Question about Mother Clara Hale Depot

NovaLFSSeeker

From what I can piece together from various sources, we at 126th are probably gonna be split between MCH and Amsterdam.

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know the MTA was gonna use Amsterdam as a depot again -- though the 2010 closing was the end.

MCH is gonna be interesting when it happens, and hopefully it's able to help out the Hale house like it used to.

From what I can piece together from various sources, we at 126th are probably gonna be split between MCH and Amsterdam.

That's what I heard from a couple of "higher ups" as well. AMS is likely to be reactivated once again on a temp. basis. As the only TA depot in Manhattan, this is sure to be interesting.

Preliminary details also throw Tuskegee Depot into the mix as possibly taking on some M15 runs.

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know the MTA was gonna use Amsterdam as a depot again -- though the 2010 closing was the end.

MCH is gonna be interesting when it happens, and hopefully it's able to help out the Hale house like it used to.

It has been talked about, but IIRC, all the 126th St. buses should be able to be housed at the new Hale Depot.

What's with all the moving and "temporary" depots, like YOnkers? Isn't it expensive to keep moving around- there must be tons of equipment that needs to moved each time?

It's not really that expensive, and it's needed. Yonkers is a different story as it was a PBL depot absorbed by the MTA. The only thing they really have to ship back to a closed down depot is some maintenance equipment and parts. But when one depot closes down, you have to ship the equipment somewhere.

I would have thought that MCH was gonna either run the M15 completely or split it with Quill if anyone. I thought of Tuskegee to be packed right now while Quill seems to have some room for a couple extra buses...

Damn, 126th is closing too? Sad to see it go. But nevertheless, isn't Amsterdam a Bronx Division depot, while 126th is a Manhattan? Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Amsterdam opened up again, because i'm sure the MTA would shut it down, and sell it and just move the museum buses, if it was planned to be closed permanantly. BEcause it can't be cheap mantaning and hiring gaurds for that place.

The depot is going to be completely rebuilt. Now it being rebuilt in the same spot or across the street is still a choice that hasn't been made. And from what i hear, the depot is actually only on top the bottom corner of the supposed graveyard. The bulk of the graveyard is actually under part of the FDR off ramp/Harlem river drive on ramp. The MTA is just an easier target than the Department of Transportation...

I've heard that once OS shuts down for renovations, that the following depots will be effected: AM, MQ, OF, MV, and TG.

M60 to OF (Due to the use of Artics, it will not go to AM)

M15/SBS 15 to TG

M102 possibly to OF to make room for M15

M116 to TG

Don't know what will be the fate of the M35 will be, but I heard a rumor of it being OF.

I've heard that once OS shuts down for renovations, that the following depots will be effected: AM, MQ, OF, MV, and TG.

M60 to OF (Due to the use of Artics, it will not go to AM)

M15/SBS 15 to TG

M102 possibly to OF to make room for M15

M116 to TG

Don't know what will be the fate of the M35 will be, but I heard a rumor of it being OF.

Woah woah woah, how long has the M60 used artics?

What? Hell no. We had O7's and RTS's not artics.

Apparently you're out the loop...

NYCB_Nova_1288.jpg

OF?? You lost me on that one. I'm gonna assume that it means MCH because the moves you listed make sense that way.

Yes "OF" is the official abbreviation used by the TA for Mother Clara Hale ("O"ne-hundred "F"ourty-Sixth Street Depot).

@ Vintage Soul, I figured as much right after I posted the question. But the M15 to TG? They are gonna have to drop alot more than the M102 to squeeze that route in. Theres about 65 buses on that line.

Apparently you're out the loop...

NYCB_Nova_1288.jpg

Yes "OF" is the official abbreviation used by the TA for Mother Clara Hale ("O"ne-hundred "F"ourty-Sixth Street Depot).

Bout damn time. THat bus was always crowded as hell, and I knew 126th used artics, so it really pissed me off.

• 1 month later...

What does OF stand for.

Has there been any plans to transfer the M102 to MCH Depot since the route ends and start there and will MCH receive lifts for articulated buses?

OF stands for (O)ne (F)orty six street depot. It's what MCH use to be called before they renamed the depot. And I don't know if there are any official plans to move the M102 back to MCH once It's finished, but i assume that they will just take on 126th's routes since It's suppose to close once MCH is up and running. And from what i understand and have seen, the depots that have been as of late are built with enough space to service/repair any kind of bus in the MTA's possesion with the exception of CNG buses.

Archived