Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

New Update:

Service Change

Posted: 05/23/2018  5:29PM

Some southbound (B) and (D) trains are stopping along the  line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sqthen along the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound (F) trains are stopping along the (E) line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Court Sq then along the (G) line to Bergen St.

Southbound (B) , (D) , (F) and Metropolitan Av bound (M) trains are running with delays.

These service changes are because of switch problems at 57 St.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

If the switch problem is at 57th St why is the rest of 6th AV affected?

Because the interns can't tell apart 57th Street from 47th Street from 37th Street.

Meanwhile, I expect the obligatory "(B) trains are not running between Bedford Park Blvd and Brighton Beach Avenue in both directions" alert to come in shortly.

Service Change  Posted: 05/23/2018  7:19PM 

There is no (F) train service between Church Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av in both directions. 

Northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to DeKalb Av then along the (Q) line to Lexington Av-63 St.  

Southbound (B) , (D) and (F) trains will end at Church Av because of FDNY activity at Avenue I.

Service Change  Posted: 05/23/2018  7:13PM 

Some southbound (B) and (D) trains are stopping along the (A) line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sqthen along the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av Church Av and end.    

Some southbound (F) trains are stopping along the (E)  line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Court Sq then along the (G) line to Bergen St.

Some southbound (N) trains are stopping along the (D) line from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.  

(A) (B) (C) (D) (E) (F) (G) (M) (N) (Q) and (R) trains are running with delays.

Edited by paulrivera

Service Change  Posted: 05/23/2018  8:03PM 

(F) train service remains suspended in both directions between Church Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av because of an electrical fire at Avenue I Station. We are awaiting the arrival of Con Ed personnel on the scene. Until we're able to coordinate with Con Ed, consider using the B68 bus on Coney Island Ave. For directions from Church Av to the B68 bus please follow this link http://goo.gl/2qN2Jr 

Northbound (F) trains are stopping along the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to DeKalb Av then along the (Q) line to Lexington Av-63 St.   

Southbound (B)(D) and (F) trains will end at Church Av. 

Expect delays in (B)(D), (F) and (Q) train service.  

These service changes are because of FDNY activity at Avenue I.

It's over

Delays Posted: 05/23/2018  8:07PM,

(B)(D) and (F) train service has resumed following earlier FDNY activity at Avenue I.

EDIT:

Service Change

Posted: 05/23/2018  8:22PM

(F) trains are bypassing Avenue I in both directions because of an electrical fire at Avenue I.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, paulrivera said:

Because the interns can't tell apart 57th Street from 47th Street from 37th Street.

Meanwhile, I expect the obligatory "(B) trains are not running between Bedford Park Blvd and Brighton Beach Avenue in both directions" alert to come in shortly.

Service Change  Posted: 05/23/2018  7:19PM 

There is no (F) train service between Church Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av in both directions. 

Southbound (B) , (D) and (F) trains will end at Church Av because of FDNY activity at Avenue I.

Service Change  Posted: 05/23/2018  7:13PM 

Some southbound (B) and (D) trains are stopping along the (A) line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sqthen along the (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av Church Av and end.    

Some southbound (F) trains are stopping along the (E)  line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Court Sq then along the (G) line to Bergen St.

Some southbound (N) trains are stopping along the (D) line from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.  

(A) (B) (C) (D) (E) (F) (G) (M) (N) (Q) and (R) trains are running with delays.

Wait huh? They really need to check these service changes before they post them...

Service Change

Posted: 05/24/2018  7:53AM

Southbound (D) trains are running local from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 36 St (Brooklyn)

Some southbound (N) trains are stopping along the (R) line from Canal St to 36 St(Brooklyn).

Some southbound (N) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from DeKalb Av to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

These service changes are in effect until we remove overnight work trains from the express tracks.

Expect delays on (B)(D) , (N) , (Q) , (R) (*and (W)*) trains.

*=added

Service Change  Posted: 05/24/2018  9:36AM 

The earlier train with mechanical problems at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av is on the move.

Some northbound (R) trains are stopping along the  line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some Forest Hills-bound (M) trains are stopping along the  line from Essex St to Chambers St and end.

