Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

34 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

If the lack of a connection to the (B)(Q) is such a problem, then just send the Q35 to Newkirk Plaza via Flatbush and Foster and call it a day...

That’s would just straight up duplicating the existing transit services in Brooklyn. If any route were to go to the Brighton Line, it would have to take either Knapp Street or, with a permit, the Belt Pkwy, though Knapp would be more desirable since no permit is needed. There is no bus service there and it would be desirable to have a bus route there to reduce walking distances to the Brighton Line. Plus at Sheepshead, one can get a seat on the train in the morning, and it would be much faster to go through Knapp or the Belt Pkwy to Sheepshead Bay (B)(Q) than dealing with traffic along Avenue U in Brooklyn Chinatown towards Avenue U (Q) or Flatbush Avenue in Flatbush towards Newkirk Plaza (B)(Q).

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, engineerboy6561 said:

Honestly, I really don't think it works that way; for the most part people want reliable buses with nice things. There's an appreciable difference between a bus with announcements, USB ports, and WiFi and a bus without these things; however, the dividing line between those things isn't really between NGs and OGs, but rather between the 2017 and 2018 buses. Also, if the route is poor-performing and unreliable you could probably put a golden chariot on it and people would still take them if they showed up but for the most part will still refuse to plan their commutes around something that doesn't show up.

Also, in general, what's the consensus on bus service in the Rockaways? Are the buses out there actually running with a low enough frequency and reliability that the network out there needs an overhaul?

The OG hybrids are theoretically not meant for high speed Queens routes since the technology the buses have are meant for stop-and-go situations, such as in Manhattan and Brooklyn. It is of note that some NGs from the Bronx are now Brooklyn-bound, and the Staten Island hybrids are to follow. However, the NGs are going strong in Queens, and are not showing signs of slowing down. By displacing the OGs with NGs, reliability of both models would improve.

Also, the problems with bus service go back to 2004, when the Q11, Q21, Q22 and Q35 were privately operated. At that time, a study of buses was done by Urbitran Associates to see how the routes are doing and see if there are any changes needed to the routes. When they studied the Q22 and Q35, here is what they suggested:

• Q22: Service extended from Beach 169th Street to Flatbush Avenue (2)(5) station via Q35 routing. Short tripper service would operate between Far Rockaway and Beach 169th Street to maintain service in the Rockaways.
  • Q35: Service is eliminated because the Q22 would provide service in Brooklyn. Service would not be provided on Newport Avenue. Instead, all service is on Rockaway Beach Blvd.

And this is the same study that bought us several changes that were implemented years after the routes were taken over, such as combining the Q45 and Q47 into a single Q47 route in 2011, and changes to the Q113 in 2007, 2011, and 2014. Sadly, the proposals never made it to light (aside from the ones the (MTA)  implemented post-takeover), but they were all very viable.

However, while I do like the proposals from 2004, I feel that some of them may not be suitable in 2019, especially with the Rockaways, especially since NYC has changed in the past 15 years. My proposals completely revamp some of them.

Also, Another Queens proposal would be to have some of the MTA-Bus routes stop service the Hillside Avenue (F) subway lines, more specifically, the Q40, Q110, Q111, Q112, Q113, and Q114. Since the Archer Lines opened, it is no longer necessary to provide service to Hillside Avenue as the Archer Avenue subway lines has bough Queens Blvd Express (E) train service into the heart of Jamaica (Archer and Jamaica Avenues). Instead, these routes would be rerouted as follows:

• Q40: Route follows routing of all other former Green bus lines in the area (I.e, service terminates at 165th Street Terminal)
  • Q110: Rerouted to terminate at the Parsons-Archer (E)(J)(Z). Q110 service to 179th Street is unaffected.
  • Q111, Q112, Q113, and Q114: All buses rerouted to terminate at Parsons-Archer (E)(J)(Z).

This move, which are all like what the Urbitran Study recommenced, would allow riders to continue to access an express train but without the needless redundancy of running buses to Hillside Avenue. 

1 hour ago, engineerboy6561 said:

Also, in general, what's the consensus on bus service in the Rockaways? Are the buses out there actually running with a low enough frequency and reliability that the network out there needs an overhaul?

Despite the hoopla with the Rockaways in these idea threads in the past week or two, there is absolutely no need for an overhaul.

