Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

2nd update to the above:

Service Change  Posted: 02/13/2018 11:50PM 

There is no (E) train service in both directions between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer.

There is no (F) train service in both directions between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica-179 St.

These service changes are because of a person struck by a train at 75 Av.

There is limited  shuttle bus service running in both directions between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica-179 Street and between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer.

LIRR is accommodating NYCT passengers at no additional charge at the following stations: 34 St-Penn Station, 61 St-Woodside, Forest Hills-71 Av, Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike and Sutphin Blvd-JFK stations.

Alternatives: For service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Briarwood, take Q60 bus service instead.

For service between Briarwood and Jamaica Center, take Q20A, Q20B or Q44-SBS bus service.

For service between Sutphin Blvd and Jamaica-179 St, take Q43 bus service instead. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Abba said:

Tough call but they couldn’t extend the shuttle buses? 

That's what I would have hoped. Subwaytime had no listing for any train service between Jackson Heights and Forest Hills at times, so I wonder how much service was actually ran.

Also, good morning fellow QBL riders!

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  7:59AM

Some southbound (E) and (F) trains are running local from Kew Gardens-Union Tpke to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av because of signal problems at 75 Av.

Expect delays on the (E) , (F) , (M) and (R) trains.

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  6:55AM

Some Broadway Junction bound (M) trains and some southbound (R) trains are running express Forest Hills-71 Av to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av because of signal problems at Elmhurst Av.

Expect delays in (E) , (F) , (M) and (R) train service

Feel the love people, c'mon...

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  8:49AM

Southbound (E) trains are stopping along the (F) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Broadway Junction-bound (M) trains are stopping along the (F) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to 47-50 St-Rockefeller Ctr.

These service changes are because of a sick customer at Court Sq-23 St. 

Expect delays on the (E) , (F) and (M) trains.

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  6:39PM

There is no southbound (4) train service between Woodlawn and 149 St-Grand Concourse

Some northbound (4) trains end at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

These service changes are because of a train with mechanical problems at 167 St.

Expect delays in both directions.

As an alternative, customers can use the (B) or (D) train making nearby station stops.

------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  6:08PM

Some northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to B'Way-Lafayette St because of signal problems at 18 Av.

Expect delays on (D) and (F) trains.

---------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  7:08PM

Some southbound  (R) trains are stopping along the (D) line from 36 St (Bklyn) to 9 Av then end.

Expect delays in (R) train service in both directions.

These service changes are because of a train with mechanical problems at 59 St (Bklyn).

(Where is the love?)

3 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  6:39PM

There is no southbound (4) train service between Woodlawn and 149 St-Grand Concourse

Some northbound (4) trains end at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

These service changes are because of a train with mechanical problems at 167 St.

Expect delays in both directions.

As an alternative, customers can use the (B) or (D) train making nearby station stops.

------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  6:08PM

Some northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to B'Way-Lafayette St because of signal problems at 18 Av.

Expect delays on (D) and (F) trains.

---------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 02/14/2018  7:08PM

Some southbound  (R) trains are stopping along the (D) line from 36 St (Bklyn) to 9 Av then end.

Expect delays in (R) train service in both directions.

These service changes are because of a train with mechanical problems at 59 St (Bklyn).

(Where is the love?)

I can personally vouch that the (4) is running (very) limited service between Woodlawn and Burnside Avenue.

The (4) was a complete mess yesterday. I was waiting at 125th St for a northbound (4) for about 25 minutes. This (4) was originally suppose to operate via Jerome Express and end at Burnside, but it went local the whole way to Woodlawn and we kept getting held at every station for about 2 to 5 minutes for "supervison". Like there were no (4) trains in front of us, why didn't dispatch send us express for lost time?

8 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The (4) was a complete mess yesterday. I was waiting at 125th St for a northbound (4) for about 25 minutes. This (4) was originally suppose to operate via Jerome Express and end at Burnside, but it went local the whole way to Woodlawn and we kept getting held at every station for about 2 to 5 minutes for "supervison". Like there were no (4) trains in front of us, why didn't dispatch send us express for lost time?

There were probably no trains behind you. In cases like that the train will be “ gapped “ to even out the spacing between trains. If your train went express to Burnside and dropped out think about the number of stations that wouldn’t have any service from 149th St to Woodlawn. Without knowing the specifics of the big picture the procedure was the correct one.

Service Change

Posted: 02/16/2018  2:02PM

There is no (B) train service between DeKalb Av and 145 St in both directions.

