Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would (M) trains be sent via 63rd when the signal problem is still at 21st? C/R on my (F) said we were going via 53rd but we went normal route anyway. The train was inching through 21st St and the interlocking there. Shortly after I got the alert. 

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

48 minutes ago, RR503 said:

It’s possible, I guess, that they could only line 63rd to the local track?

The part I find entertaining is the fact that they talk about 57 as if it’s open...

Wasn't that, the train I was on went from the express track to 63rd st, the signal problem was in the 21st St station itself. 

4 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

Why would (M) trains be sent via 63rd when the signal problem is still at 21st? C/R on my (F) said we were going via 53rd but we went normal route anyway. The train was inching through 21st St and the interlocking there. Shortly after I got the alert. 

I was stuck on this mess. My (F) went via 53rd. I saw a track worker at 36th Int. I was in the first car near the cab and heard from the cab radio about this change as the train was crawling through Woodhaven. The C/O, who according to a Platform Conductor was a rookie didn't tell anyone until Roosevelt, and had trouble making the announcement.

Cue the snow related delays:

Service Change

There are service changes and delays because of switch problems at New Lots Av.

Some southbound (3) trains are stopping along the (1) line from Chambers St and end at South Ferry.

Some southbound (3) trains will end at Crown Hts-Utica Av.

What happens to any put-ins to/from Crown Heights & New Lots (2)(4)(5) ?

------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Southbound (N) and (Q) trains are running local from 34 St-Herald Sq to Canal St because of signal problems at 14 St-Union Sq.

Expect delays in (N) , (Q) , (R) and (W) train service.

There's very few (W) trains out there. Don't know if it's gonna be suspended or not.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

19 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Cue the snow related delays:

Service Change

There are service changes and delays because of switch problems at New Lots Av.

Some southbound (3) trains are stopping along the (1) line from Chambers St and end at South Ferry.

Some southbound (3) trains will end at Crown Hts-Utica Av.

What happens to any put-ins to/from Crown Heights & New Lots (2)(4)(5) ?

Service Change

Southbound (N) and (Q) trains are running local from 34 St-Herald Sq to Canal St because of signal problems at 14 St-Union Sq.

Expect delays in (N) , (Q) , (R) and (W) train service.

There's very few (W) trains out there. Don't know if it's gonna be suspended or not.

Update:

Service Change  Posted: 11/15/2018  4:04PM 

There are service changes and delays in (N) (Q)(R) and (W) train service because of signal problems at 14 St-Union Sq.

Southbound (N) and (Q) trains are running local from 34 St-Herald Sq to Canal St.

Some southbound (R) trains are stopping along the (F) line from 36 St (Qns) to W 4 St-Washington Sq then along the (D) line to DeKalb Av.

Expect delays in (F) (N)(Q)(R)(W) and  train service. 

Oh-oh. This may or may not evolve. If it does, I'll be caught in this:

Delays

Southbound (B) , (D) , (F) and (M) trains are running with delays because of signal problems at 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr.

Posted: 11/15/18 4:23 PM

-----------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Northbound (D) trains are running express from Bay Pkwy to 62 St because of a train with mechanical problems at 71 St.

For service to bypassed stations, use southbound (D) train service.

Service Change

Northbound <6> express trains are running local from 3 Av-138 St to Pelham Bay Park because of switch problems at Parkchester.

Expect delays in (6) and <6> express train service.

Based on Subway Time:

Some SB (N) trains are running via the (R) from 14 Street to Atlantic Avenue

Service Change

Some northbound (1) trains will end at 96 St or 145 St because of switch problems at Van Cortlandt Park-242 St.

Expect delays in (1) train service in both directions.

-----------------------------------------------------

5:30 PM Update

Broadway Line cannot catch a break:

Service Change

There are service changes and delays on the (N) , (Q) , (R) and (W) train service because of switch problems at Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

Some northbound (N) trains will end at 57 St-7 Av.

Some northbound (W) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av and end at 96 St.

Expect delays in (N) , (Q) , (R) , and (W) train service.

8 Avenue and Crosstown remain unscathed:

Service Change

There are service changes and delays on the (2) and (5) train service because of signal problems at 3 Av-149 St.

Some northbound (2) trains are stopping along the (1) line from 96 St and end at 137 St-City College.

Some northbound (2) trains will end at Harlem-148 St.

Some northbound (5) trains are stopping along the (4) line from 125 St and end at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Expect delays in (1) , (2) , (3) , (4) and (5) train service.