2 hours ago, engineerboy6561 said:

I'm also not really sure it makes sense to connect Sheepshead Bay to the Rockaways specifically because I'm not sure how many people would really be willing to take the (B)(Q) over the (2)(5); Sheepshead Bay to Canal St is 38-40 minutes on the (Q) while Flatbush to Chambers is 30 minutes even. Also, the additional runtime from Sheepshead Bay to Kings Plaza looks to be schedule to be about 18-20 minutes, while the Q35 run from Kings Plaza to Nostrand Av is scheduled at 14 minutes. Add in the transfer option at Atlantic-Pacific, and it looks like the only reason to try to route Rockaway passengers to Sheepshead Bay would be as a relief valve if the Flatbush/Nostrand/Eastern Parkway corridor were running at or over capacity (and/or travel time and OTP on that corridor were degrading to the point that Brighton offered a clear advantage over Nostrand/Eastern); I'm not really convinced that either of these is the case at the moment.

The (2) from Flatbush to Chambers is listed as taking 38 minutes, not 30. I'm also not sure why you only considered the (Q) and omitted the (B) (which is 5-6 minutes faster to the shared track segment).

I also don't believe Sheepshead Bay via Kings Plaza would be the fastest route. Westbound the bus could use the Belt Parkway from Flatbush Avenue straight to Exit 8, and terminate a few feet away at the entrance to the subway (probably behind the B4/B49 stop). Going in the other direction would be a bit more complicated, but is still doable.

1 hour ago, R68OnBroadway said:

If the lack of a connection to the (B)(Q) is such a problem, then just send the Q35 to Newkirk Plaza via Flatbush and Foster and call it a day...

Don’t even think about it. First off there’s no room to stand on Foster Avenue and second there’s no market for this. Leave as is on the Junction as others indicated. 

Just now, P3F said:

The (2) from Flatbush to Chambers is listed as taking 38 minutes, not 30.

That's about 33-38 minutes, depending on traffic (and assuming there are no significant delays). That said, the (5) is a thing.

6 minutes ago, P3F said:

I'm also not sure why you only considered the (Q) and omitted the (B) (which is 5-6 minutes faster to the shared track segment).

For one, the majority of Brighton riders prefer Broadway and actually get the service.

12 minutes ago, P3F said:

I also don't believe Sheepshead Bay via Kings Plaza would be the fastest route. Westbound the bus could use the Belt Parkway from Flatbush Avenue straight to Exit 8, and terminate a few feet away at the entrance to the subway (probably behind the B4/B49 stop). Going in the other direction would be a bit more complicated, but is still doable.

No one's saying that it is. What it come down to is whether or not the route is useful, and hitting up Kings Plaza while running between the two points allows any theoretical route to be slightly more useful than a direct one, not that it makes up for the fundamental flaws.

34 minutes ago, P3F said:

The (2) from Flatbush to Chambers is listed as taking 38 minutes, not 30. I'm also not sure why you only considered the (Q) and omitted the (B) (which is 5-6 minutes faster to the shared track segment).

Except using morning rush timetables Flatbush to Chambers St is a pretty consistent 30-31 minutes:

WZttXq4.png

That is fair, but the (B) isn't meaningfully faster; it's scheduled for 35-36 minutes from Brighton to Grand St, so maybe 34.5-35 from Sheepshead Bay. The Belt Parkway is an option from Flatbush, but to make that work would then mean basically making the bus a subway shuttle only and would mean that anyone who uses the Q35 to connect with the B2, B3, B41, B46, and B47 wouldn't be able to make those connections and so you'd wind up restricting the clientele for the route to exclude people who need to get to places like the hospitals near Downstate Medical Center.

Then there's the question of how frequent you want it to be; does a subway shuttle straight to Brighton carry much of anything outside rush hours, and then does it make sense to add an additional 3-6bph to Rockaway Beach Blvd or Newport Av? You'd need 4bph minimal for this to be viable because if people have the choice between the (2) to the Q35 (which comes every 10 during rush) and a bus that comes every 20-25 minutes they'll likely default to the Q35 to avoid being the poor bastard waiting 25 minutes for the bus because of delays at DeKalb. That means you'd need 7-9 buses to operate this new route (35 minutes end to end each way, plus ten minutes swing at each end makes this a 90-minute round trip, which mandates six buses, if you want to try to match the Q35 at 6bph you'd need 9) ; are there better places for those buses to be sent? I personally think so.

Alternately you could split the Q35 between Sheepshead Bay and Flatbush, but now you've dropped to 2.5-3bph on each Brooklyn branch and you've just screwed everyone. You could also extend the Q22 to Sheepshead Bay to do this, but now the reasonably reliable intra-peninsula shuttle is dealing with Brooklyn traffic and you've just shot its reliability.

