Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

43 minutes ago, P3F said:

He's not wrong, though. If you intend for your suggestions about bus route changes to be taken seriously, you should at least do minimal research about the areas that the routes serve.

By research, does this include Riding the Bus Route from Origin to Destination? 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

I was told what Cornell Tech is a few posts back. I also just found out that it’s in Roosevelt Island. Now that I’m aware of these few facts, that contradicts your statement that I just quoted, don’t you think?

He's talking about before the fact, and quite frankly, he's right....

1 hour ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

By research, does this include Riding the Bus Route from Origin to Destination? 

That's more of an exploration.

Minimal research would have entailed looking at the very google map you drew all these ideas on.... You put in all that work to draw these routes & not realize what's around the areas you're not as familiar with?

On 1/28/2019 at 4:40 PM, Italianstallion said:

"Cornell Tech? What’s that? The only reason I have the Q104 going to Roosevelt Island in the First Place is so that it can provide a connection with the  and Roosevelt Island Tramway. Nothing else."

If you don't know what Cornell Tech is, you have no business making transit suggestions about Roosevelt Island.

Re: Cornell Tech.; I searched a little bit about Cornell Tech. (mainly the development around it). Guess I really have no business making Transit Suggestions about Roosevelt Island (yet). So until then, I reverted the Q102 to its current route in my map, but extended the Q104 to Cornell Tech as well. 

22 hours ago, IAlam said:

@LaGuardia Link N Tra I recommend creating a new direct Flushing to QCM route.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll look into that. 

Now I've gotta type everything over again... damn...

What I basically said was that last week I was checking out someone's borough redesign maps (had one for SI, Bronx, and Queens) that all looked to be unfinished.... Definitely had unique ideas to say the least & the dude definitely lurks (or is a member of?) this forum, because I've seen some ideas brought up on here in some fashion, depicted on his maps as well....

The Bronx one IMO had to be the worst... He basically "Hempstead Terminal'd" (Lol) the SHIT out of Fordham Plaza & West Farms Sq - so much so that the entire map was a clusterf***.... I didn't bother trying to decipher any individual ideas & just x'd out the goddamn tab altogether....

The SI one only had the north shore routes & a couple SBS routes

S80 was the [S74 b/w the Ferry & Narrows Rd] , the S53 to Victory, the S62 to Travis av, then the thing took Travis av to West Shore Plaza...
S82 was a route going to EWR via Victory from the Ferry....
S83 was basically the S93 south of Victory & the S53 north of Victory, except it ended at Castleton depot...
S84 was the S76 b/w the ferry & New Dorp lane, the S74 b/w New Dorp lane & ETC, and the S79 north of ETC...
S86 was the S48 that went to the Ikea in Elizabeth (instead of JG)...
S87 was a renamed S79
S88 was a route that started at McClean/Lily Pond that was the S53 to Clove rd, the S78 to Huguenot, then took Drumgoole to the War Vets pkwy. to Bricktowne...
S89 was a route that went between SIR Eltingville & JSQ via Richmond av, 440, and Sip (av).....

I'll get to the Queens ideas I remember, in another post (which is really the reason I posted this in the Queens thread....

Edited by B35 via Church
in before edit time expires....

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Q6:  This Route becomes SBS as planned. It’s overall route is unaltered. 

Q11: The Q11 will be unaltered on its Northern End. It’s main southern terminal will be Howard Beach-JFK station on the (A) line. However, buses will loop into both of its Branches to help serve Howard Beach and Hamilton Beach. Buses will serve Hamilton Beach first, then loop into Howard Beach, before terminating outside the JFK Station on the (A) line. 

Q12: Converted to SBS as planned. Northern Blvd will receive bus lanes. 

Q18: The Q18 will be slit into 2 separate services (The Q18A and the Q18B) to help gain better coverage of both 65th Place and 69th Street. The Q18A will follow the Current Q18 route, but will now only cover 65th Place until reaching the LIE, where it will connect with the Q18B, Q58, Q58 SBS, Q59 and Q67 and Terminate. The Q18B, will run the current Q18 route until 58th Street and Broadway, serving the 65th Street (M)(R) Station. Buses will continue down 69th Street and terminate near the LIE where it will connect with the Q18A, Q58, Q58 SBS, Q59, and the Q67. Then terminate. 

