village (via 212th pl/212 st)

* Jamaica av/257th st (via Springfield blvd)

Q43: runs from LIRR Jamaica to either:

* Braddock av/243rd st

* Hillside av/268th st

This would immediately take strain off the Q43, since the 36 would also take pax off its hands b/w Sutphin & Springfield.... There is simply too much gunning for the Q43 @ 179th (F), since it's the only route w/ LTD service to Hillside/Springfield... There are not THAT many pax on the Q43 east of Springfield (as if to say buses are constantly SRO or something) - Which is another reason why I'd have some Q43's run via Braddock....

As for 165th (bus terminal), bear in mind that folks are coming off the MTABus routes (Q6, Q8, Q9, etc) to xfer to the Q1 & the Q36 inside the terminal for service due east..... That wouldn't be necessary; any xferring off those routes would be done at Sutphin/Archer for either the Q36 or the Q43 due east....

As far as LTD service, that will be had on the Q36 via Springfield (running to 257th) & the Q43 running to 268th

Q43's to Braddock/243rd & Q36's to LIRR QV (which is basically a short turn) would only run local; no LTD's....

Edited by B35 via Church

One more thing: I would increase the limited-stop portion of the Q43 to 165 Street at all times, making one intermediate stop at 169 Street subway.

:blink:

There isn't a single route in the system that should have LTD service running during the wee hours of the morning....

Basically, the question is: Are there a significant number of riders along Jamaica Avenue who are looking to get to the Hillside Avenue local stops?

And are the local buses overcrowded in that area?

Question 1: Absolutely not.... As soon as buses (from the east) turn off 212th st onto Hillside, you'll see very few riders disembarking short of 179th subway... You may get some that get off at 188th for the 17, or Franny Lou for the little shopping plaza there, but those are both LTD stops.... So local stops along Hillside for Q36 riders from the east, nope.....

Question 2: Funny you ask that.... I find that since the Q36 was extended to Little Neck, your average Q36 (physical bus) now is more crowded than when all Q36's ended at 257th ..... It's to the point where more folks are taking n24's for service due west.... Which, for lack of a better term, is bullshit - this is where being frugal doesn't help..... There were FAR more riders that utilized the Q79 than this Q36 extension along LNP..... What I'm explaining is the adverse effect that that extension has had on Q36 service.... I don't ever remember so many boarding n24's along Jamaica av due west like I see now (driving along Jamaica av/Jericho Tpke going to/from work sometimes)....

:blink:

There isn't a single route in the system that should have LTD service running during the wee hours of the morning....

I meant "all times" as whenever the LTD's run. All the LTD's would make limited stops between Springfield and 165 Street. 

I'll bring this up as many times as I need to, whenever discussions of the Q36 & 43 arise....

The Q1 should not exist, every Q43 should not run to Hillside/268th, the Q36 running to Little Neck should be discontinued like yesterday...

I would gladly discontinue the Q1 to bring back the Q79 & have some Q43's running via Braddock....

* Braddock av/243rd st

* Hillside av/268th st

This would immediately take strain off the Q43, since the 36 would also take pax off its hands b/w Sutphin & Springfield.... There is simply too much gunning for the Q43 @ 179th (F), since it's the only route w/ LTD service to Hillside/Springfield... There are not THAT many pax on the Q43 east of Springfield (as if to say buses are constantly SRO or something) - Which is another reason why I'd have some Q43's run via Braddock....

As for 165th (bus terminal), bear in mind that folks are coming off the MTABus routes (Q6, Q8, Q9, etc) to xfer to the Q1 & the Q36 inside the terminal for service due east..... That wouldn't be necessary; any xferring off those routes would be done at Sutphin/Archer for either the Q36 or the Q43 due east....

As far as LTD service, that will be had on the Q36 via Springfield (running to 257th) & the Q43 running to 268th

Q43's to Braddock/243rd & Q36's to LIRR QV (which is basically a short turn) would only run local; no LTD's....

The Braddock Avenue portion of the Q43 is essentially like a Q1 extension, so I would essentially keep the Q1 notation. 

One question I have is if this would result in more Q6, Q8, Q9, and Q41's to short-turn at the LIRR Station or not? I think that it could be looked into, especially the Q6/Q9 during the rush hour, if the Hillside Avenue local is being extended there at all times. 

I don't know what the headways would be for this particular routing, but I would do it as follows (weekday sample, of course).

Q43 LTD to 268: 6 minutes rush hour peak*, 12 minutes middays, 12-15 minute middays (*reverse peak headways would be double)

Q1 Local to Braddock Avenue: 10 Minutes peak periods, 15 minutes middays, 20 minutes evenings. 

I would just outright get rid of the QV LIRR Q1, without replacement. The Braddock Avenue Q1 is within walking distance at 90 Avenue, and from 93 Avenue to Jamaica Avenue, the Q36 is within walking distance.

