Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Q43LTD

Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Just divert the Q58/LTD off Corona av. & have it run via QB & HHE to Flushing instead.... Then have the Q59 serve Corona av. in its place, end it (elsewhere) in Rego Park somewhere, and call it a day.....

But at the same time, another route doesn't need to be terminating with the Q58 in (or anywhere else in the heart of) Flushing either - especially at an every 7 min. clip all day, save for overnight hours....

While I’m inclined to agree with you on diverting the Q58 Limited off Corona Avenue, having the Q59 in its Place wouldn’t make things better for its route better at all in my opinion, considering that the Q59’s runtime (at least from my experience) is between a good 2-2 and a Half Hours from Williamsburg to Rego Park. 

However, since you and @shiznit1987 did bring up the Q59, I have a work in progress proposal for that. 

On the Southern End of the Q59, buses would be rerouted temporarily via Flushing Avenue between 54/55th Street and Metropolitan Avenue/Grand Street as the Replacement of the Grand Avenue Bridge Happens. Futher down its route, it’ll take over the Q54 alignment to Williamsburg Plaza before Terminating. On its northern end, I’d rather keep it unaltered to not increase total runtime along its route. But since you suggest running it via Corona Avenue, let’s run it down Corna > 108 > HHE and then have it terminate at its current Terminal. (I was about to suggest terminating it with the Q72 only to realize how bad of a decision that’d be. The Q58 and Q58 Limited (Which would be Select in my Proposal) would be rerouted down Eliot. 

This proposal affects the Q54 but I’m not sure how I’m going to propose any changes to the Q54 route. I did see a Q54 split proposal in @BM5 via Woodhaven‘s map but I want to come up with my own idea for that route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

While I’m inclined to agree with you on diverting the Q58 Limited off Corona Avenue, having the Q59 in its Place wouldn’t make things better for its route better at all in my opinion, considering that the Q59’s runtime (at least from my experience) is between a good 2-2 and a Half Hours from Williamsburg to Rego Park. 

However, since you and @shiznit1987 did bring up the Q59, I have a work in progress proposal for that. 

On the Southern End of the Q59, buses would be rerouted temporarily via Flushing Avenue between 54/55th Street and Metropolitan Avenue/Grand Street as the Replacement of the Grand Avenue Bridge Happens. Futher down its route, it’ll take over the Q54 alignment to Williamsburg Plaza before Terminating. On its northern end, I’d rather keep it unaltered to not increase total runtime along its route. But since you suggest running it via Corona Avenue, let’s run it down Corna > 108 > HHE and then have it terminate at its current Terminal. (I was about to suggest terminating it with the Q72 only to realize how bad of a decision that’d be. The Q58 and Q58 Limited (Which would be Select in my Proposal) would be rerouted down Eliot. 

This proposal affects the Q54 but I’m not sure how I’m going to propose any changes to the Q54 route. I did see a Q54 split proposal in @BM5 via Woodhaven‘s map but I want to come up with my own idea for that route. 

I've never taken a Q59 that took that long between terminals... That sounds like Q54 end-to-end runtimes to me.

Regardless, I actually wouldn't touch the Q58 route; I only brought up such a suggestion for the sake of being objective.....

The Q59 however, different story.... I've long held & still hold the belief that the Q58 doesn't need a supplement along Grand av, so I would completely restructure the Q59.

The Q54 the way I see it, needs to be split.... There's been a bit of an increase in the amount of Fresh Pond rd. short turns (from Jamaica-170th) anyway.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 5:39 PM, B35 via Church said:

Simply put, I don't think a new route for this specific purpose (especially the way you have it routed) is necessary...

Just divert the Q58/LTD off Corona av. & have it run via QB & HHE to Flushing instead.... Then have the Q59 serve Corona av. in its place, end it (elsewhere) in Rego Park somewhere, and call it a day.....

I'm inclined to agree....

