Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

I have a couple of ideas:

Q3: Limited Stop Service from JFK to 165 Street Terminal.

As a couple of others said a Q3 LTD isn't nessceary as proposed this too. Besides the frequency not being there also there's the on & off crowds via the amount there is ready for when each bus comes. This is one of the reasons this route bunches the way it does.

Q111: Trips to Cedarhurst Eliminated, Trips to LIRR Rosedale via Francis Lewis Blvd.

Not all LIRR Rosedale trips are needed. Most yes, but all no. Ridership isn't that heavy to warrant all Rosedale bound trips only.

Q114: Jamaica LIRR to Far Rockaway Mott Avenue Station via Rockaway Blvd and Sutphin Blvd.

Nah, no comment here.

Replies in bold.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be renamed the Let's Ruin the Bus System in Queens thread. When I look at Queens I see routes that aren't horribly unreliable and for the most part get good usage. That is not to say it is perfect but there is honestly no need for most of the stuff being presented here.

This should be renamed the Let's Ruin the Bus System in Queens thread. When I look at Queens I see routes that aren't horribly unreliable and for the most part get good usage. That is not to say it is perfect but there is honestly no need for most of the stuff being presented here.

The current Queens system is better than Brooklyn's, for sure...

I agree, some queens routes could use a bit more service and there is bunching on a few lines too (Q85!!), but Queens is well off when it comes to bus service compared to Brooklyn and Staten Island, imo.

Blame Merrick Blvd & Farmers Blvd for the bunching. That line doesn't need that much more service.

Q25 and Q34 is the worst for bunching sometime 3 or 4 run together. But like I said before the Q25 can really use Saturday LTD service because again the bus was packed around 2:00 2:30 when I got on it. Is there any CP driver that can agree.

Maybe when CP gets it other C40's maybe the headways and service will be better.

Here's a simple idea:

Extend the Q55 to Jamaica, via the Q56.

Where in Jamaica with the 55 terminate? The LIRR station, Parsons-Archer, Parsons-Hillside, the 165th Street Terminal, Merrick Blvd, 170th Street? Furthermore, is there a need for the 55 to go to Jamaica?

Where in Jamaica with the 55 terminate? The LIRR station, Parsons-Archer, Parsons-Hillside, the 165th Street Terminal, Merrick Blvd, 170th Street? Furthermore, is there a need for the 55 to go to Jamaica?

I said it will go via the Q56, where do you think it will terminate? <_<

Anyway, it gives Ridgewood riders direct access to Jamaica.

I had suggested Van Wyck, if nothing else:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34293-queens-bus-proposalsideas-thread-2012/page__st__140?do=findComment&comment=531097

It's ridiculous that from Ridgewood, you have to transfer to something else, and the Q54 they made even slower by rerouting it to the mall.

If they had been smart, when suggesting eliminating the Q56 a year or two ago, they would have proposed extending the Q55 then, so that some people losing the 56 would have still had something (it seemed to be mostly the people in Richmond Hill anyway, as most of the rest of the line is covered by the (J)).

What you guys think about Q53 becoming SBS?

Not necessary. The buses are already crowded when they hit Woodhaven & Hoffman, and Broadway is too small for a bus lane. The first thing I'd do is get artics on the Woodhaven LTD's. (The future Q52 & the Q53.)

Now SBS can't work everywhere. The LTD is doing good all there needs to be done is to add more service if crowding is such a big problem. First everyone wants LTD to be on all these ok service routes and then SBS. I bet none of y'all even live in the borough or even take those routes so stop changing something u don't know about and learn more. Streets and traffic play a role in determining if the routes can get those services and the amount of buses available in order to handle the routes.

Edited by College Pt Man

Not necessary. The buses are already crowded when they hit Woodhaven & Hoffman, and Broadway is too small for a bus lane. The first thing I'd do is get artics on the Woodhaven LTD's. (The future Q52 & the Q53.)

That Q53 SERIOUSLY needs artics. Too bad BP and JFK are slated to get them first.

The Q7 to Green Acres might be kind of a crazy idea but I do think there should be some route from the West to Southeast Queens, along Rockaway Blvd or something. I mean, right now you can't really get to the Southeast without going through Jamaica. I don't really see why that has to be the case.

The Q7 to Green Acres might be kind of a crazy idea but I do think there should be some route from the West to Southeast Queens, along Rockaway Blvd or something. I mean, right now you can't really get to the Southeast without going through Jamaica. I don't really see why that has to be the case.

It doesn't have to go to Green Acres. It can go to Rosedale LIRR first, and if there is demand, than they can send it to Green Acres

It doesn't have to go to Green Acres. It can go to Rosedale LIRR first, and if there is demand, than they can send it to Green Acres

Rosedale just seems like it'd be random destination for someone coming all the way from the other side of Queens, especially when Green Acres is literally right down the road.

We already had this Q7, Q27, Q111 and Q113 discussion about going to Greens Acre's it's not need and if you want a bus to go to Greens Arce's so badly take the Q5 or Q85 with an easy transfer and there you go.

Just don't pay with a single ride. You won't get a transfer. Not bad for an extra quarter huh?