Edited by engineerboy6561

1 hour ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Newkirk Plaza? Ouch....

I mean, while increasing the footprint of the Q35 in Queens is moot, increasing the footprint of the Q35 in Brooklyn is redundant.

The main reason Rockaways commuters even embark on the Q35, is due to the lack of direct (A) service at Rockaway Park...
(and even if it existed, its indirect course to Downtown Brooklyn & up to Manhattan is too much of a deterrent for too many commuters)

On 5/6/2019 at 5:33 PM, DetSMART45 said:

With the MTA's LIRR overtime troubles of late, any whiff that contracts could be changed will send your labor into a tizzy. (You can bet that NYCT and MTAB will face some kind of sniffing around on their overtime as a result of LIRR getting an anal exam.)

it's ALREADY happening. cleaners/maintainers at several yards (KB, 100 Street to name a few) are seeing significant drops in O.T., not just due to the LIRR crap. it has to do with all the snow overtime that turned into wasted man hours when no snow appeared. 

15 minutes ago, Lex said:

For one, the majority of Brighton riders prefer Broadway and actually get the service.

That's not an excuse to completely ignore the line when considering connections to stations it serves.

No one's saying that it is. What it come down to is whether or not the route is useful, and hitting up Kings Plaza while running between the two points allows any theoretical route to be slightly more useful than a direct one, not that it makes up for the fundamental flaws.

Is there demand for higher frequency to the connections at Kings Plaza? If there isn't, then individuals can simply take the Q35.

It's not like Sheepshead Bay is a transit desert, either. You have the B4, B36, and B49 right at the station, and the B68 a few blocks away.

5 minutes ago, engineerboy6561 said:

Except using morning rush timetables Flatbush to Chambers St is a pretty consistent 30-31 minutes:

I was checking TripPlanner, which (supposedly) is based on the schedules anyway. 

The Belt Parkway is an option from Flatbush, but to make that work would then mean basically making the bus a subway shuttle only and would mean that anyone who uses the Q35 to connect with the B2, B3, B41, B46, and B47 wouldn't be able to make those connections and so you'd wind up restricting the clientele for the route to exclude people who need to get to places like the hospitals near Downstate Medical Center.

Have you actually looked at the bus map before saying this? To repeat what I said earlier, you have the B4, B36, and B49 right at the station, and the B68 a few blocks away. If a "subway shuttle" inadvertently connects to all those, then maybe it isn't really a subway shuttle?

Then there's the question of how frequent you want it to be; does a subway shuttle straight to Brighton carry much of anything outside rush hours, and then does it make sense to add an additional 3-4bph to Rockaway Beach Blvd or Newport Av? You'd need 4bph minimal for this to be viable because if people have the choice between the (2) to the Q35 (which comes every 10 during rush) and a bus that comes every 20-25 minutes they'll likely default to the Q35 to avoid being the poor bastard waiting 25 minutes for the bus because of delays at DeKalb. That means you'd need 4-6 buses to operate this new route; are there better places for those buses to be sent? I personally think so.

I never said that I believe this new bus route is actually a good idea. I don't think the demand exists for an entire route to be created; the best solution (in my opinion) is to improve B2 service, and make the Q35 (northbound) stop inside the Kings Plaza terminal lanes so that connections are easier.

16 minutes ago, P3F said:

That's not an excuse to completely ignore the line when considering connections to stations it serves.

Is there demand for higher frequency to the connections at Kings Plaza? If there isn't, then individuals can simply take the Q35.

It's not like Sheepshead Bay is a transit desert, either. You have the B4, B36, and B49 right at the station, and the B68 a few blocks away.

Sheepshead Bay isn't a transit desert, but the B49 moves at the speed of molasses and I suspect that the market for Far Rock to the B68 would be much less than for Far Rock to the B46/B47 currently is. There may be more value from the B4 connection because I think the new bus to the B4 might serve a different market from the Q35 to the B3/B9 or offer a time savings. I'm somewhat skeptical of the size of that market though, because the vast majority of the B4's route is zoned for R4 or R5 and there's not much of a commercial corridor there other than a few doctor's offices and the like.

I was checking TripPlanner, which (supposedly) is based on the schedules anyway. 

