Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was pretty bad. Heres a clip of the massive delays at Queensboro Plaza from yesterday:

@FC whats B/O? (Not Bus Operator)

I've seen crowds like that before. It's quite common, especially with people trying to transfer and the schoolkids waiting for their trains.

Honestly, the thread is fine if there was a way for post to auto-delete themselves after... lets say 30 days. The one main thing of all those 12-9 and service diversion threads have in common is that they die out in a week (leaving the archives littered with stuff).

Discussions shouldn't be deleted though. Maybe they would be better in its own sub-forum.

Because of a switch problem @ W4 2pm (A) & (C) were running on the (D) line from W4 to 59 and they had some (E)'s running express from W4 to Bedford Park Blvd......that would have been a great photo moment.

(E) to Bedford Park? Must have been a serious switch problem, and I hope SOMEBODY got a picture or something.

What's happening at Queensboro Plaza? There are no (7)<7> trains at all and all (N)(Q) trains are skipping the station: and the people here are pissed. What's happening?

I was about to ask the same question. Even when (7) service came back, the <7> stopped.

I also saw an (R) going to Whitehall. Not sure if the other ones were because I took that one. And this morning there was a (5) that kept switching back between 7th ave & Lexington Ave. I looked on the express track and there was another (5) so that might be why. Don't know which one it took tough because I couldn't risk it and took the (4) that was right behind it.

Due to a rail condition/signal problem at the Church Ave Station, uptown (F) trains are running on the (D) line between the Stillwell Ave Station to the West 4th Street Station.

Selected (F) trains are running on the (F) line between Stillwell Ave and Ditmas Ave.

As with any weekend unplanned problems, expect this to take a while. Pretty much all the work crews are at home or on GO's. And (F) on the (F) sounds so odd.

Edited by Amtrak7

As I predicted, still going on.

Due to a rail condition/signal problem at the Church Ave Station, uptown (F) trains are running on the (D) line between the Stillwell Ave Station to the West 4th Street Station.

Selected (F) Shuttle trains are running on the (F) line between Stillwell Ave and Ditmas Ave.

In addition, there is no (G) train service in both directions between Bergen St and Church Ave

As an alternate customers are advised to use B57, B61, B67 and B69 buses.

Guest lance25

Selected (F) trains are running on the (F) line between Stillwell Ave and Ditmas Ave.

As with any weekend unplanned problems, expect this to take a while. Pretty much all the work crews are at home or on GO's. And (F) on the (F) sound so odd.

It looks like they got someone new writing the service changes. For the past few days, they've also been using the shorthand text message alerts on the main site as well.

Obviously they're trying to say that there is some service on Culver between Ditmas and Stillwell, but it should be written somewhere along the lines of "there's limited uptown service between Stillwell Av and Ditmas Av only."

It looks like they got someone new writing the service changes. For the past few days, they've also been using the shorthand text message alerts on the main site as well.

Obviously they're trying to say that there is some service on Culver between Ditmas and Stillwell, but it should be written somewhere along the lines of "there's limited uptown service between Stillwell Av and Ditmas Av only."

And the B69 doesn't run weekends.

Due to loss of power between the 145th Street Station and the 161st Street-Yankee Stadium Station:

There is no (:P train service between the Brighton Beach Station and the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

There is no (D) train service in both directions between the Norwood-205th Street Station and the 125th Street Station.

Both directions (D) trains are running on the (A) line between the 125th Street Station and the 168th Street Station.

Please expect delays on the (A) and (D) trains at this time

Service Change *Posted:*02/28/2012* 9:15AM

Due to loss of power between the 145th Street Station and the 161st Street-Yankee Street Station:

There is no (B)train service between the*Brighton Beach Station and the*Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

There is no (D)train service in both directions between the Norwood-205th Street Station and the 125th Street Station.*

Both directions (D)trains are running on the(A) line between the*125th Street Station and the 168th Street Station.

Please expect delays on the (B)and (D)trains at this time,

Q was BIE right outside Prospect Park northbound today at around 7:00. I was on the B train right behind. T/O called the tower looking in for permission to pull the train into the station with the last car of the Q in front still in the station. Made for some interesting pictures:

112fwqf.jpg

All the passengers on the B seemed to just stay on board for some reason. I was going to school and had to get to 125st & St. Nicolas. Thinking that the IND in Manhattan would be a mess because of the B becoming a shuttle between Prospect Park & Brighton I took the Franklin S to the 2/3/4/5 at Botanic Garden. I was aiming to get a 2/3 to 96 st & then change to the 1 but saw that the next 2/3 train was coming in 13 minutes(!!) so I took the 4 pulling into the station to Grand Cental, took the Times Sq shuttle, then took a N/B 2 to a N/B 1 at 96st and got off at 125 st & B'way. Was 15 min late.

Due to loss of power between the 145th Street Station and the 161st Street-Yankee Stadium Station:

There is no (:P train service between the Brighton Beach Station and the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

There is no (D) train service in both directions between the Norwood-205th Street Station and the 125th Street Station.

Both directions (D) trains are running on the (A) line between the 125th Street Station and the 168th Street Station.

Please expect delays on the (A) and (D) trains at this time

UPDATE:

Due to loss of power between the 145th Street Station and the 161st Street-Yankee Street Station, downtown (D) trains are running express between the 170th Street Station and the 145th Street Station.

Please expect delays on the (B) and (D) trains at this time

I was caught in that hot mess. (:P and (D) trains were held at Tremont Av (around 8:50-8:55AM) for 20 minutes until we were instructed to get those blue tickets (forgot the name) and transfer to the nearby Burnside Av (4). A lot of people (mainly (D) train passengers) literally ran to Burnside Av and the station itself was quickly packed. Some transferred to the (2) at 149/Concourse for West Side access, however. Horrible commute. :tdown:

Service Change Posted:02/28/2012 1:55PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the 7 Avenue Station:

Uptown (:P trains are running on the (D)line between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the DeKalb Avenue Station.

Uptown (Q)trains are running on the(N) line between the Coney Island-Stillwell AvenueStation and the the DeKalb Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the (B), (D), (N) and (Q)trains at this time.

This is not the day for the Brighton Line.