Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Why would they not be able to turn like the (G) trains do?

The (G) alone isn't a problem, since it has around 8 minute headway, so that's about 7 trains per hour that are being turned. Now, several (F) trains were turning at Church Avenue as well, so those extra (F) have to turn. For now it should still be decent.

My guess is that the (M) place too much burden, if several (F) trains, along with (G) 's, are turning around at Church Avenue.

Additionally, it would have likely delay service even more. The (F) 's to Church ran express, to not hold up local-through trains. If the (M) ran to Church, it would have to run local, and then there would be greater delays on (F) service.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Delays Posted: 09/30/2017  4:05PM

Because of an unruly passenger at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, northbound  (4) and  (5) trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Know Before You Go!

On 9/12/2017 at 1:00 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The (G) alone isn't a problem, since it has around 8 minute headway, so that's about 7 trains per hour that are being turned. Now, several (F) trains were turning at Church Avenue as well, so those extra (F) have to turn. For now it should still be decent.

My guess is that the (M) place too much burden, if several (F) trains, along with (G) 's, are turning around at Church Avenue.

Additionally, it would have likely delay service even more. The (F) 's to Church ran express, to not hold up local-through trains. If the (M) ran to Church, it would have to run local, and then there would be greater delays on (F) service.

If you wanted to run (M) trains as a Culver local service, then it would have to terminate at Church Av to Allow (F) trains to run express on Culver 

• 2 weeks later...

Delays  Posted: 10/08/2017  7:01PM 

There is no (E) train service in both directions between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer.

There is no (F) train service in both directions between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica- 179 St.

Some northbound (F) trains are running on the (Q) line from Lexington Av-63 St and end at 96 St.

Some northbound (R) trains are running on the (N) line from Lexington Av-59 St and end at Astoria-Ditmars Blvd

These service changes are because of a Third Rail Loss of Power near Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike.

Expect delays in (C)(E) (F)(N)(Q) and (R) train service in both directions.

Allow additional travel.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

12 hours ago, Eric B said:

Since the (F)s are running Bway-West End this weekend, then the ones running to 96th are like a combination of the original 🅣  and the future phase 3 and 4 (T). (I always wished they kept is as West End).

We'll if you put the (T) at West End, then that gives you a chance to possibly bring back the (brownM)

Service Change  Posted: 10/16/2017  8:47AM 

(B) No train service between Norwood-205 St and Coney Island Still-Well Av in both directions. 

(M) No train service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Broadway Junction in both directions. 

Southbound (D) trains stop along the (C)  line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq the via the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.  

Northbound (D) trains stop along the (A) line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to 59 St-Columbus Circle.  

Southbound (F) trains are stopping along the (E) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq. 

Some southbound (F)  trains are stopping along the (E)  line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza then on the line to Bergen St.

Expect delays on (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)   and  (M) trains. 

These service changes are because of an investigation at B'Way-Lafayette St and signal problems at 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr.

----------------------------------------------------

Then, the same post but new reason:

Service Change  Posted: 10/16/2017  8:56AM 

These service changes are because of signal power issues at 42 St-Bryant Park

Edited by N6 Limited

2 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Delays  Posted: 10/16/2017  9:31AM 

(A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G) and (M)   train service has resumed with extensive delays following earlier signal problems at 42 St-Bryant Park. 

It's probably really bad

Anyone notice that this mess always happens on a Monday?  I guess if you need the subway on Monday's you should take a cab instead. Smh

On 9/18/2017 at 11:16 PM, Daniel The Cool said:

No. There was already congestion on 8th Avenue. Plus the (M) was ending early when the incident started so it really didn't get affected by it except by 1-3 trains if any.

likely related to signal issues I mentioned in my status update just a moment ago.

11 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Service Change  Posted: 10/16/2017  8:47AM 

(B) No train service between Norwood-205 St and Coney Island Still-Well Av in both directions. 

(M) No train service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Broadway Junction in both directions. 

Southbound (D) trains stop along the (C)  line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq the via the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.  

Northbound (D) trains stop along the (A) line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to 59 St-Columbus Circle.  

Southbound (F) trains are stopping along the (E) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq. 

Some southbound (F)  trains are stopping along the (E)  line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza then on the line to Bergen St.

Expect delays on (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)   and  (M) trains. 

These service changes are because of an investigation at B'Way-Lafayette St and signal problems at 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr.

----------------------------------------------------

Then, the same post but new reason:

Service Change  Posted: 10/16/2017  8:56AM 

These service changes are because of signal power issues at 42 St-Bryant Park

10 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Delays  Posted: 10/16/2017  9:31AM 

(A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G) and (M)   train service has resumed with extensive delays following earlier signal problems at 42 St-Bryant Park. 

It's probably really bad

That was an understatement...

I had the pleasure of getting stuck in this mess and being late to class, the delays reached as far as the Bronx...