UPDATE:

Spoke too soon:

Service Change

Northbound (C) and (E) trains are running express from Canal St to 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal because someone requires medical assistance at 14 St.

Expect delays in (A) , (C) and (E) train service.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

I was stuck on this mess. My (F) went via 53rd. I saw a track worker at 36th Int. I was in the first car near the cab and heard from the cab radio about this change as the train was crawling through Woodhaven. The C/O, who according to a Platform Conductor was a rookie didn't tell anyone until Roosevelt, and had trouble making the announcement.

Service Change  Posted: 11/17/2018  9:24AM 

There are service changes in (E)(F) and (R) train service because of a train with mechanical problems at 75 Av. 

There is no northbound (E) and (F) train service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica Center/Jamaica-179 St. 

Some northbound (F) are ending at 21 St-Queensbridge. 

Some northbound (F) trains are running along the (Q) line from Lexington Av-63 St to 96 St.  

Some northbound (E) trains are running along the (C) line from 42 St-Port Authority/Bus Terminal to 145 St.  

Please see a station agent to for a courtesy pass for service on another train or bus.

As an alternative, customers can take the Q43, Q44 and Q60 buses and the (7) train for service between Manhattan and Queens.

1 hour ago, TrainFanInfinity said:

Service Change  Posted: 11/17/2018  9:24AM 

There are service changes in (E)(F) and (R) train service because of a train with mechanical problems at 75 Av. 

There is no northbound (E) and (F) train service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Jamaica Center/Jamaica-179 St. 

Some northbound (F) are ending at 21 St-Queensbridge. 

Some northbound (F) trains are running along the (Q) line from Lexington Av-63 St to 96 St.  

Some northbound (E) trains are running along the (C) line from 42 St-Port Authority/Bus Terminal to 145 St.  

Please see a station agent to for a courtesy pass for service on another train or bus.

As an alternative, customers can take the Q43, Q44 and Q60 buses and the (7) train for service between Manhattan and Queens.

Again? That's the second time today!

Whoops...

Service Change

There is no (A) and (S) train service in either direction south of Howard Beach-JFK because of signal problems at Broad Channel.

See a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing bus service.

Consider taking the Q52-SBS and Q22 buses which operate between Broad Channel and Far Rockaway Mott Av. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2kXSxCs

For service between Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St and Howard Beach-JFK, consider taking the nearby Q53-SBS bus. Here are directions:  http://bit.ly/2z9whQe

11 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Whoops...

Service Change

There is no (A) and (S) train service in either direction south of Howard Beach-JFK because of signal problems at Broad Channel.

See a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing bus service.

Consider taking the Q52-SBS and Q22 buses which operate between Broad Channel and Far Rockaway Mott Av. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2kXSxCs

For service between Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St and Howard Beach-JFK, consider taking the nearby Q53-SBS bus. Here are directions:  http://bit.ly/2z9whQe

It isn't the bridge this time!

Service Change  Posted: 11/19/2018  9:38AM 

Northbound (Q) trains are stopping along the (N) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr while FDNY responds to a track fire at Prospect Park.

Northbound (B) trains are stopping via the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr. Southbound (B) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from Brighton Beach Av to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Expect delays in (B) , (D) , (Q) and (N) train service.

Please see a station agent for a courtesy pass for service on another train or bus.

Consider taking the B49 or B68 buses, which make nearby station stops: bustime.mta.info

Based on Subway Time:

SB (Q) trains are running via the (N) from Canal to 36th, and via the (D) to Coney Island.

Service Change

Some northbound (F) trains are running express from B'Way-Lafayette St to 34 St-Herald Sq because of signal problems at W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Expect delays in northbound (B)(D)(F) and (M) train service.

Based on Subway Time:

Some NB (F) trains will run via the (G) between Bergen Street and Court Square, then over the (E) to Jackson Heights.

Service Change  Posted: 11/19/2018 11:42PM 

(2) and (3) trains have delays and service changes because a person was struck by a train at 116 St.

Southbound (2) trains are stopping along the (5) line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Bowling Green.

There is no (3) train service in both directions between 96 St and Harlem-148 St.

For service between 96 St and Harlem-148 St, customer may take the M7 bus for nearby stops.

Delays

(6) trains are holding in stations between 3 Av-138 St and Hunts Point Av in both directions because of an unauthorized person on the tracks at E 143 St-St Mary's St.

Posted: 11/20/18 6:38 PM

Delays

Southbound (6) trains are holding in stations between 125 St and Grand Central-42 St because of an unauthorized person on the tracks at 51 St.

Posted: 11/20/18 6:35 PM