But at the same time, another route doesn't need to be terminating with the Q58 in (or anywhere else in the heart of) Flushing either - especially at an every 7 min. clip all day, save for overnight hours....

IMO a relatively pain-free way to have this Q59 is for it to go Corona > 45th > 111th > Roosevelt, looping onto Prince and 39th (and avoiding most of the traffic congestion).

The real Q58 relief would probably be to open up stations on the PW at Broadway, Junction, and 108, but having service to new stations at city fare would require a visionary LIRR, which is about as likely as de Blasio realizing he won't be a successful presidential candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all Recent Discussion and the fact that (MTA) announced that it’ll work on a Bus Redesign for Queens. I’m going to post some a new idea that I made:

Q60 Limited: Same as the Q60, but will only stop at certain stops. The Q60 Limited will also be rerouted to Hillside Avenue as a Way to decongest Jamaica Avenue. Anyways here are the Stops: 

2nd Avenue/60th Street

Queensboro Plaza (North and South) 

33rd Street/Queens Blvd

40th Street/Queens Blvd

46th Street/Queens Blvd

58th Street/Queens Blvd

60th Street/Queens Blvd

69th Street/Queens Blvd

Queens Blvd/Ireland Street/Cornish Avenue

51st Avenue/Queens Blvd

Grand Avenue/Queens Blvd

Woohaven Blvd/Queens Blvd

63rd Drive/Queens Blvd

67th Avenue/Queens Blvd

Continental Avenue/Queens Blvd

Ascan Acenue/Queens Blvd

75th Avenue/Queens Blvd

78th Avenue/Queens Blvd

Main Street/Queens Blvd

Hillside Avenue/Sutphin Blvd

Sutphin Blvd/91st Avenue 

After Sutphin Boulevard, it will continue to Make Local Stops along the Current Q60 Route. This new Limited Service will be used as a way to reduce bunching along the Q60. It will run from 5:30 to 12:30 in both directions. It will run on 6-8 minute frequencies during Rush Hours. 

Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:15 AM, bobtehpanda said:

IMO a relatively pain-free way to have this Q59 is for it to go Corona > 45th > 111th > Roosevelt, looping onto Prince and 39th (and avoiding most of the traffic congestion).

The real Q58 relief would probably be to open up stations on the PW at Broadway, Junction, and 108, but having service to new stations at city fare would require a visionary LIRR, which is about as likely as de Blasio realizing he won't be a successful presidential candidate.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever been on a Q58 from Flushing that didn't have at least, what, around 3/4ths of the bus getting off for the subway (QB lines)...

13 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

With all Recent Discussion and the fact that (MTA) announced that it’ll work on a Bus Redesign for Queens. I’m going to post some a new idea that I made:

Q60 Limited: Same as the Q60, but will only stop at certain stops. The Q60 Limited will also be rerouted to Hillside Avenue as a Way to decongest Jamaica Avenue. Anyways here are the Stops: 

** list of stops **

After Sutphin Boulevard, it will continue to Make Local Stops along the Current Q60 Route. This new Limited Service will be used as a way to reduce bunching along the Q60. It will run from 5:30 to 12:30 in both directions. It will run on 6-8 minute frequencies during Rush Hours. 

Any thoughts?

Somebody else on here not too long ago brought up having Q60's taking Hillside to Sutphin.... I suppose that specific part of it would help the route, but overall, I still wouldn't put a LTD on the Q60..... As long as the thing runs on the service rd., it won't make too much difference.... I also wouldn't have any Q60 trips skipping stops east of Broadway <> east of Grand av if the thing's going to run to Manhattan....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever been on a Q58 from Flushing that didn't have at least, what, around 3/4ths of the bus getting off for the subway (QB lines)...

Somebody else on here not too long ago brought up having Q60's taking Hillside to Sutphin.... I suppose that specific part of it would help the route, but overall, I still wouldn't put a LTD on the Q60..... As long as the thing runs on the service rd., it won't make too much difference.... I also wouldn't have any Q60 trips skipping stops east of Broadway <> east of Grand av if the thing's going to run to Manhattan....