Also, keep note that every other peak Q43 LTD would terminate at Merrick Blvd (WB) and originate at 165 Street (EB) instead of going to/from Jamaica LIRR. 

The Q36 I would still start at 165 Street, running at the same headways as the Q1/Q43 Local. However I still think the LTD should remain. The Q76 and Q77 are both running 5-10 minute and 8 minute headways from Francis Lewis Blvd, which is most of the distance from Springfield to 179 Street already, and I don't think the Q36 should be a local, riders should be able to fit onto those buses. If buses are too crowded, the Q1/Q43 Local would also operate local. I think it's time consuming to run the service as a local, when more money is saved running them as LTD's, and it would be more efficient over making so many stops along Hillside. While it may seem as there's too much limited service, there's also a lot of local service too. You could also have the Q36 and Q43 LTD run at the same headways (7-8 minutes), which would resemble a little more than the current Q43 LTD service during the morning alone. 

As for splitting the Q36 into two routes at Floral Park, I'm 50/50 with that one 

The Braddock Avenue portion of the Q43 is essentially like a Q1 extension, so I would essentially keep the Q1 notation. 

One question I have is if this would result in more Q6, Q8, Q9, and Q41's to short-turn at the LIRR Station or not? I think that it could be looked into, especially the Q6/Q9 during the rush hour, if the Hillside Avenue local is being extended there at all times. 

I don't know what the headways would be for this particular routing, but I would do it as follows (weekday sample, of course).

Q43 LTD to 268: 6 minutes rush hour peak*, 12 minutes middays, 12-15 minute middays (*reverse peak headways would be double)

Q1 Local to Braddock Avenue: 10 Minutes peak periods, 15 minutes middays, 20 minutes evenings. 

I would just outright get rid of the QV LIRR Q1, without replacement. The Braddock Avenue Q1 is within walking distance at 90 Avenue, and from 93 Avenue to Jamaica Avenue, the Q36 is within walking distance.

Also, keep note that every other peak Q43 LTD would terminate at Merrick Blvd (WB) and originate at 165 Street (EB) instead of going to/from Jamaica LIRR. 

The Q36 I would still start at 165 Street, running at the same headways as the Q1/Q43 Local. However I still think the LTD should remain. The Q76 and Q77 are both running 5-10 minute and 8 minute headways from Francis Lewis Blvd, which is most of the distance from Springfield to 179 Street already, and I don't think the Q36 should be a local, riders should be able to fit onto those buses. If buses are too crowded, the Q1/Q43 Local would also operate local. I think it's time consuming to run the service as a local, when more money is saved running them as LTD's, and it would be more efficient over making so many stops along Hillside. While it may seem as there's too much limited service, there's also a lot of local service too. You could also have the Q36 and Q43 LTD run at the same headways (7-8 minutes), which would resemble a little more than the current Q43 LTD service during the morning alone. 

As for splitting the Q36 into two routes at Floral Park, I'm 50/50 with that one 

That's just a matter of perspective; I don't see (my plan) as a Q1 extension westward, I see serving Braddock as something a short-turned Q43 should do.....

As for your question.... No, as I would still have the MTABus buses ending at 165th, for connection to the NICE routes mainly.... You raise a point, but still, I wouldn't go too crazy with ending a bunch of routes at LIRR Jamaica (currently, I only have three - the Q30, 36, and 43)......

Haven't proposed any actual headways, but what I can tell you is that the proposed (headways of the) 36 & 43 in their totalities would be more similar (closer) than the disparity b/w the real 36 & 43 (with the [real] 43 of course having much more service)....

Personally, I think you're over-serving Braddock.... 1 or even 2 of those BPH (peak) should be distributed elsewhere; it's a reason I'm branching the Q36 on Springfield & on the 212's (street/place), over keeping the Q1..... In short, more BPH for the Q36....

Lastly, one thing I'm going to make crystal is that I'm not splitting the Q36 at Floral Park whatsoever.... I don't know if that's a poor choice of words, but that implicates (me) keeping the Q36 running to Little Neck on one spur & having the Jamaica/257th spur extended southward or eastward.... None of which I'd advocate for....

Edited by B35 via Church

That's just a matter of perspective; I don't see (my plan) as a Q1 extension westward, I see serving Braddock as something a short-turned Q43 should do.....

As for your question.... No, as I would still have the MTABus buses ending at 165th, for connection to the NICE routes mainly.... You raise a point, but still, I wouldn't go too crazy with ending a bunch of routes at LIRR Jamaica (currently, I only have three - the Q30, 36, and 43)......

Haven't proposed any actual headways, but what I can tell you is that the proposed (headways of the) 36 & 43 in their totalities would be more similar (closer) than the disparity b/w the real 36 & 43 (with the [real] 43 of course having much more service)....