(B) trains are running along the (Q) line between DeKalb Av and 96 St in both directions.

(B) and (D) trains are running with delays in both directions.

These service changes are because of signal problems at 7 Av.

Service Change

Posted: 02/16/2018  2:56PM

Northbound (R) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from DeKalb Av to Canal St because of signal problems at Whitehall St-South Ferry.

Expect delays in (N) , (Q) and (R) train service.

Our crews are on site working to fix it ASAP and we'll follow up soon. Stay tuned for updates.

1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

Wait, if the problem is at 7th Avenue then why the hell are they sending (B) trains over the (Q) IN MANHATTAN, RIGHT THROUGH THE AFFECTED AREA!

Seriously at times I want to know who comes up with these changes.

7th Avenue and 53 Street, where the (B)(D) and (E) stop. It was a little more chaotic in the AM rush, since they also have some (B) and (D) trains run via 8 Avenue Northbound.

I was at Jay Street and saw a dog running insanely close to the third rail. Checked a few minutes later, and then...

Service Change

Posted: 02/16/2018  3:15PM

Some northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (G) line from Bergen St to Court Sq then via the (E) line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some southbound (F)trains will end at 2 Av.

These service changes are because of a dog on the tracks at York St.

The subway devil is busy today...

24 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

7th Avenue and 53 Street, where the (B)(D) and (E) stop. It was a little more chaotic in the AM rush, since they also have some (B) and (D) trains run via 8 Avenue Northbound.

Oh see now I didn't know that, instead of 7th Avenue (which is what they wrote) they should have written 7th Av-53rd St.

18 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I was at Jay Street and saw a dog running insanely close to the third rail. Checked a few minutes later, and then...

Service Change

Posted: 02/16/2018  3:15PM

Some northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (G) line from Bergen St to Court Sq then via the (E) line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some southbound (F)trains will end at 2 Av.

These service changes are because of a dog on the tracks at York St.

The subway devil is busy today...

Maybe it was a Yorkie? :P

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Wait, if the problem is at 7th Avenue then why the hell are they sending (B) trains over the (Q) IN MANHATTAN, RIGHT THROUGH THE AFFECTED AREA!

Seriously at times I want to know who comes up with these changes.

When the (B) train runs via Broadway, it does not mean it is running via the affected area. 53rd Street on Seventh Avenue and 57th Street on Seventh Avenue are two completely different stops.

Besides, that (B) train coming to Times Square via Broadway caught me by surprise; I didn't have to wait that long to catch it. I caught it at Times Square from the (R) train I took from the (4) train at 59th Street, after taking two pictures from and on the upper level Bronx bound (6)<6> platform and taking a single one from the middle level Brooklyn bound wall at Lexington Avenue. Everything has tended to go very crazy with the (B) train as of late.

Edited by 4 via Mosholu
Some additional information

10 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

When the (B) train runs via Broadway, it does not mean it is running via the affected area. 53rd Street on Seventh Avenue and 57th Street on Seventh Avenue are two completely different stops.

And that's not what Lawrence St was referring to. He believed the issue was at the 7th Avenue station in Brooklyn.

Also, this is a first:

Service Change

Posted: 02/16/2018  4:11PM

Due to signal damage caused by an earlier fire, customers should expect longer travel times and crowding on the (B) and (D) lines, as the (B) operates via the (Q) line fromAtlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 96 St, running express between Canal St and 57 St-7 Av.

Crews have been working hard all day to make repairs and minimize this impact on service, and service agents will be available throughout the system to assist customers. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we complete these repairs.

Service Changes:

(B) operates via the (Q) line between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and 96 St, running express between Canal St and 57 St-7 Av. Bronx-bound  customers should take the (D). Brooklyn-bound customers should take the (Q) .

(D) operates local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Bedford Park Blvd.

4 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Also, this is a first:

Service Change

Posted: 02/16/2018  4:11PM

Due to signal damage caused by an earlier fire, customers should expect longer travel times and crowding on the (B) and (D) lines, as the (B) operates via the (Q) line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 96 St, running express between Canal St and 57 St-7 Av.

Crews have been working hard all day to make repairs and minimize this impact on service, and service agents will be available throughout the system to assist customers. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we complete these repairs.

Service Changes:

(B) operates via the (Q) line between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and 96 St, running express between Canal St and 57 St-7 Av. Bronx-bound (B) customers should take the (D). Brooklyn-bound (B) customers should take the (Q) .