Some southbound (N) trains are running local from Canal St to DeKalb Av.

These service changes are because of signal problems at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

LIRR is accommodating NYCT Metro card customer at no additional charges at the following stations:

Kew Gardens, Forest Hills and 34 St-Penn Station.

Expect delays on (E), (F), (M) and (R) trains.

Bad day for Queens riders part 2, just in time for the PM rush hour...

Service Change

Posted: 05/24/2018  3:25PM

There is no (7) train service between Times Sq-42 St and 61 St-Woodside in both directions.

34 St bound (7) trains will end at 61 St-Woodside.

There is (7) train shuttle service between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Times Sq-42 St.

Theses service changes are because of signal problems at Queensboro Plaza.

For service between Manhattan and Queens, customers are advised to use the (E) , (F) , (M) , (N) , (R) and (W) trains.

I can only imagine the issues we'll have when the weather gets even warmer.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edit: The signal problems have evolved to involve the (N) and (W)

Service Change

Posted: 05/24/2018  3:37PM

There is no (7) train service between Times Sq-42 St and 61 St-Woodside in both directions.

34 St bound (7) trains will end at 61 St-Woodside.

There is (7) train shuttle service between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Times Sq-42 St.

There is no(N) and (W) train service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

Expect extensive delays in (N) , (Q) , (R), (W) and (7) train service.

Theses service changes are because of signal problems at Queensboro Plaza.

For service between Manhattan and Queens, customers are advised to use the (E) , (F) , (M) , and (R) trains.

There is currently no (7) line service at Vernon Blvd Jackson Av. See a station agent for a block ticket for continuing train or bus service. Consider using the nearby (G) line at 21 St.

Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2LsNHsR

There is currently no (7) line service at Hunters Point Av.? See a station agent for a re-entry pass for continuing train or bus service. Consider using the nearby  line at 21 St.

Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2kmLvXC

This is why I started taking the Q32 from Manhattan to 74th Broadway at nights. The (7) is pretty useless nowadays as an alternative to the Queens Blvd Lines with signal malfunctions. I can already see the (E) and (F) being slammed as a result of this service change.

Edited by NY1635

22 hours ago, paulrivera said:

The (B) Train didn't get suspended at all actually.

Service Change

Posted: 05/24/2018  7:10PM

Some southbound (A) and (C) trains are stopping along the (F) line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay St-MetroTechbecause of FDNY activity at High St.

Expect delays in (A) , (C) and (F) train service.  

Service Change

Posted: 05/24/2018  6:01PM

Southbound (B) trains are running express from 145 St to 125 St because of switch problems at 145 St.

Expect delays in (A) , (B)(C) and (D) train service.

10 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

The (B) Train didn't get suspended at all actually.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to run some (B) trains via Broadway to 96 st but they didn’t do that or suspend it . They thought the best thing was just to run some via the (A) and (F) line which is ok I guess until that fire came up at Avenue I. That must have been crazy turning 4 lines at Church Ave.Is that even possible ?

Edited by Abba

3 hours ago, Abba said:

That must have been crazy turning 4 lines at Church Ave.Is that even possible ?

Well, Church Avenue is designed sort of like Jamaica–179 Street. Express trains can turn back on the upper level and local trains can turn back on the lower level—all without interfering with each other.

1 hour ago, CenSin said:

Well, Church Avenue is designed sort of like Jamaica–179 Street. Express trains can turn back on the upper level and local trains can turn back on the lower level—all without interfering with each other.

What? Church Av is one level unless I'm extemely tired...

This service change will soon affect the (D) instead of the (F) , if local service isn't restored.

Service Change

Posted: 05/25/2018  8:14PM

Northbound (F) and (G) trains continue to run express from Church Av to Smith-9 Sts because of a person struck by a train at 15 St-Prospect Park. The person has been removed from the scene by emergency medical personnel and we are working to restore northbound local service as soon as possible.

Northbound (F) and (G) trains are bypassing Fort Hamilton Pkwy, 15 St-Prospect Park, 7 Av and 4 Av-9 St. Southbound (F) and (G) trains are making all stops.

Expect delays in (F) and (G) train service.