Favorite URL links

+Young+

Question

My apologies, however I am going to try to describe this as best as I can:

On the old 'forums', there were several pages I liked, which contained photos of things you would not see everyday (like photos of the last 'V' train move from Jamaica to 207 Street, several pictures of the Holiday Nostalgia Train, etc.). As a result of this, I created a word file which contains all of these links, which look something similar to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15457, http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15300, etc. (Just to let you know this word file is over 10 pages long, with a good portion of the links coming from NYC Transit Forums, as you can see above).

Now, when I copy and paste these links into my Internet Browser, I get an error message, which is understandable, based on what happened.

I updated one or two of them by physically looking through the "Photos and Videos" subforum of the "MTA New York City Subway" forum page.

My question is: In order to update all of the links from NYC Transit Forums in my word document, which is over 10 pages long, do I have to physically locate the same thread and replace the old URL link with the new one, or is there an easier way to do this?

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Just note that I do not plan on being online this upcoming weekend, since the Children's Carnival will be taking place at the Queens County Farm Museum, where I work. I do plan on being online on Friday, 4/13/12, probably and most likely in the afternoon.

4 answers to this question

I don't think the topics have the same ID numbers anymore. The reason why is because next to the link http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394 I briefly typed what the link contained, which was pictures of the 207 Street yard. When I enter the numbers on the 'new' forums using the method above. I get a topic titled "So Sick and So tired," which does not contain pictures of the 207 Street Yard.

Thanks anyway. Does anyone else have any other advice?

I wouldn't do anything yet. I'm going to be making another change to the directory-level configuration file. Just hold off until after this final change is made.

I hope that this project works out as I feel that there is a treemndous interest in transportation in other cities as well as New York. thanks to the links, I have able to access other internet sites that have been a tremendous help to me in the transportation learning process. From what I have read on this forum, there is a tremendous amount of interest in buses and subways and basically in transportation in general. The problem is that the literature is quite hard to find and when you do find a title of interest (through interlibrary loan if you get it), you are quite lucky. I have received wierd looks from library staff (even though I am a retired librarian) when I request for a book on a subject such as West Penn Railways or Iowa trolleys from a library outside of this area. the internet has been great as it has provided the up to date information in seconds, not days and weeks and it is for this reason that I await the return of the links

Best of luck.

Archived