Q19: Service will be increased to 8-7 minute headway’s and once the Q19 reaches 108th Street, it will replace the Q48 route to Main Street and terminate. 

Q23: The Q23 remains unaltered but now shares part of its route with a new Bus Route that will serve Yellowstone Boulevard. 

QXX:  A new Bus route will now serve Yellowstone Boulevard. It will start at Union Turnpike but for this portion of the Route, it mirrors the Q23. Once the route leaves Woodhaven Blvd, it'll run on Yellowstone Boulevard before supplementing the Q23 from Austin Street to Horace Harding Parkway. Once this route reaches Horace Harding Parkway, it'll run via the Q58's current route Up until Main Street, and terminates.  

Q32: The Q32 stays Unaltered in Queens and its Midtown portion until 34th Street. Once the Q32 reaches 34th Street, it will turn and run up until 11th Avenue in order to gain better coverage of Penn Station and to Serve the Growing Hudson Yards

Q38: The Q38 will be split in half. The Q38 as we know today will continue to operate on the 63rd Drive/Penelope Avenue portion of its route, then it’ll Terminate with the Q67 at Fresh Pond Road

Q42: The Q42 will become a slightly simplified route. It’ll continue to serve the same areas, but relocated to a few different streets. Buses will also be extended from their current terminal in Jamaica Center to Marconi Park (109th Avenue) and Terminate with the Q60. 

Q43: The Q43 gets an SBS conversion and the potential for a BRT Street design should be studied on Hillside Avenue. 

Q45: The Second Half of the Q38 will be renamed into the Q45, which will take over the Eliot Avenue and Corona portion of its route. Once the Q45 reaches Fresh Pond Road, it will continue down Fresh Pond Road until it reaches Cypress Hills Road/Myrtle Avenue. From this point on, the Q45 will supplement the B13 on Crescent Street. Once the Q45 reaches Euclid Avenue Station on the (A)(C), it will terminate and loop back to Queens

Q46: The Q46 is planned for SBS conversion. Therefore it could do something similar to the B82/B82SBS since the B46 currently runs a Limited service. 

The Q48 is eliminated and replaced by the Q19 for a portion of its route.

Q52/53 SBS: remains unaltered in terms of their respective routes and share 5 minute headway’s. 

Q55: The Q55's First (s/b) and Last Stop (n/b) will be located at 117th Street and Jamaica Avenue. It's overall route will not be altered. 

Q58: The Q58 gets an SBS conversion along with a bit of a reroute. Buses will now turn on 108th Street going north and head to Roosevelt Avenue. They will run with the Q19 and both routes terminate near Main Street. 

Q60: The Q60 will run less trips to 109th Avenue. These lost trips are short turns at Sutphin Blvd. The Q60 may be altered in terms of bus stops and the Queens Blvd Median project (assuming that this is inevitable) which I have yet to get to. 

Q64: The Q64 will remain Unaltered.  get an extension via Austin Street and Yellowstone Blvd where it will meet up with the Q52/53 SBS. The Q64 will then continue under Cooper Avenue where it will terminate At the Shops at Atlas Park with the Q47. 

Q65: The Q65 is converted to SBS as planned. Bus Lanes should be added on College Point Blvd. It’s overall route remains unaltered though I’m considering the option of swapping the Q25 and Q65 terminals. 

Q66: The Q66 receives an SBS conversion and Bus Lanes are added on Northern Blvd. The Q66 will replace the Q101 on the Manhattan Bridge but instead of terminating at 2nd Avenue, all Q66 SBS buses will go to Columbus Circle as planned. 

Q67: The Q67 will be slightly altered in order to gain some more ridership. Buses will now serve Greenpoint Avenue up until 48th Street, where they'll eventually turn under 48th Avenue. Once the Q67 returns to Borden Avenue, it will not crossover to any other Street Until it reaches 69th Street. The Q67 will be extended past its Current Terminal with the Q38 to Woodhull Hospital. 