If there was going to be a limited bus on Queens Blvd, I would have the Q32 do it. The Q32 serves more of Manhattan than the Q60. This Q32 Limited would make local stops east of Queens Blvd/Roosevelt Ave and make limited stops east of that. The Q60 provides local service on Queens Blvd and the M1/2/3/4 buses provide local service in Manhattan. If the Q60 went to Penn State instead of the Q32, it would make more sense for the Q60 to become the Limited, but since that's not the case, the Q32 is a better candidate for a Limited service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

If there was going to be a limited bus on Queens Blvd, I would have the Q32 do it. The Q32 serves more of Manhattan than the Q60. 

 

That could change with the network redesign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

If there was going to be a limited bus on Queens Blvd, I would have the Q32 do it. The Q32 serves more of Manhattan than the Q60. This Q32 Limited would make local stops east of Queens Blvd/Roosevelt Ave and make limited stops east of that. The Q60 provides local service on Queens Blvd and the M1/2/3/4 buses provide local service in Manhattan. If the Q60 went to Penn State instead of the Q32, it would make more sense for the Q60 to become the Limited, but since that's not the case, the Q32 is a better candidate for a Limited service.

I wouldn't have neither of the 2 running LTD, to be honest....

-----------------------

Aside from that though, as far as the local routes that run over the Queensborough, I'll say this:

Q32: These days, I'm not so sure if it's even worth it to have the Q32 run all the way down to Penn anymore (let alone the Q60), or even specifically serving 5th/Madison anymore....

Q60: Should still run to Manhattan, but not every trip.... To ease bunching, there should be more trips running b/w QBP & S. Jamaica...

Q101: Should not be running to Manhattan at all... If the Q100 ceased serving Rikers, I'd run it into Manhattan instead over the Q101.

 

41 minutes ago, Fredrick Wells 3 said:

I'll say "leave the Q54 alone" as it is a network coverage route. It doesn't need to be split, no matter the (J)(Z) argument between Williamsburg and Jamaica. Maybe operate the Q54 more frequently throughout the day (every 4 minutes at Peak Hours and every 10 minutes at Off Peak Hours) since it is a MAJOR route.

It's an antiquated coverage route; Brooklynites are typically off the bus at Woodhaven (and that's being very generous) & Queens patrons tend to not ride past the (M) from the east....

The (J) & the (Z) running between Jamaica & Williamsburg is irrelevant.... No local route should be bordering on, or accumulating over 2 hours worth of runtime in this city during peak times..... It absolutely needs to be split.... Overserving the route doesn't solve that problem.....

Edited by B35 via Church
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Q32: These days, I'm not so sure if it's even worth it to have the Q32 run all the way down to Penn anymore (let alone the Q60), or even specifically serving 5th/Madison anymore....

 

The route is moderately used in manhattan. Granted it doesn't really pick up till 42 Street but it's not -useless- per se and still serves as a good alternative to the 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Q32: These days, I'm not so sure if it's even worth it to have the Q32 run all the way down to Penn anymore (let alone the Q60), or even specifically serving 5th/Madison anymore....

The Q32 is used well in Manhattan. I think the main Problem is that the 5th/Madison bus lanes aren't enforced strong enough and that 59th/60th Streets are too narrow for the Q32 and takes too long. Those bus lanes should be enforced and the Q32 should run on 57th not 59th/60th.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

 

That could change with the network redesign.

Speaking of a Network Redesign. I was able to make some extensive Progress with my Document yesterday. I still need to update my map to reflect all of the changes I’m proposing though. 

