Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

96 Street should be good enough to turn all of Broadway’s trains, no? 57 Street–7 Avenue seems like a terrible place to turn trains since that is the only way to/from 96 Street from Broadway.

It can't turn all four services without delays. I believe this is just a case of terminating trains anywhere so it does not clog up 96th. 

It was not mentioned and IDK if it happened, but I have a feeling some southbound (N) and (Q) trains might have been rerouted down 6th Avenue instead, so that they would not get in the way of northbound trains terminating at whatever location. Perhaps (R) trains made it to 6th Avenue in both directions as well. I don't know for sure though. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

It can't turn all four services without delays. I believe this is just a case of terminating trains anywhere so it does not clog up 96th. 

It was not mentioned and IDK if it happened, but I have a feeling some southbound (N) and (Q) trains might have been rerouted down 6th Avenue instead, so that they would not get in the way of northbound trains terminating at whatever location. Perhaps (R) trains made it to 6th Avenue in both directions as well. I don't know for sure though. 

At the very least, they should have terminated express trains at Times Square–42 Street and have local trains continue to 96 Street.

19 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I saw some Rs via Sixth on subway time.

Interesting one on the (4) tonight, apparently there was a shopping trolley on the tracks at Utica earlier! 

Bearing in mind Utica is an underground station, and they had to get it through the turnstiles, how did it find its way onto the track?! 

4 hours ago, JTrainUK said:

Interesting one on the (4) tonight, apparently there was a shopping trolley on the tracks at Utica earlier! 

Bearing in mind Utica is an underground station, and they had to get it through the turnstiles, how did it find its way onto the track?! 

They could have used the elevators or they could have brought the cart to the station by train.

13 hours ago, JTrainUK said:

It could have been Rail-lifted to a nearby yard.

8 hours ago, RR503 said:

Good thing they got it out. 

Anyone else familiar with the story of the 503?

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=11237

My dad actually witnessed 503 on fire.

It was a brand new LIRR DM30 that hit a shopping cart and due to the third rail caught fire near Huntington

6 hours ago, 78 via Stew Leonards said:

Anybody else tired of express trains constantly running local... especially the (A) 

lol When does this happen? I rarely use the (A) to get to Riverdale because it isn't all that fast compared to the (1) (the last few stops Northbound are especially painful and slow), plus I'm limited to just the Bx7 bus if it is late at night. I went that way once years ago to avoid backtracking to the express bus and I said never again. The (A) was express but still slow, and waiting for the Bx7 there were rats running all over the place by Isham Street. That apartment building has an alley and it's infested with rats and I do mean rats. They were bigger than my shoes. 

4 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

lol When does this happen? I rarely use the (A) to get to Riverdale because it isn't all that fast compared to the (1) (the last few stops Northbound are especially painful and slow), plus I'm limited to just the Bx7 bus if it is late at night. I went that way once years ago to avoid backtracking to the express bus and I said never again. The (A) was express but still slow, and waiting for the Bx7 there were rats running all over the place by Isham Street. That apartment building has an alley and it's infested with rats and I do mean rats. They were bigger than my shoes. 

When I get the (A) or (C) home from work at night (I get on at Chambers St) it doesnt matter which one i get because theyre both going local. They're always being held up somewhere along the line too, sometimes for 10 minutes

• 3 weeks later...

There no R train service from 36 St-(BKLYN) to 95 St in both directions because of debris on the tracks at 86 St.

There is R shuttle train service between 36 St (Bklyn) and Bay Ridge-95 St in both directions. Southbound R trains are stopping along the D line from 36 St (Bklyn) to 9 Av then end. 

Crazy!!

Southbound E trains are stopping along the F line from 2 Av and end at Church Av. Details at https://t.co/vhZQ2kZ2vb

Happy foaming. 

Wasn't 86 st one of the stations next in line to get renovated to?

43 minutes ago, B46 via Utica said:

There no R train service from 36 St-(BKLYN) to 95 St in both directions because of debris on the tracks at 86 St.

There is R shuttle train service between 36 St (Bklyn) and Bay Ridge-95 St in both directions. Southbound R trains are stopping along the D line from 36 St (Bklyn) to 9 Av then end. 

Crazy!!

Southbound E trains are stopping along the F line from 2 Av and end at Church Av. Details at https://t.co/vhZQ2kZ2vb

Happy foaming. 

Nah it was renovated in 2011. Its next in line to get elevators.

More Sunday evening disruptions just in case you missed the earlier ones:

Service Change

Posted: 11/26/2017  8:25PM

Some southbound  (D) trains are stopping on the (F) line from West 4 St-Washington Square to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound (D) trains are stopping along the (A) line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Jay St-Metrotech, then over the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

These service changes are because of a rail condition at Broadway-Lafayette.

As an alternative for service to Grand St, use the nearby Delancey St (F) station.

For Coney Island bound service from Grand St, take a Norwood bound (D) train to W 4 St- Washington Square for Coney Island-bound (D) trains.

Expect delays in (D)(E)(F)(G) train service.

(I don't know how this affects the (G) though)

2 hours ago, B46 via Utica said:

Crazy!!

Happy foaming. 

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Nah it was renovated in 2011. Its next in line to get elevators.

Ironically, looks like the "renovations" we're part of the cause. Post reported that a section of the prefab wall collapsed onto the roadway causing the derailment.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/26/crumbling-wall-causes-subway-derailment-in-bay-ridge/

46 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

More Sunday evening disruptions just in case you missed the earlier ones:

Service Change

Posted: 11/26/2017  8:25PM

Some southbound  (D) trains are stopping on the (F) line from West 4 St-Washington Square to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound (D) trains are stopping along the (A) line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Jay St-Metrotech, then over the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

As an alternative for service to Grand St, use the nearby Delancey St (F) station.

For Coney Island bound service from Grand St, take a Norwood bound (D) train to W 4 St- Washington Square for Coney Island-bound (D) trains.

Expect delays in (D)(E)(F)(G) train service.

(I don't know how this affects the (G) though)

They updated it, although I'd honestly say this makes less sense (I understand if the (G) was delayed by having more service along the Culver line, but how would the (N) be affected?)

Service Change  Posted: 11/26/2017  9:04PM 

Some southbound (D) trains are stopping on the (F) line from West 4 St-Washington Square to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound (D) trains are stopping along the (A) line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Jay St-Metrotech, then over the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

As an alternative for service to Grand St, use the nearby Delancey St (F) station.

For Coney Island bound service from Grand St, take a Norwood bound (D) train to W 4 St- Washington Square for Coney Island-bound (D) trains.

Expect delays in (D)(E)(F)(N) train service.

1 hour ago, SmallParkShuttle said:

Ironically, looks like the "renovations" we're part of the cause. Post reported that a section of the prefab wall collapsed onto the roadway causing the derailment.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/26/crumbling-wall-causes-subway-derailment-in-bay-ridge/

Who was hired to build these walls? Maybe Trump can find us a better contractor since he harps on it all the time.