Q69: The Q69 will be extended past Queens Plaza. Southbound Buses will not only continue to serve Court Square Station on the (7)(E)(G) and (M), but will also be extended into Greenpoint via McGuiness Boulevard and Greenpoint Avenue where it will terminate with the B24. Northbound Buses will Start at Kent Street, then go via Greenpoint Avenue and McGuiness Boulevard. Once buses reach Queens, they' go via Jackson Avenue, but will veer off to 21st Street and 44th Drive in order to Serve Court Square Station. The Q69 (After serving Court Square) will Serve Queens Plaza and go back to its current route

LGALink Q70 SBS: The Q70 remains unaltered. 

Q72: The Q72 can potentially be renamed to LGA Link Q72. Its overall route is unaltered. It could potentially have some Bus stops altered but I have not gotten to that yet. 

Q100 Limited: The Q100 LTD will now serve Ditmars Blvd instead of 20th Avenue for better coverage. It will also remain to be a separate route from the Q69. 

Q101: The Q101 will be rerouted last Queens Plaza via Vernon Boulevard to LIC Ferry Terminal next to the LIRR. This would improve LIC connections and will also be a boon to Amazon HQ2. 

Q102: The Q102 will remain unaltered in terms of its route until it reaches Roosevelt Island. Once the Q102 reaches Roosevelt Island, it will continue north to the Bird S Coler Roadway and Hospital, terminate, the loop back to Astoria. The southern portion of Roosevelt Island will be additionally served the Q104 and the Roosevelt Island buses. l

Q103: The Q103 will be extended past it’s current terminal at Vernon Blvd via Borden Avenue to provide a better Connection with LIRR and Ferry at Center Blvd. As a bonus, it will also connect with the Q101 at the LIC Ferry Terminal. Better connecting the area. 

Q104: The Q104 is extended west to the Roosevelt Island. It will run on par with the Q103 until it reaches the Roosevelt Island Bridge where it will supplement the Q102 on the Southern portion of Roosevelt Island. Buses will not only provide a connection with the Tramway and the (F) line, but will also serve Cornell Tech. 

Alright, I made some more changes to my Queens Bus Redesign Map. All changes I made to my existing routes are in Red. Routes that I've added since the last time I proposed this will be in Light Blue. 

^^ Your posts read very robotically dude.... Like your overcompensating for the fact that you don't know how all these routes are currently utilized.... The tin man effect; no heart..... This is supposed to be your project (or whatever you wish to call it), but being 100 percent here, it comes across as if you simply want to collect ideas to give yourself an excuse to render something on a map.... You should really put more effort in conveying how these ideas would affect the current riders of these routes and/or how it could bring in new ones...

13 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

^^ Your posts read very robotically dude.... Like your overcompensating for the fact that you don't know how all these routes are currently utilized.... The tin man effect; no heart..... This is supposed to be your project (or whatever you wish to call it), but being 100 percent here, it comes across as if you simply want to collect ideas to give yourself an excuse to render something on a map.... You should really put more effort in conveying how these ideas would affect the current riders of these routes and/or how it could bring in new ones...

You’re right. Maybe I’m not putting enough effort into this project. I’ll restart from strach, but I’ll put some research in the areas around each route (and do a bit of exploring) this time. 

I decided to put my Queens redesign Project to rest (for now), but that aside, I thought of a new proposal that could serve as some mini relief for the (7) line in its LIC/Manhattan Portion. I call it the Q92. It will Run from Queensboro Plaza to 11th Avenue-42nd Street via the M42. 

Stops (with Subway Connections):

27th Avenue (First Stop W/B)/Queens Plaza South (Last Stop E/B) - (7)(N)(W)

43rd Avenue/23rd Street

23rd Street/Jackson Avenue - (7)(G)(E)(M) 

21st Street/Jackson Avenue - (G)

21st Street/49th Avenue - (7), LIRR

(Q92 crosses Queens Mitown Tunnel) 

38th Street (3rd Avenue W/B) (2nd Avenue E/B) 

3rd Avenue/42nd Street

Grand Central Terminal/Vanderbilt Avenue - (4)(5)(6)(7)(S) MNRR

6th Avenue/42nd Street - (B)(D)(F)(M)(7)

42nd Street/7th Avenue - (1)(2)(3)(7)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(S)

42nd Street/8th Avenue - (A)(C)(E)

42nd Street/10th Avenue

42nd Street/11th Avenue

42nd Street Pier/12th Avenue (This is where buses will loop) 

One thing that is clear is that in order for a proposal like this to work, Congestion Pricing would have to happen in addition to a bus redesign in Manhattan. The Main purpose of this route is to provide a little bit of relief for the (7) Line in its LIC/Manhattan Portion of its route. Other routes and Lines (Such as the LIRR and Q66) would provide relief to other parts of the (7) Line. If ridership warrants it, then the Q92 can be extended up 31st Avenue, taking the role that the Q102 (and (N) shuttle Buses when the Astoria Line is Shutdown) currently Serve. Any thoughts? 