Personally, I think you're over-serving Braddock.... 1 or even 2 of those BPH (peak) should be distributed elsewhere; it's a reason I'm branching the Q36 on Springfield & on the 212's (street/place), over keeping the Q1..... In short, more BPH for the Q36....

Lastly, one thing I'm going to make crystal is that I'm not splitting the Q36 at Floral Park whatsoever.... I don't know if that's a poor choice of words, but that implicates (me) keeping the Q36 running to Little Neck on one spur & having the Jamaica/257th spur extended southward or eastward.... None of which I'd advocate for....

I misread the part at the bottom; I thought you meant no LTD as no LTD at all (although it'll just be no LTD on 212). With what I mentioned of the Q36, I wanted to say that the Q36 should be a limited when it runs, it shouldn't be fully local. 

Another Question: Will the Springfield Blvd variation be rush hours only or a full time variation (in addition to the 212 service). If it is the latter, I don't know if It'll get confusing with the Q36 branches with different terminals, so I would have different notations for service. I would understand it, but to regular riders, they might be confused with the branching. Hypothetically, The Q36 can remain being fully local, from Jamaica LIRR to QV. The Jamaica to Floral Park route could be a different notation.

Q36 LCL Jamaica LIRR to QV LIRR headways

Weekdays: 12 minutes rush hours, 20 minutes middays, 20 minutes evenings

Q43 LCL Jamaica LIRR to Braddock Avenue

Weekdays: 12 minutes rush hours, 20 minutes middays, 30 evenings

Q36 LCL/LTD Jamaica LIRR to Floral Park-257St via Springfield Blvd (Blue denotes Limited service in both Directions)

Weekdays: 10 minutes rush hours, 20 minutes middays & evenings

Q43 LTD Jamaica LIRR to Floral Park- 268 St:

Weekdays: 10 minutes rush hours, 12 middays, 12-15 evenings

During the peak, there would be 26 buses departing peak terminals instead of 35 buses, but the less buses would be offset by the extension of the Q36 and combined LTD service on the Q43 and Q36 up to Springfield Blvd. The reduction in the Floral Park Q36 buses is because it is not picking up all the local riders it traditionally would, but it is being shifted to Hillside Avenue, so I think the headway would be slightly more frequent. Additionally, I think the Q36 "local" could end at 165 Street, since there's the Q43 Local (every 10 minutes) running west, in addition to the Q43 LTD, and Q36 LTD. The frequency of the three buses is approximately 3.33 minutes (similar to current levels on the Q43 LTD during the rush), compared to the 2.5 with the Q36's to QV (which is too frequent). During midday hours, the Q36 to Floral Park and the Q43 LTD would still provide service on that branch.

If it's the former, than all that above won't apply. However, since there's a mix of Local and Limited Buses past 165 Street with the Q36/Q43 with this plan of moving the LTD, I would add LTD stops even past 165 Street, stopping at the LIRR, Jamaica Avenue, Sutphin/Hillside, Parsons, 165 Street, 169 Street, 179 Street, and all other LTD stops until Springfield Blvd. Just throwing it out as a possibility.

By "split" I'm referring to having the Q36 run from Jamaica to Floral Park, and the section from Floral Park to Little Neck being the Q79. That's what I'm 50/50 on. 

* Braddock av/243rd st

* Hillside av/268th st

My original idea was to have the Q88 serve Braddock Ave and run down to the Queens Village LIRR via Jamaica Ave but that won't accomplish must since the Q88 shouldn't be running past Hillside so I left it as is.

I do like the idea of running select Q43's or even Q36's down Braddock Ave. The Q1 is redundant and should be either altered or eliminated. People tend to take whatever comes first especially those who are traveling between 165th St and 188th street. They have the Q2, Q3, Q17, Q36, Q43, and Q77/Q76 which all combined beat the Q1. Past 188th many take the Q43 because during rush hour no one wants to put up with the less frequent Q76/Q77 which serves as the only other locals besides the Q1.

I was suggesting to have the Q2, Q3, Q17, Q76 and Q77 serve less stops on Hillside but that might make them more appealing than the Q1.

The Q43 was considered for select bus at one point so I would assume it would slightly boost ridership on the Q1 but I don't really buy the whole select bus thing in the first place. Eagle team spends a few minutes checking tickets and when they are done you basically end up with a similar run time to the LTD.

I would also remove the Q36 off of Little Neck but instead of having the Q79 return I would have the select Q43's do that. The little portion between Hillside and Jamaica Ave can do without bus service. My reasoning to have select Q43's serve Little Neck is because it's more direct to Jamaica and its run more frequently so reliability would not be affected. The problem with the Q36 now is it splits its frequency in half and it messes up the frequency with having the route branch out so far from the regular route. The Q43 also branch out far but it runs more often and has the Q1.