My (D) ran local in the Bronx instead of express (which was fine since that happens occasionally) but we were held at 161st Street for 10 minutes, and again at 145th for 20 minutes when the conductor said we would be going on the (C) line. We made local stops along CPW, got stalled at 81st Street for 20 minutes, again at 59th for 5 minutes when the conductor said we would be going on the 6th Avenue line again, went one stop to 7th Avenue, and got stuck for another 30 minutes. I finally gave up and walked to 49th Street to catch the (R). On my way to Union Square, I saw a (D) on the express track probably heading to 96th Street. A 50 minute commute ended up taking two hours, and I think my conductor also mentioned a power outage at Rockefeller Center.

3 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

That was an understatement...

I had the pleasure of getting stuck in this mess and being late to class, the delays reached as far as the Bronx...

My (D) ran local in the Bronx instead of express (which was fine since that happens occasionally) but we were held at 161st Street for 10 minutes, and again at 145th for 20 minutes when the conductor said we would be going on the (C) line. We made local stops along CPW, got stalled at 81st Street for 20 minutes, again at 59th for 5 minutes when the conductor said we would be going on the 6th Avenue line again, went one stop to 7th Avenue, and got stuck for another 30 minutes. I finally gave up and walked to 49th Street to catch the (R). On my way to Union Square, I saw a (D) on the express track probably heading to 96th Street. A 50 minute commute ended up taking two hours, and I think my conductor also mentioned a power outage at Rockefeller Center.

Wow, you have a lot of patience, I would have bailed at 161st for the (4) (after checking service status of course)  or maybe 145th and walked to Broadway or Lenox

11 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Wow, you have a lot of patience, I would have bailed at 161st for the (4) (after checking service status of course)  or maybe 145th and walked to Broadway or Lenox

I probably would have also bailed and taken the (4), but at that time the (4) is awful between 149th and 125th, and a complete nightmare between 42nd and 14th. I think one time in May I decided to take the (6) from Grand Central and ended up passing 4 or so express trains between 42nd and 14th. I just take the (D) to the (N)(Q)(R)(W) instead whenever I leave around 8 just to avoid the (4) ... (granted, it probably wouldn't have been as bad as yesterday.

I also probably could've walked over to the (1) or (2)(3), but since I was heading to Union Square that wouldn't have worked out for me.

4 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

I probably would have also bailed and taken the (4), but at that time the (4) is awful between 149th and 125th, and a complete nightmare between 42nd and 14th. I think one time in May I decided to take the (6) from Grand Central and ended up passing 4 or so express trains between 42nd and 14th. I just take the (D) to the (N)(Q)(R)(W) instead whenever I leave around 8 just to avoid the (4) ... (granted, it probably wouldn't have been as bad as yesterday.

I also probably could've walked over to the (1) or (2)(3), but since I was heading to Union Square that wouldn't have worked out for me.

You could have still transferred at Times Square for the (N)(Q)(R)(W) , or even another walk  from the (4)(6) to 2nd Ave at 96th or 86th for the (Q) .

Maybe because I have an unlimited metrocard, I don't hesitate to make out of system transfers if necessary.  A few times delays have been so bad on Queens Blvd that I've bailed and taken the Q60 to Jamaica (thanks Transit App!)

Or even in system transfers, the QBL had a "broken rail condition" Northbound between Roosevelt Ave and Queens Plaza, (all trains were on one track ) I transferred from the (F) at 42nd st for the (7) to bypass the congestion and catch the next (E) or (F) at Roosevelt Ave.

It isn't Monday without:

Service Change

Posted: 10/30/2017  8:19AM

Some northbound  (N)(R) and  (W) trains are stopping along  (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some northbound (N)(R) and (W) trains end at Times Sq-42 St or 57 St-7Av.

There is no (N) and (W) train service between 57 St-7 Av and Queensboro Plaza.

Expect delays on (N)(Q)(R)  and (W) trains.

This service changes is because of a train with mechanical problems at Lexington Av/59 St.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 10/30/2017  7:50AM

Southbound (Q) trains are stopping along the  (N) line from DeKalb Av to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

(B) trains suspended in both direction between Bedford Park Blvd and Brighton Beach.

Expect delays on (D)  , (N) and (Q) trains.

These service changes are because of a tree across the tracks at Cortelyou Rd.

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

It isn't Monday without:

Service Change

Posted: 10/30/2017  8:19AM

Some northbound  (N)(R) and  (W) trains are stopping along  (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Expect delays on (N)(Q)(R)  and (W) trains.

This service changes is because of a train with mechanical problems at Lexington Av/59 St.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 10/30/2017  7:50AM

Southbound (Q) trains are stopping along the  (N) line from DeKalb Av to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

(B) trains suspended in both direction between Bedford Park Blvd and Brighton Beach.

Expect delays on (D)  , (N) and (Q) trains.

These service changes are because of a tree across the tracks at Cortelyou Rd.

This couples the mess I dealt with on Friday. The BxM2 has been a mess here of late at night, so I opted for the (1) to get home.  So much for that.  Service was suspended entirely from 137th down to Grand Central, so then I took the (4) over to Metro-North, but missed the damn connection, so it took me almost two hours to get home.  

9 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

96 Street should be good enough to turn all of Broadway’s trains, no? 57 Street–7 Avenue seems like a terrible place to turn trains since that is the only way to/from 96 Street from Broadway.