Edited by LaGuardia Link N Tra

1 hour ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

I decided to put my Queens redesign Project to rest (for now), but that aside, I thought of a new proposal that could serve as some mini relief for the (7) line in its LIC/Manhattan Portion. I call it the Q92. It will Run from Queensboro Plaza to 11th Avenue-42nd Street via the M42. 

27th Avenue (First Stop W/B)/Queens Plaza South (Last Stop E/B) - (7)(N)(W)

43rd Avenue/23rd Street

23rd Street/Jackson Avenue - (7)(G)(E)(M) 

21st Street/Jackson Avenue - (G)

21st Street/49th Avenue - (7), LIRR

(Q92 crosses Queens Mitown Tunnel) 

38th Street (3rd Avenue W/B) (2nd Avenue E/B) 

3rd Avenue/42nd Street

Grand Central Terminal/Vanderbilt Avenue - (4)(5)(6)(7)(S) MNRR

6th Avenue/42nd Street - (B)(D)(F)(M)(7)

42nd Street/7th Avenue - (1)(2)(3)(7)(N)(Q)(R)(W)(S)

42nd Street/8th Avenue - (A)(C)(E)

42nd Street/10th Avenue

42nd Street/11th Avenue

42nd Street Pier/12th Avenue (This is where buses will loop) 

One thing that is clear is that in order for a proposal like this to work, Congestion Pricing would have to happen in addition to a bus redesign in Manhattan. The Main purpose of this route is to provide a little bit of relief for the (7) Line in its LIC/Manhattan Portion of its route. Other routes and Lines (Such as the LIRR and Q66) would provide relief to other parts of the (7) Line. If ridership warrants it, then the Q92 can be extended up 31st Avenue, taking the role that the Q102 (and (N) shuttle Buses when the Astoria Line is Shutdown) currently Serve. Any thoughts?

This route would be way too slow for it to even be a viable alternative to the (7) . The most I see it doing is providing additional service (besides the M42) along 42nd Street. That should be addressed by making the M42 more reliable and adding service where needed,

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

** List of Stops **

One thing that is clear is that in order for a proposal like this to work, Congestion Pricing would have to happen in addition to a bus redesign in Manhattan. The Main purpose of this route is to provide a little bit of relief for the (7) Line in its LIC/Manhattan Portion of its route. Other routes and Lines (Such as the LIRR and Q66) would provide relief to other parts of the (7) Line. If ridership warrants it, then the Q92 can be extended up 31st Avenue, taking the role that the Q102 (and (N) shuttle Buses when the Astoria Line is Shutdown) currently Serve.

Any thoughts?

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

This route would be way too slow for it to even be a viable alternative to the (7) . The most I see it doing is providing additional service (besides the M42) along 42nd Street. That should be addressed by making the M42 more reliable and adding service where needed,

The only M42 supplement I need is my two feet.

Edited by B35 via Church

I've already posted this in another thread but I think that this proposal can be related to this thread since it relates to Queens Express Buses.

I'm also working on a mock-schedule for off-peak and weekend service to the Rockaways since the (A)(S) trains are horrendous down there.

11 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

What ever happened to that Q94 and Bx50 proposal? Having a bus route from Fordham Plaza to LGA would greatly improve my commute...

Wasn't the Q94 supposed to be a "super limited" of the Q44 with a slight change in routing?

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

The Bx50 exists according to the MTA's new neighborhood maps..........

https://new.mta.info/sites/default/files/2018-04/Buhre Av (6) web.pdf

46 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Its definitely a mistake that someone didn't notice before the maps went live. That's the Q50 routing I know for sure.

Technically the Q50 is more Bronx than Queens. Maybe a prediction of a name change? 🤷🤷