Replace The N45?

VWM

Isn't the n6 the longest route already?

N6 covering the n51 would be too long...

Split it in the middle...

The only justification I could see for a n51A is to have it follow it's normal and do, maybe half the n6, and have a meeting point where people who wanted to take the n6 further could get a free transfer (if they already paid for a n51a transfer) and not have that transfer count as one of their transfers.

I've only taken the n6 like twice, so I'll ask, is there a point heading towards Jamaica that is a popular destination that you could justify ending the n51A at? This would give people an incentive to ride n51A and reduce crowding on the n6.

Actually the longest routes are N20 Hicksville and N24 after the extension. N6 is basically as fast as hempstead LIRR to jamacia so its 45 mins at the most. It appears long due to crowding But you raise an interesting point. However I never suggested merging N6 with N51 so I don't know where that came from

Cancelled out BY N6X which is EXPRESS reducing potential delays. for rush hr. N45 is probably only needed at rush anyway

Except that the N6X has quick turn around times so they can squeeze in as many trips as possible per bus. Drop off at 179th, then immediate turn around back to Hempstead essentially.

Ohh FYI N6 bellmore not all go back as N6 some can interline with N4 or other freeport routes

Interlining the N6 and the N4, now I've heard it all. :lol: That would lead to bunching of like 12 buses in a row with buses being 2 hours late, LOL

...and an n6/n4 would be a super newbie run as no one else would touch it and it would go to those on the bottom of the totem pole. Being a newbie assignment would only add to the chaos. I talked with someone in operations a while ago and he described the n4 and n6 as a "hard" route and it takes the new drivers a while to build their skills and confidence to be able to run with the operators who've been doing it for a while and not get left behind.

...and an n6/n4 would be a super newbie run as no one else would touch it and it would go to those on the bottom of the totem pole. Being a newbie assignment would only add to the chaos. I talked with someone in operations a while ago and he described the n4 and n6 as a "hard" route and it takes the new drivers a while to build their skills and confidence to be able to run with the operators who've been doing it for a while and not get left behind.

Hmm, that explains the bunching.

My Opinion :

N45 riders just use the N43 instead along Uniondale

For Camp Avenue: If the people can walk from Uniondale or Merrick Avenue, as well from Bellmore Avenue, then they can walk, those that can use Merrick Avenue or n46 for service if they can't walk by using n51/n46 from Hempstead/RF Area

Archived