Have you actually looked at the bus map before saying this? To repeat what I said earlier, you have the B4, B36, and B49 right at the station, and the B68 a few blocks away. If a "subway shuttle" inadvertently connects to all those, then maybe it isn't really a subway shuttle?

I never said that I believe this new bus route is actually a good idea. I don't think the demand exists for an entire route to be created; the best solution (in my opinion) is to improve B2 service, and make the Q35 (northbound) stop inside the Kings Plaza terminal lanes so that connections are easier.

I agree with you about the B2 and the stop moving though.

Edited by engineerboy6561

41 minutes ago, P3F said:

The irony...

41 minutes ago, P3F said:

Too narrow...

42 minutes ago, P3F said:

Irrelevant...

9 hours ago, P3F said:

I also don't believe Sheepshead Bay via Kings Plaza would be the fastest route. Westbound the bus could use the Belt Parkway from Flatbush Avenue straight to Exit 8, and terminate a few feet away at the entrance to the subway (probably behind the B4/B49 stop). Going in the other direction would be a bit more complicated, but is still doable

Sheepshead Bay vía King’s Plaza (The Knapp Street corridor) is the fastest route for the bus to take that DOESN’T require a permit to operate on, as commercial vehicles are banned from the Belt Pkwy. Yes one can be granted, but it would take a while. However, if one is granted, then the Rockaways-Brooklyn route could use the Belt, with another route on Knapp Street.

5 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Sheepshead Bay vía King’s Plaza (The Knapp Street corridor) is the fastest route for the bus to take that DOESN’T require a permit to operate on, as commercial vehicles are banned from the Belt Pkwy. Yes one can be granted, but it would take a while. However, if one is granted, then the Rockaways-Brooklyn route could use the Belt, with another route on Knapp Street.

Even so, the Belt is often times a parking lot anyway, so it really wouldn't be worth it.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

This following proposal are updated from last year

Q1: Braddock Ave branch only. Discontinue Springfield Blvd branch

Q2: no opinion

Q3: no opinion

Q4: No LTD Service, local service for the new Q90SBS on linden blvd

Q5: LTD service becomes SBS, Local service remains the same, SBS to Green Acres all day, SBS to Rosedale LIRR station overnight.

Q6:  new Q82SBS service replaces Q6LTD (via Sutphin blvd/150 St) , local service remains the same.

Q7:  No Euclid ave service. Q7 replaces the Q21 from Cross Bay Bl and Sutter ave to Howard Beach 164 Ave (via Lindenwood) map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.665191,-73.8363137,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1YPfCGf19qx4ZqSAW5FKCgMDLxnqoV_nm

Q8: no opinion

Q9: extended to JFk Airport via 130 st, parallel with the Q10 local. map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.67647,-73.8261383,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1tcgX_49YwH-puNUNp2n4EEFkBGIPMVMu

Q10: LTD service becomes sbs

Q11: Last stop is Howard Beach- JFK Airport (A) station. no Hamilton Beach or Old Howard Beach service, Increase service map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6972942,-73.8884317,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1322PQCOza-9fpbr9og95EDiwD3LJYKdl

Q12: Local to the new Q93SBS, no changes

Q13: Parallel to the new Q80 on bell blvd

Q15/15A: no changes

Q16: only Francis Lewis service only, Utopia Pkwy service is replaced for the new Q91 service

Q17: no changes

Q18: Middle Village (M) station to Astoria- 27 Av/2 St via 69 st, woodside ave, 30 ave map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7438605,-73.9412472,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s18bq9Fbqt5MmUfF9VGeHIBVOLB6KL9t8C

Q19: via roosevelt av/108 st instead of northern blvd map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7631329,-73.9118812,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s13uA2b6_gh3wdGUR4cNCvAmiEXYY6FwE5

Q20A/B: remains the same

Q21: Discontinued

Q22: no opinion

Q23: 108 street thru route from Ditmars Blvd to Queens Blvd,, (forest hills- union tpk to ditmars bl or laguardia airport central term) map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7400614,-73.8932307,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1G-YBr0P63yMIugNx2xMBtdteTeY6glRj

Q24: no opinion

Q25: LTD Service becomes SBS

Q26: discontinued

Q27: 48 ave then springfield blvd instead of Luke place/216 St, service remains unchanged

Q28: no opinion

Q29: no opinion

Q30: remains unchanged 

Q31: remains unchanged

Q32: no opinion

Q33: no opinion

Q34: Discontinue or extend to fort totten via willets pt bl?

