Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

So that 30 minute repair G.O they did earlier this afternoon from yesterday's mess made it worst.

There is no (F) train service between 2 Av and 4 Av-9 St in both directions. 

Some northbound (F) trains end at 4 Av-9 St. 

Some northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.  

(C) trains are stopping along the (F) line between West 4 St-Washington Square and Jay St-MetroTech in both directions.  

(G) trains are running between Court Sq and Bedford-Nostrand Avs in both directions. 

For service between Jay St-Metro-Tech and 4 Av-9 St, customers may use the B57 bus service.

At Bedford-Nostrand Avs, customers may use the B38 bus service to DeKalb Av or Jay St-MetroTech.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

This is just out of control. The (MTA) really needs to rethink their sick passenger protocols.

zx16vSx.png

Between that and the delayed trains and no damn express service Downtown on weekends. Figured I'd take the (A) down to Tribeca today. Well the (A) was running local from 59th street down to Chambers. Decided to just take any train from West 4th down. Coming back got off at West 4th and tried to get the (D) express but it too was running local. <_< On top of that they hold the damn train at every stop. Really ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Move the sick passenger off the train and onto the platform, have trains bypass that station. Simple.

Guess what? That is the existing protocol. The problem is are you qualified to make the determination that the sick customer can be safely moved ? If you’re not then it’s up to a qualified medical person to make that call. That’s why they hold the train in the station. If the sick customer is traveling alone the train can be discharged and the conductor will wait for help to arrive. That’s a risky judgment call though.  Judging from your callous response you would probably kick the person off the train and onto the platform so you could be on your way, lol. The lawyers would love to put you on the stand and rip you and the (MTA) a new one. Welcome to the real world. Carry on.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Move the sick passenger off the train and onto the platform, have trains bypass that station. Simple.

Wow. This proves you honestly don't understand that any incidents in the subway aren't easy to fix. Simplicity doesn't always go your way, because that's how life works. 

And also, the ill passenger would only be spreading the sickness to other passengers if an unqualified person does so. Have the professionals do it instead of the ones with a history of being unqualified. Get your doctorates before you are eligible for medical careers. 

Edited by Coney Island Av

4 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Wow. This proves you honestly don't understand that any incidents in the subway aren't easy to fix. Simplicity doesn't always go your way, because that's how life works. 

And also, the ill passenger would only be spreading the sickness to other passengers if an unqualified medic does so. Have the professionals do it instead of the ones with a history of being unqualified. Get your doctorates before you are eligible for medical careers. 

Excuse me? I have a clear understanding because more then once I've been a sick passenger, one time on the train I passed out from extreme heat and they moved me off the train .

14 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

Speaking of sick passengers, does anyone know what happened to that EMT program where you put EMT's at each subway station.???

Did that program ever pass?

There was a time when we had nurses at 125th Street , Grand Central and Bowling Green on the Lexington line during the rush hours. That appeared to be a test that didn't really last that long though. I thought that there was a proposal to institute a similar program just recently but maybe I was mistaken. Carry on. 

As part of the Subway Action Plan, Transit is supposed to add more in-station EMT facilities across the system, starting with 8th Avenue. Until that happens, or train crews receive EMS training, the current protocol of waiting for the professionally trained EMS workers to remove the passengers from the trains will continue.

Service Change

Posted: 04/10/2018  5:32PM

Some northbound (F)trains are stopping along the (M) line from 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr to Queens Plaza then along the (E) line toJackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (G) line from Bergen St to Court Sq then along the (E) line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some 71 Av bound (M) trains are stopping along (J) line from Delancey St-Essex St and end at Chambers St.

These service changes are because of an investigation at Roosevelt Island.

Expect delays in (E) , (F) , (G)(J) and (M) train service.

Service Change

Posted: 04/11/2018  6:17PM

Some northbound(B) and (D) trains will end at 42 St-Bryant Park.

Some southbound (B) and (D) trains will end at 145 St.

Northbound (C) trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

These service changes are because of switch problems at 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Expect delays in (A) , (B) , (C) , (D) and (E) train service.

-------------------------------------

Apparently something's going on at Roosevelt Avenue. Train is being held for an investigation? We'll see if something shows up.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

6 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Service Change

Northbound (C) trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Apparently something's going on at Roosevelt Avenue. Train is being held for an investigation? We'll see if something shows up.

I saw a (C) train heading to Queens at 7 Av/53 St because of this. I had to find a different way to the Bronx.

16 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Service Change

I was involved in this BS last night.  I totally avoided the (B)(D) once I saw that trains were delayed.  I took the (1) to 59th and got a train uptown there.  The mess was apparently due to a switch problem at 59th street, so there was NO (B)(D) service past Bryant Park uptown.  I got a (C) on the express track that lingered. First they said it was going express, then we sat and sat.  Then it was going local so people started sighing and getting off, and it stayed local.  Just a disaster.  I'm going to start avoiding 6th Avenue as much as possible regardless of when. Sick of the overcrowding, constant delays and infrequent service in general. Had I tried to take the (B)(D) I would've had to have canceled yet another tutoring session.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

On 4/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, Trainmaster5 said:

Guess what? That is the existing protocol. The problem is are you qualified to make the determination that the sick customer can be safely moved ? If you’re not then it’s up to a qualified medical person to make that call. That’s why they hold the train in the station. If the sick customer is traveling alone the train can be discharged and the conductor will wait for help to arrive. That’s a risky judgment call though.  Judging from your callous response you would probably kick the person off the train and onto the platform so you could be on your way, lol. The lawyers would love to put you on the stand and rip you and the (MTA) a new one. Welcome to the real world. Carry on.

Same rules apply for B/O's, by the way. 

On 4/8/2018 at 5:11 PM, Trainmaster5 said:

What do you propose to replace the existing protocol ? 

On 4/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, Trainmaster5 said:

Stop deflecting, there is no excuse for such poor performance, if it happens this frequently, the (MTA) should be able to handle it while causing minimal delays. No other metro system has 3,000 delays per month due to sick passengers. The delays shouldn't be happening on the scale that they do. 

4 minutes ago, kosciusko said:

Stop deflecting, there is no excuse for such poor performance, if it happens this frequently, the (MTA) should be able to handle it while causing minimal delays. No other metro system has 3,000 delays per month due to sick passengers. The delays shouldn't be happening on the scale that they do. 

I actually thought that you would bring something constructive here and you failed.  No matter how you look at the problem with sick passengers the problem lies with the passenger and not the (MTA) protocol AFAIC. Perhaps you think that the (MTA) should screen potential ridership before they are allowed to ride?  Just asking because there is no deflection intended in my post.  What exactly would you do to mitigate the problem?  A smart aleck answer is not a solution to the problem.  Carry on. 

25 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

matter how you look at the problem with sick passengers the problem lies with the passenger and not the (MTA) protocol AFAIC

If this is the case then why are the amount of sick passenger delays higher on the NYC subway than around the world? London and Tokyo don't have 3000 monthly sick passenger delays. Why are more people getting sick on the NYC Subway as opposed to other rail systems?

Throwing up your hands and saying "passengers fault, nothing we can do about it" is absolute bullshit, no other subway systems are having this many delays due to sick passengers.