Shot these today, these were the ten I liked out of the set. Got lucky with a couple of them.

DSC_0049-1.jpg

Oddly still without a front ad, but for the better:

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0155-1.jpg

Compare:

DSC_0073-1.jpg

DSC_0104-1.jpg

DSC_0036-1.jpg

East New York's latest addition:

DSC_0057.jpg

A rarity these days:

DSC_0172-1.jpg

And finally, one the oldest buses left in the fleet:

DSC_0208.jpg

Had a couple more, but might as well keep it in one post. Have a good one fellas!

What's with the repaint of 6798 and other buses that received similar treatment? It kind of looks like they might be phasing out the blue stripe that's iconic of the RTO fleet. If the MTA keeps making portions of the bus white without the blue stripe, they might as well eliminate it completely and make the entire bus white with the blue letters and the blue MTA logo. But, putting its looks aside, that's a great shot of the O7.

I can't see the bus number, but I love the third shot. Nice perspective there, and great view of the RTS and the scenery around it.

9079 - mix of the old (top half is back) and the new (bottom half is white). While I do miss the blue stripe on the back, the back of that RTS does looks pretty good without the stripe.

Hmm, I don't think the O5s are that rare. Or maybe it's because I'm just lucky to catch one or even a few of them together.

Excellent shots overall. smile.png

What's with the repaint of 6798 and other buses that received similar treatment? It kind of looks like they might be phasing out the blue stripe that's iconic of the RTO fleet. If the MTA keeps making portions of the bus white without the blue stripe, they might as well eliminate it completely and make the entire bus white with the blue letters and the blue MTA logo. But, putting its looks aside, that's a great shot of the O7.

I can't see the bus number, but I love the third shot. Nice perspective there, and great view of the RTS and the scenery around it.

What i heard is that the reason they are like that is because the depot may have been short of buses and needed it back before they completed the overhaul or repaint or what ever. and for the number that only depends on the persons working on the bus thats not the standard. the standard is basically the original front. blue stripe white number and logo . their allegedly gonna complete all of them into the proper thing

also , i personally like the decal with the mta logo in the black scheme. most of spring creek 07s got them . kinda looks like the NGs

Nice shots.

Great Photos! I hate the second photo of the Orion VII OG with that paint scheme...thats the worst way they painted it...looks horrible...oohh and i like the photo shot! just not that specific paint type lol

I like the photos here, but that scheme on that Orion 7 is terrible! :(

Awesome comparison of the B67s C40LFs!

Great Shots :)

Thanks fellas! Agree, 6798 does not look today, just looks unfinished.

What i heard is that the reason they are like that is because the depot may have been short of buses and needed it back before they completed the overhaul or repaint or what ever. and for the number that only depends on the persons working on the bus thats not the standard. the standard is basically the original front. blue stripe white number and logo . their allegedly gonna complete all of them into the proper thing

also , i personally like the decal with the mta logo in the black scheme. most of spring creek 07s got them . kinda looks like the NGs

Hard for me to believe it's just out being short on buses -- if that were the case, MHV's buses wouldn't be coming back with black decals on them, but they are, and RTS loaners are being taken out. Agree about the MTA logo though, looks oddly crowded when they put it on the stripe.

9079 - mix of the old (top half is back) and the new (bottom half is white). While I do miss the blue stripe on the back, the back of that RTS does looks pretty good without the stripe.

Hmm, I don't think the O5s are that rare. Or maybe it's because I'm just lucky to catch one or even a few of them together.

Excellent shots overall. smile.png

Thanks! 6798 was done quite a while ago actually, I think the MTA is mostly beyond that scheme -- at the least, all buses seem to be arriving with front stripes now, even if there's no black decal on the side. That third shot is 8873 (genius at CMF put the 8s upside down on the numbers, which is impressive, but glad you like it. And those O5 CNGs on the B103 are very rare these days, that was the first I'd seen in weeks. SC's fleet is now almost entirely C40LFs and hybrids, with only a handful of O5s left, so snap them while you can! Thanks again though.

Archived