Anyways, feel free to Criticize (Link to Sources in the Document):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13bgZvRvkYdMhcMTbtcePbyqwYp9KfRrMgsB-McrdfdM

Here’s the map itself:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TFLioK_1NnV15T-J0gOIR7WFRvp2GKz3&usp=sharing

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

The route is moderately used in manhattan. Granted it doesn't really pick up till 42 Street but it's not -useless- per se and still serves as a good alternative to the 7

17 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

The Q32 is used well in Manhattan. I think the main Problem is that the 5th/Madison bus lanes aren't enforced strong enough and that 59th/60th Streets are too narrow for the Q32 and takes too long. Those bus lanes should be enforced and the Q32 should run on 57th not 59th/60th.

I'm aware of its usage, I'm concerned about its waning interborough usage over the years (especially past Lex/59th subway from Queens) & there being more of those short turns to 42nd....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

I'm aware of its usage, I'm concerned about its waning interborough usage over the years (especially past Lex/59th subway from Queens) & there being more of those short turns to 42nd....

I have noticed this too. It used to be that you could see NB buses pick-up along Madison Avenue, and be SRO by the 50s in the evening. Nowadays, most times the bus basically goes up Madison Avenue sometimes without picking up people. I would still have it go to Penn Station, since nothing from the near east side goes to Penn Station anymore. 

As far as increasing inter borough usage, I would consider shifting the NB Q32 to 6th Avenue, and ending at 34th Street, while the M4 goes back to Penn Station. I think that over time, the number of people using the route instead of the (7) along the east side has gone down, and therefore Madison Avenue is not as attractive (more of the people now living in Sunnyside just take the (7) only.  I never really saw a lot of riders on 5th Avenue (although it still carries a good number over the bridge and along 59th Street). It takes slightly longer to get to the (7) on the west side, (and it is also takes slightly longer to get to Sunnyside), so the Q32 would be a little more time competitive.

The route I would have the NB Q32 take is: from 34th Street, right on 6th Avenue, right on 57th Street, left on Madison, and follow the current route in Manhattan.

Interesting to note, I'm seeing an uptick in riders going between Manhattan and Jackson Heights, at least during later parts of the day.

 

 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I'm aware of its usage, I'm concerned about its waning interborough usage over the years (especially past Lex/59th subway from Queens) & there being more of those short turns to 42nd....

 

4 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

The Q32 is used well in Manhattan. I think the main Problem is that the 5th/Madison bus lanes aren't enforced strong enough and that 59th/60th Streets are too narrow for the Q32 and takes too long. Those bus lanes should be enforced and the Q32 should run on 57th not 59th/60th.

 

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Q32: These days, I'm not so sure if it's even worth it to have the Q32 run all the way down to Penn anymore (let alone the Q60), or even specifically serving 5th/Madison anymore....

 

4 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

The route is moderately used in manhattan. Granted it doesn't really pick up till 42 Street but it's not -useless- per se and still serves as a good alternative to the 7

 

3 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I have noticed this too. It used to be that you could see NB buses pick-up along Madison Avenue, and be SRO by the 50s in the evening. Nowadays, most times the bus basically goes up Madison Avenue sometimes without picking up people. I would still have it go to Penn Station, since nothing from the near east side goes to Penn Station anymore

As far as increasing inter borough usage, I would consider shifting the NB Q32 to 6th Avenue, and ending at 34th Street, while the M4 goes back to Penn Station. I think that over time, the number of people using the route instead of the (7) along the east side has gone down, and therefore Madison Avenue is not as attractive (more of the people now living in Sunnyside just take the (7) only.  I never really saw a lot of riders on 5th Avenue (although it still carries a good number over the bridge and along 59th Street). It takes slightly longer to get to the (7) on the west side, (and it is also takes slightly longer to get to Sunnyside), so the Q32 would be a little more time competitive.

The route I would have the NB Q32 take is: from 34th Street, right on 6th Avenue, right on 57th Street, left on Madison, and follow the current route in Manhattan.

Interesting to note, I'm seeing an uptick in riders going between Manhattan and Jackson Heights, at least during later parts of the day.

