Ulmer Park Closing?

Micstromme

The thing that I find interesting is that most of the Ulmer Park local routes are going to other depots. On Subchat there is rumor that the B3 is moving to Flaybush and that either or both the B1 and B64 will be joining the B4 and B8 at Jackie Gleason Depot.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=105219] Possible_Brooklyn_routes_swap_this_Fall

I heard a while ago that UP was closing for rehabilitation for a while, but now I would like to know if this is true and is the Ulmer Park giving away all of its casualty?

If it is then I will be extremely happy about it.

Please comment.

Thank you for riding with MTA NYC Transit.

Why would Ulmer Park be closing in the first place?

impossible other places can not handle the B6 limited. ulmer park is one of the cheapest depots to run. and next where are you gonna store the MCIs? where are you gonna store the RTS. one thing

SUBCHATS POSTERS ARE LIARS

impossible other places can not handle the B6 limited. ulmer park is one of the cheapest depots to run. and next where are you gonna store the MCIs? where are you gonna store the RTS. one thing

SC Could hold the MCI and the B6 would most like be split Between ENY & FLA if UP was to close, the B1 & B64 go to JG B3 to FLA and the B74 will stay @ UP.B)

SC Could hold the MCI and the B6 would most like be split Between ENY & FLA if UP was to close, the B1 & B64 go to JG B3 to FLA and the B74 will stay @ UP.B)

mo then you gotta extend the depots like jackie gleason and ENY. trust me it's not gonna happen.

It would make sense to send the MCI's to gleason because of the close proximity to Bay Ridge and I guess you can send some to Flatbush as well along with personnel from Ulmer Park send the B6 to Spring Creek with Ulmer Park Personnel Since It's Pretty close to New Lots and have Flatbush or Jackie Gleason pick up the slack on the other end of the line

I was going to agree with you on the MCI's to Spring Creek but the traveling time

Not all. There are quite a few members that like to post their dreams and just to put up BS. Alot of information that come out of Subchat tends to be the real thing other times. I would know, I've been around on Subchat for more than 2 years now.

If getting either or both the B1 and/or B64 at JG means that there could be a possible return of the RTS' to the depot. As for if Ulmer Park is closing, I'm sure that it is not closing as it houses some of the more prominent bus routes in South Brooklyn's division.

Take into consideration what has happened to the B4 bus. I understand that the B4 once operated out of Ulmer Park and is now running with the horses at Jackie Gleason Depot. Trust me when I say that if either of these buses or both of them come on over, it will be sucessful. The same thing for when the B8 was switched from ENY to JG.

BTW, why was the B8 switched from ENY to JG and not ENY to UP? Ulmer Park seems some closer to Bay Ridge than does Jackie Gleason in Sunset Park.

Not all. There are quite a few members that like to post their dreams and just to put up BS. Alot of information that come out of Subchat tends to be the real thing other times. I would know, I've been around on Subchat for more than 2 years now.

no i mean subchatters lie about things that can't happen in reality and just say someone told me this. thing like this right here. ulmer park. closed. i don't think so.

Yes i agree some of them are. Like for example when the VII NG 3800 bus was in town. Somebody said that they saw 3800,3805 and serval other VII NG buses sitting in CAS storage lot. So i go to SI hoping to get pics of the NG buses. when i got off the S46 bus walk over to CAS storage lot. And guess what? Not one VII NG bus was there!!!! The SC poster out right lied. I was pissed however i didn't leave empty handed as i got pics of the provst demo bus.

Yes i agree some of them are. Like for example when the VII NG 3800 bus was in town. Somebody said that they saw 3800,3805 and serval other VII NG buses sitting in CAS storage lot. So i go to SI hoping to get pics of the NG buses. when i got off the S46 bus walk over to CAS storage lot. And guess what? Not one VII NG bus was there!!!! The SC poster out right lied. I was pissed however i didn't leave empty handed as i got pics of the provst demo bus.

exactly only 3800 was delievered.

something else they're saying now is that they are gonna take the R160A from the (L) and (M) and put them on the (J)

exactly only 3800 was delievered.

something else they're saying now is that they are gonna take the R160A from the (L) and (M) and put them on the (J)

Acutlly that info about the 160'As from the (M) going to the (J) might be true. They did the same thing with the (Z) lost its 160's to the (M). But there not going to take 160'As from the (L). Due to the shortage of 143's with varius problems such as CBTC, Redsued populsion readings, etc...

no i mean subchatters lie about things that can't happen in reality and just say someone told me this. thing like this right here. ulmer park. closed. i don't think so.

I think this may hold a little truth. September though???? I don't even think so. I was told some time ago that UPK would close for rehab, but most likely would not happen untill the Charleston Depot opens. Thats more than a year away. So unless something changed, thats a lie.

Right. My guy at Orion said 3800 was delivered, then the next day someone on subchat said the others were there. So I get a phone call telling me that I'm slipping because I should have known the other NG's were here. My responce was "I was told about 3800 from my guy at Orion, so I don't know why he would not have told me about the others." So yeah, whoever said that blatantly lied! I'm calling him tomorrow for a progress update. The funny thing is, he told me the bulk of the buses would not be here untill December. A CAS B/O was also told the same thing, then someone else was told something different by an Orion employee. At this time I am inclined to believe my guy only, because he has been accurate throughout the last few months.

An SI driver that posts on a board holds alot of responsibility for all that too.

Hell, that was just a mess everywhere. Rumors and things were around everywhere started everywhere. I was talking to a friend of mine when all that was coming out and knew something fishy was up because it was all too strange. Soon enough when the roadeo came around, everything was cleared up.

first I'm hearing on RD that 126th st depot will close:

http://www.straphangers.org/diaries/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/427413#Post427413

...and now Ulmer Park..

incredible....

126 St is a little different because it will be torn down and rebuilt.

An SI driver that posts on a board holds alot of responsibility for all that too.

Hell, that was just a mess everywhere. Rumors and things were around everywhere started everywhere. I was talking to a friend of mine when all that was coming out and knew something fishy was up because it was all too strange. Soon enough when the roadeo came around, everything was cleared up.

Exactly!

It would make sense to send the MCI's to gleason because of the close proximity to Bay Ridge and I guess you can send some to Flatbush as well along with personnel from Ulmer Park send the B6 to Spring Creek with Ulmer Park Personnel Since It's Pretty close to New Lots and have Flatbush or Jackie Gleason pick up the slack on the other end of the line

I was going to agree with you on the MCI's to Spring Creek but the traveling time

The BM3, BM4 are both close to UP but Come out of SC so the Dead Heading is not the problem really. B6 will mostly go to ENY interline with the B15 @ New Lots & B82 @ Rockaway PKWY it a lot easier for ENY then SC.

Archived