(D) operates local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Bedford Park Blvd.

@BM5 via Woodhaven, I never saw this detailed information as well. At least I did not take the (D) train from Tremont Avenue as I wanted to do; I guess I had a premonition that the (D) train was already screwed so bad by the lack of (B) service, although it would have been a sight to see.

11 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

And that's not what Lawrence St was referring to. He believed the issue was at the 7th Avenue station in Brooklyn.

I know @Lawrence St was not referring to that; I just wanted to explain to him that the signal problem was at 53rd Street on Seventh Avenue, not Seventh Avenue on Flatbush Avenue. Please pardon me for not being clear enough.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:07 PM, paulrivera said:

Somebody call Wallyhorse:

Delays  Posted: 02/13/2018  1:01PM 

There is no (E) (F)(M) and (R) train service between Manhattan and Roosevelt Av.  

Some northbound (E) trains are running along the (C) line from 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal and 168 St.  

There is no (F) train service between 21 St-Queensbridge and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av in both directions. 

There is no (M) train service between Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av in both directions. 

Some Forest Hills bound (M) trains are running along the (B) line from 42 St-Bryant Park to 145 St.  

(R) trains are running along the (N) line between Lexington Av-59 St and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.  

:D

Actually, this is how this should be.  Though obviously this is not the way I'd like to see this, it makes sense to have the (M) go to 145 or 96/2 rather than Chambers in that situation so those on Broadway-Brooklyn looking for 6th Avenue don't lose that portion of the line.  

On 2/16/2018 at 4:27 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Due to signal damage caused by an earlier fire, customers should expect longer travel times and crowding on the (B) and (D) lines, as the (B) operates via the (Q) line fromAtlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 96 St, running express between Canal St and 57 St-7 Av.

Service Changes:

(B) operates via the (Q) line between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and 96 St, running express between Canal St and 57 St-7 Av. Bronx-bound  customers should take the (D). Brooklyn-bound customers should take the (Q) .

(D) operates local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Bedford Park Bl

This service change was listed incorrectly on the website. (D) trains were running local in Manhattan, and some were short-turning at 34th. It was a mess.

Service Change  Posted: 02/20/2018  6:13PM 

Northbound  (3) trains are stopping along the (5) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Some southbound (2) trains are stopping along the  (5) line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Northbound (3) train are stopping along the(1) line from 96 St to 137 St-City College then end. 

There is no (2) and (3) train service between 96 St and Harlem-148 St in both directions.

Expect delays in (1), (2) and (3) train service in both directions.

These service changes are because of FDNY activity at Central Park North-110 St.

Service Change  Posted: 02/26/2018  6:47AM 

There is no (N) and (W) train service between 57 St-7 Av and Queensboro Plaza in both directions.

There is shuttle train service between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

(N) trains are running along the (Q) line between 57 St-7 Av and 96 St in both directions.

Southbound (R) trains are running along the (F) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Lexington Av-63 St then via (Q) to 57 St-7 Av.

These service changes are because of a train with mechanical problems at 5 Av-59 St.

Expect delays in (F) , (N) , (Q) ,  (R) and (W) train service.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

4 hours ago, TrainFanInfinity said:

Service Change  Posted: 02/26/2018  6:47AM 

There is no (N) and (W) train service between 57 St-7 Av and Queensboro Plaza in both directions.

There is shuttle train service between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

(N) trains are running along the (Q) line between 57 St-7 Av and 96 St in both directions.

Southbound (R) trains are running along the (F) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Lexington Av-63 St then via (Q) to 57 St-7 Av.

These service changes are because of a train with mechanical problems at 5 Av-59 St.

Expect delays in (F) , (N) , (Q) ,  (R) and (W) train service.

Wouldn't it be possible if the train is actually stuck inside 5th Avenue/59th to have (N) trains (from Queens) run to 60th/Lex and turn there?  

Edited by Wallyhorse

44 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Conga Line Alert!

Service Change

Posted: 02/26/2018  6:58PM

71 Av bound (M) and northbound (R) trains are running express from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av because of a sick passenger at Forest Hills-71 Av.

Expect delays in (E) , (F) , (M) and (R) train service.

It wouldn't help here, but it's *really* time they put the crossover back in between express and local entering 71st. Allowing locals to terminate on a different track than expresses during disruptions/PSCs would do worlds for QBL. I'd argue it'd be the biggest improvement post-63rd. 

Edited by RR503