 

 

The issue plaguing the Q32 now is coming across 60th street in the mornings. Constant street closures due to cranes which forces the bus to crawl.  I have boarded them in the 50s on 5th and they are now usually empty (sadly).  Northbound they used to be a lot more crowded. Having to go across 59th at night is not helping either.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fredrick Wells 3 said:

 

I'll say "leave the Q54 alone" as it is a network coverage route. It doesn't need to be split, no matter the (J)(Z) argument between Williamsburg and Jamaica. Maybe operate the Q54 more frequently throughout the day (every 4 minutes at Peak Hours and every 10 minutes at Off Peak Hours) since it is a MAJOR route.

The Q58 is a little "iffy" but it NEEDS SBS. Maybe the Q59 could be extended in a different route - South via Queens Blvd to Forest Hills, and East replacing the Q64 to Electchester (kinda conflicts with my proposal to extend the Q64 to Oakland Gardens via 73rd Avenue though).

Can't wait for the Queens meetings though. The commute patterns must be highly addressed and potential Subway line extensions must also be mentioned in connection to Queens Bus Redesign. Southern and Eastern Queens are the main issues with Queens Transit.

Regarding Western Queens, there should be a new frequency zone in place for many routes. Since you are closer to Manhattan or the Brooklyn Border, bus routes should operate at a higher general frequency in these areas, no matter if the Subway is there, than in Eastern Queens, where you are more towards the Queens/Nassau Border. This is consistent with the need for 5 minute headways on the Q32 and Q60 during Middays and Weekends (4 minute headways during Peak Hours).

I'll say leave the Q3 alone, even though I slightly agree with the Q6 going to JFK. Just run the Q3 more frequently during Middays, Evenings and Weekends (every 12 minutes instead of every 15 to 20 minutes).

The Q64 can be as unreliable and lengthening it is not the answer. Keep it as it is and add bus lanes on parts of Jewel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I have noticed this too. It used to be that you could see NB buses pick-up along Madison Avenue, and be SRO by the 50s in the evening. Nowadays, most times the bus basically goes up Madison Avenue sometimes without picking up people. I would still have it go to Penn Station, since nothing from the near east side goes to Penn Station anymore. 

As far as increasing inter borough usage, I would consider shifting the NB Q32 to 6th Avenue, and ending at 34th Street, while the M4 goes back to Penn Station. I think that over time, the number of people using the route instead of the (7) along the east side has gone down, and therefore Madison Avenue is not as attractive (more of the people now living in Sunnyside just take the (7) only.  I never really saw a lot of riders on 5th Avenue (although it still carries a good number over the bridge and along 59th Street). It takes slightly longer to get to the (7) on the west side, (and it is also takes slightly longer to get to Sunnyside), so the Q32 would be a little more time competitive.

The route I would have the NB Q32 take is: from 34th Street, right on 6th Avenue, right on 57th Street, left on Madison, and follow the current route in Manhattan.

Interesting to note, I'm seeing an uptick in riders going between Manhattan and Jackson Heights, at least during later parts of the day.

It also used to be that more people rode the Q32 deeper into Manhattan from Queens (not necessarily to Penn, but it is inclusive)... For interborough purposes, now it's more or less used just to get to the Lex (subway lines) or to 5th (followed by whatever amt. of walking to get to wherever they're going to - including SB ALONG 5th itself :lol:)....

You wouldn't see a lot of riders along 5th (which would be intra-Manhattan usage) specifically taking the Q32 anyway, since 34th st really isn't a major destination for those waiting for buses along 5th (M1/2/3) from points north (which is why I take issue w/ how the M5 was broken up, but that's another topic).... Those folks tend to want 23rd & points south.....Nevermind the routing it now takes to even get to Penn, LMFAO..... To sum it up, the SB Q32 is an afterthought for Manhattanites.....