Q35: no opinion

Q36: little neck service only

Q37: no aquaduct

Q38: no opinion

Q39: no opinion

Q40: (to 135 ave) remains the same, (to hillside ave) via 142 pl, 119 rd, 143 street map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.686606,-73.8216697,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1__Iazdt4ajlqU7yQOJuqfplD-Pei47I3

Q41: remains unchanged

Q42: no opinion

Q43: LTD becomes sbs

Q44: no change

Q46: SBS to Lake Success only, local to Glen Oaks only

Q47: extend to Myrtle Av/80 st via Atlas pk

Q48: no change

Q49: reroute via 34 ave instead of 35 ave  map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7541181,-73.8866639,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1H8D-711LQf0e1YyaZhpwBdMHmulRIXqo

Q50: remains unchanged

Q52/53: remains the same

Q54: metropolitan ave thru route during rush hours.

Q55: Local to the new Q92 SBS.

Q56: increase service in lieu of  (J) shuttle from 121 st to bway Jct.

Q58: no opinion

Q59: no opinion

Q60: this is very controversial topic because some wants an LTD/SBS on this line. others want it to stop at queensboro plz. (no opinion)

Q61: SBS service to broadway jct to floral park/ 257 st via Jamaica ave. map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7030271,-73.8601421,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s10zIEJfs6ZFqdUXClhsAVrMmM5l0

Q62: SBS to east ny pitkin ave (local to bway jct/ vn sndrn av) via liberty ave map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6879676,-73.8750666,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1ewM2T1Hl_-dKoZeK3c2yExnuc_c

Q64: extend to queensboro community college via jewel ave/73 ave map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7377734,-73.8261553,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1kPKimR-5CCOQo--3W7CSmyOBjZMOAtYd

Q65: only reroute is sanford av then parsons blvd then 46 ave then pidgeon meadow road then regular route map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7422301,-73.8702868,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1DokWFuie5aNBG5SxgwZS1IJ8KzwrccP-

Q66: no opinion

Q67: no opinion

Q68: local to S. jamaica 133 ave  map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.691509,-73.8371142,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1G7dErf0M3KhPYAhY-MFCAKxPn4g, SBS to JFK airport  map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6790918,-73.8379809,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1uLjE6T8FQBJ_fyueoYS8gK6v18g

Q69: no opinion

Q70: no change

Q71: jamaica 165 st term to jfk airport n.boundary road via 157 st/ long st map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6794155,-73.810367,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1WJbY1JBuye6H33pzNKVgDfqlwVI

Q72: no opinion

Q73: SBS from Queens center mall to Little Neck L. NECK PKY via H. Harding map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7495665,-73.8373152,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1WVg3xzseCL3KAOMwUrgKcoqy344

Q76: local to the new Q78 LTD from college pt to hillside ave

Q77: local to the new Q78 LTD from hillside ave to Springfield blvd then parallel to the new Q80 to 145 rd

Q78: LTD only service from parsons Blvd-14 ave to 148 avenue hook creek blvd via f. Lewis blvd (Q78A/B college pt-132 St to 148 ave/hook creek blvd , A:via 14 av then 20th av, B: via 20 av then 14 av)  map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7830936,-73.8333252,16z/data=!4m2!6m1!1s1z2v2tj8r9jg0R2-hv4McEJoag4g

Q80: springfield blvd thru route from 147 av/222 st to bay terrace-23 av via bell bl map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7207761,-73.8189454,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1WL2oR_G_f2qyA4H8oUKJWhs-CIs

Q81: rockaway blvd thru SBS  from 75 st- Elderts LN (J) station to Far rockaway- seagirt blvd map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6432361,-73.8459737,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1CvgCqHeILyuMrel_8bcQ8bO7ODQ

Q82SBS: sutphin blvd/ 150 st thru route from Jamaica 165 st term to jfk airport map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6762355,-73.8244474,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1XbEp-dYD4MY4t_KFGq26HXtxCOM

Q83: local for the new Q62 sbs

Q84: no opinion 

Q85: Reroute to farmers blvd then conduit ave map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6811423,-73.7840277,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1Y-FmROehDOPpmREbZ7VU53bRVAu6CrL6

Q87: weekday only service JFk airport to St. Albans farmers bl- and linden bl via Baisley blvd map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6679198,-73.8005466,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1GehNMkuKSratWaGgRMsi3w2W3Tc

Q88: no change

Q89:  local Rockaway blvd (A) station to Jamaica 165 st term via rockaway bl, linden bl and merrick bl map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6924601,-73.828856,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1ep4xbdM2lu5o9ywsmkiWRKnSz_0