The NB Q32 is another story for intra-Manhattanite riders.... Not only is it not an afterthought, you have as many people that attempt to board the thing, thinking (or hoping) that it runs north of 59th.... In other words, people are far more apt to use it interchangeably with the likes of the M1/2/3/4 along Madison.... As far as interborough riders, of course they're still there, but it has dwindled over the years.... You still tend to get a nice sized chunk of people along 32nd st itself, but once it hits Madison, Queens patrons are not using the thing as much as they used to (your hypothesis as to why, sounds pretty plausible)..... It used to be utilized on Madison like how the Q32 is utilized along Roosevelt - now, like you stated, there are significant nonstop portions periods of passenger inactivity along Madison & it was exactly what I was driving at in that part of post #5710.....

It's to the point where whenever I see a crowded NB Q32 nowadays, I assume an empty one is not too far behind it, or have already leapfrogged the crowded bus before I've seen said crowded bus...

I haven't thought of any routing the Q32 can perhaps take to garner more interborough ridership, but I can agree with taking buses off Madison & putting them on 6th.... I wouldn't put anymore buses of any kind on 57th though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

The Q64 can be as unreliable and lengthening it is not the answer. Keep it as it is and add bus lanes on parts of Jewel.

I may as well say it... I'm pretty sick & tired of the thought process that leads credence to any short distanced route being useless, or not useful enough....

I mean honestly, you have one farebeating, sackriding character on here stating that the M35 is useless, and now you have this so & so intimating superimposing the Q59 over the Q64....

You can not make this stuff up.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 5:33 AM, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever been on a Q58 from Flushing that didn't have at least, what, around 3/4ths of the bus getting off for the subway (QB lines)...

Prince Street and Roosevelt is literally down the block from a subway station entrance. It's a hell of a lot closer than where the Q58 is, or where the Sanford/Kissena bus stop is. And now all the construction from the new shops on Prince St is done, and that retail corridor is way busier than I ever expected it to be.

6 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The issue plaguing the Q32 now is coming across 60th street in the mornings. Constant street closures due to cranes which forces the bus to crawl.  I have boarded them in the 50s on 5th and they are now usually empty (sadly).  Northbound they used to be a lot more crowded. Having to go across 59th at night is not helping either.

They need the bus lanes on across 59th and 60th, from Columbus Circle across the QB to Northern Blvd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The mayor really gotta do something with the influx of these f***in nutcases in this city... Shit's gotten way out of hand.

Edited by B35 via Church
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fredrick Wells 3 said:

In order to "break up longer routes" to improve reliability, there must be a usefulness in its replacement so that the general public can benefit. This means, the there would be no more than 5 long routes (one in each Borough) that would qualify to split into two. They are, along with their reasons, as follows:

1. Q65 - because it duplicates the Q20A/Q20B and Q25 as a College Point to Jamaica link. The extended Q40 can take over the Flushing to Jamaica portion while the Q65 out of College Point could be diverted to replace your Eliot Avenue Q38 idea as a new College Point to Ridgewood route (this would have the Juniper Valley Q38 extended to Bushwick).

2. B6 - the B82 LOCAL and SBS is there as the Network Coverage route as the B6 could be split into a B5/B6 combo (but only after a new route to JFK is put in place to assist the B15). The B5 would take over the Canarsie - Rockaway Parkway (L) to Bensonhurst portion of the B6, while the B6 would run between Coney Island Avenue and New Lots Avenue (3) Station (this eliminates SBS talks for the B6). Both the B5 and B6 would operate a LIMITED-STOP SERVICE throughout the day along each segment.

3. Bx8 - you have this "network coverage" route in Eastern Bronx which does not cross the Throgs Neck Bridge to enter Queens (to service Bay Terrace). It would be useful if it was split into a new Bx8/Bx48 combo. The Bx8 would begin at Locust Point (with a potential to extend to Queens terminating at Bay Terrace) as a connector route to the (6) at Buhre Avenue and continue North to Pelham Parkway via Williamsbridge Road before turning West to Fordham Plaza via the Bx12 route. The Bx48, however, would begin at Wakefield - East 241st Street (2) Station, and travel South via Baychester Avenue to East 233rd Street, turn West to Bronxwood Avenue, then via the current Bx8 routing to Westchester Square (6) Station where it (will) terminate.

4. M101 - route does not need to end in the East Village as Grand Central Terminal is an appropriate terminal. The M102 and M103 can increase service due to the shortening of the M101 and the M102 can become a true LIMITED-STOP SERVICE due to operating along the M7 route via Lenox Avenue between Lenox Terminal and West 116th Street as well as a 3rd Avenue/Lexington Avenue LIMITED. The M101 would remain as a LIMITED-STOP SERVICE along Lexington Avenue and 3rd Avenue and extend LIMITED-STOP SERVICE via Amsterdam Avenue as the M100 would become the LOCAL segment. You can pretty much say that each route would operate at a 7 minute headway throughout the day, 7 days a week along Lexington Avenue/3rd Avenue.

5. S78 - From the St. George Ferry, the S74/S84 is sufficient for service to Bricktown Mall. The S78 should be broken up into a S77/S78 combo with the S77 operating from Bricktown Mall to Bay Ridge - 86th Street (R) Station as a LOCAL variant to the S79 SBS, while the S78 could either begin at Eltingville Transit Center or in Tottenville (its old terminal) as travel its current route to the St. George Ferry.

Also, the M35 is useless for a different reason (it no longer services Astoria because the M60 SBS is there and there's no Bronx route extension to Randalls Island [suggested the Bx21 or Bx17]).

What did I just read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fredrick Wells 3 said:

1. Q65 - because it duplicates the Q20A/Q20B and Q25 as a College Point to Jamaica link. The extended Q40 can take over the Flushing to Jamaica portion while the Q65 out of College Point could be diverted to replace your Eliot Avenue Q38 idea as a new College Point to Ridgewood route (this would have the Juniper Valley Q38 extended to Bushwick).

In a way, it kinda Duplicates the Jamaica-Flushing connection, but Unlike the Q20A/B, the Q65 serves a different Market entirely between Jamaica and Flushing. Also, the Q38 has no business going to College Point. Just Split it into 2 routes (Rego Park-WoodHull or WillyB and Flushing-RidgeWood via Eliot) and call it a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lex said:

What did I just read?

I'm talking about the underestimation of shorter routes & I come upon a subsequent post talking about breaking up longer routes.... Incredible.

The scary part is that this dude actually attends these MTA hearings & pollutes the minds of anyone within an earshot of him with his nonsensical babble he happens to call ideas, too.....

 

1 hour ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

In a way, it kinda Duplicates the Jamaica-Flushing connection, but Unlike the Q20A/B, the Q65 serves a different Market entirely between Jamaica and Flushing. Also, the Q38 has no business going to College Point. Just Split it into 2 routes (Rego Park-WoodHull or WillyB and Flushing-RidgeWood via Eliot) and call it a day. 

Bud', you're young & you have room to grow mentally & lots of time to do it in.... You seem inquisitive, which is good....

Don't let this kook rob you of your sanity.... Maybe my previous reply will make more sense to you now.

Edited by B35 via Church
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ummm..... that's my document that I'm working on, thank you very much.

Other than that, the only thing that I can agree with you there is that the currently proposed AirTrain is a boondoggle. I did have a similar idea to you about having buses run down to Mets-Willets Point (Under a New Inter-modal Transit Hub), but this will create extra, unnecessary run times  for these buses so I wouldn't suggest it. IF your goal is to Decongest Flushing then I'd suggest other ideas as opposed to this one.

Edited by LaGuardia Link N Tra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Citi Field is in the middle of nowhere. Extending a bunch of buses to the middle of nowhere is not going to make it somewhere. 

You can drive from Flushing to LGA in less than five minutes even with traffic. Why the hell would anyone take the bus to the AirTrain for that trip?

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.