Q90: linden blvd SBS thru route from Rockaway blvd (A) station to Cambria heights-235 st (no aquaduct service) map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6868841,-73.817381,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1kDDlnbKpgJFRBLWy4lLPaz6_GoM

Q91: Utopia pkwy local thru route from jamaica 165 st term to fort totten map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7486375,-73.8295883,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1tW-2kP9_cO8u51-ACoj4vSbrqlQ

Q92: myrtle avenue SBS thru route from downtown brooklyn to jamaica LIRR station. map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6982919,-73.947376,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1D6C3CgMgdjyVnmeIjkDV4ecRvpw

Q93: northern blvd SBS thru route from queensboro plz to little neck glenwood street map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7600041,-73.8973814,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1n3skql5XGSRNXVfrE9nhcAPLs14

Q94: atlantic ave SBS thru route from jamaica LIRR sta- airtrain to cobble hill map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6882012,-73.9574694,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1iRZbUw6B1mmIBOCwAbeJf6CRPXo

Q95: SBS only service from greenpoint-west st to flushing main st sta via greenpoint and roosevelt ave (A/B to citi field game days only) , increase service in lieu of the (7)<7>shuttle map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7450303,-73.9306671,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1NSYZWRe703-g3zFnbKlEs5PNumM

Q100: no opinion

Q101: no opinion

Q102: no opinion

Q103: no opinion

Q104: no opinion

Q107:  JFK airport- lefferts blvd Airtrain sta to Jamaica hillside-153 via Lefferts blvd, 109 Ave, via T. Airmen Way (South Road) map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6844036,-73.8316703,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1LiXkftIrX-2sGdpRToHG52Zmdkk

Q108:  JFK airport to jamaica hillside-153 via 154/155 sts, via 125 ave map:https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6757447,-73.8199135,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s1k1eKk0QO3S67ANS_P-45OdpBGao

Q109: Hammels- Beach 94th Street to jamaica hillside-153, via 109 Ave/Cross Bay blvd, (via lindenwood late nights) map: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6457587,-73.881658,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1s14bw-F_SAaXO_dvHLUJui7FLbwCw

Q110: no opinion 

Q111: no opinion

Q112: discontinue service in place of the new Q62 bus

Q113LTD: new SBS service

Q114LTD: new SBS service

The reason some of the current bus route has a "no opinion" is because i haven't ride them as frequently as much compare of the other bus routes that i have rode in the past 20 years. if you have any opinions about the map designated for each route. As well as the one that has no opinion, I need to know so i can learn from each and everyone. what proposal make sense as well as one that is unnecessary.

13 hours ago, rick1032 said:

This following proposal are updated from last year

** list of ideas **

The reason some of the current bus route has a "no opinion" is because i haven't ride them as frequently as much compare of the other bus routes that i have rode in the past 20 years. if you have any opinions about the map designated for each route. As well as the one that has no opinion, I need to know so i can learn from each and everyone. what proposal make sense as well as one that is unnecessary.

You know it's bad when google thinks your ideas suck - To the point they put these shitz on straight lockdown :lol:......

...nah, but seriously though, you gotta change the permissions on your maps so that anyone with the link can view them.

Edited by B35 via Church

I would take a loss on this one (because i was unaware it has a lock on it). But i have fixed the maps that has a lock on it. Now everyone can see all of the proposals that i had made.The reason why I make most of the bus routes parallel to each other for two reasons, one for FASTTRACK (trying to reduce shuttle bus usage). Two, the complaint of the MTA boards talking about workers abusing overtime (which is a full of crock); that's why the union president was putting them in their place. Also, by saying they dont have any money thus raising fares and crap. My proposal was a better update than I did last year because I have to go on different bus routes to see which area needs bus service and which don't need any. Also, i hate buses that bunches either because if the drivers are being lazy or some of the streets are too narrow to pass due to double parking and other factors. The buses I have no opinion on, I need help about it because with the whole queens bus redesign is that going to benefit us or screw us like what they did with the SIM project.

As time goes by, my proposals may shrink due to every day bus observation as well as better ideas (which I hope its better than mine) as well as the MTA's propaganda.

20 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

You know it's bad when google thinks your ideas suck - To the point they put these shitz on straight lockdown :lol:......

...nah, but seriously though, you gotta change the permissions on your maps so that anyone with the link can view them.

i fixed it and welcome to the USO penitentiary