Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Must be nice....

Service Change  Posted: 12/21/2015  4:26PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Parkside Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no southbound b.png and q.png service between DeKalb Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound b.png and q.png trains are running on the d.png and n.png lines from DeKalb Av to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

As an Alternative customers can take a northbound b.pngq.png train at Coney Island-Stillwell Av or switch to the B3, B6, B8, B8, B11, B16, B35, B41 or B82 bus.

Expect delays on the southbound d.png and n.png line.

Allow additional travel time.

It's too bad there isn't a switch at Atlantic or 7th Avenues so if needed the (B) and (Q) lines could terminate there. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on admit it.its either a minor derailment or switch problems.

They are resuming now.But this lasted for an hour and half.Dont tell me it was only a "train with mechanical problems"

Nope it was a train with mechanical problems I was in that mess. It's not the first nor the last time it will take over an hour to clear it.

Service Change Posted: 12/23/2015 12:45PM

Due to an incident in the E 180 St Yard, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no (2) trains between E 149 St or E 180 St and Wakefield-241 in both directions.

There are no (5) trains between E 180 St and Dyre Av in both directions.

Bronx-bound (2) trains are terminating at Times Sq-42 St, 96 St or 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Bronx-bound (5) trains are running on the (4) line from 125 St to 167 St and terminate.

As an alternate, customers can use Bx12-SBS, Bx26, Bx28, Bx38, Bx30, Bx39 or Bx41 buses.

EDIT:

Service Change Posted: 12/23/2015 12:53PM

Due to an incident in the E 180 St Yard, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no (5) trains between East 180 St and Dyre Av in both directions.

(2) trains are running with delays in both directions.

As an alternate, customers can use Bx12-SBS, Bx26, Bx28, Bx38, Bx30, Bx39 or Bx41 buses.

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

Due to a train with mechanical problems atVernon Blvd-Jackson Av, there is no (7) train service between 34 St-Hudson Yards andHunters Point Av.

Some 34 St-bound  trains terminate atQueensboro Plaza.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take the (E)(F)  or (R) trains to/from Manhattan.

This is looking bad hope it's not a minor derailment this has been going on for an hour lots of stalled trains on the (7) lately.

Service Change  Posted: 12/30/2015  2:18PM 

Due to signal problems at 14 St, some southbound M Subway trains are running on the E Subway line from 5 Av-53 St to W 4-Washington Sq.

Southbound F Subway trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 12/30/2015  2:18PM 

Due to ongoing switch problems at 21 St-Queensbridge, F Subway trains are running with delays in both directions.  

That has been going on since this morning, the (F) I was on was sent via the (G) line and we were notified at Roosevelt, everyone got off and packed into the next (E).

Service Change  Posted: 12/31/2015  3:35PM 

Due to signal problems at Queens Plaza, the following service changes are in effect:

E Subway, F Subway, M Subway and R Subway trains are running with delays in both directions.

E Subway trains are running local between Queens Plaza and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av in both directions.

Some northbound F Subway trains are running on the M Subway line from 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

There is no M Subway service between Delancey St-Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 12/31/2015  4:17PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems on the Williamsburg Br, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no j.png train service between Broad St and Marcy Av in both directions.

There is no m.png train service between Delancey St-Essex St and Marcy Av in both directions.

Some 71 Av-bound m.png trains terminate at Myrtle Av.

Service Change  Posted: 12/31/2015  4:15PM 

Due to a switch problem at Franklin Av, the following service changes are in effect:

2.png3.png4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some southbound 2.png trains terminate at Times Sq-42 St.

Some northbound 3.png trains are running express from Crown Hts-Utica Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Some southbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running on the 1.png line from Chambers St to South Ferry and terminate.

Northbound 5.png trains are running local from Franklin Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Some southbound 5.png trains terminate at Bowling Green.

Allow additional travel time

Service Change  Posted: 12/31/2015  4:16PM 

Due to signal problems at Queens Plaza, the following service changes are in effect:

e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

e.png trains are running local between Queens Plaza and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av in both directions.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the m.png line from 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

There is no m.png service between Delancey St-Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 12/31/2015  4:35PM 

Due to signal problems at Junction Blvd, the following service changes are in effect:

Hudson Yards-bound 7.png trains are running with delays.

Some Hudson Yards-bound 7.png trains are running express from Mets-Willets Point to 61 St-Woodside.

Allow additional travel time

So not the best day, hm

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Lol?

Delays  Posted: 01/02/2016 10:57AM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Inwood-207 St, both directions a.png trains are running delays.

Delays  Posted: 01/02/2016 10:28AM 

Due to a loss of power at Forest Hills-71 Ave.pngf.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 01/05/2016  3:16PM 

Due to rail conditions at Queensboro Plaza and 5 Av-59 St, the following service changes and delays are in effect:

There is not n.png train service between Times Square-42 St and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

There is no q.png train service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

Southbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 36 St (QNS) to W 4 St-Washington Square and then on the d.png line toDeKalb Av.

Expect delays on b.pngd.pngf.pngn.pngq.png and r.png train service in both directions.

Shuttle train service is being provided between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

As an alternate, customers may use the e.png or 7.png trains for service to/from Manhattan.  

Allow additonal travel time.

My E ran on the local track from QP to 71 Avenue, running express on the local track from Roosevelt to 71. After 71 it switched to the express track. Initially my E was supposed to stop at 75th, and the C/O announced that, but it was changed. At 71, and E pulled in on the express track opposite my E on the local, and many passengers on my train switched to the other train. In retrospect, it was stupid as my train came to Union Tpke first. What a mess. There was no communication at all, so the people on the train, and the C/O didn't know what was going on so that once people found out they came in and out of the train as the doors were closing delaying service even more.

There needs to be better communication.

What is going on with the MTA today?

As was said before, cold that drastic (and that sudden) can have a hard effect on the rails. BMT broadway line had 2, both in 2-track territory.

Meanwhile, it was brief, but the IRT broadway line was sent screwy during the evening commute by a heavily intoxicated person "rolling around on the platform" at 96 st. As he went from express side to local side of the platform the delays rippled across both lines. Funny to listen to though.

My E ran on the local track from QP to 71 Avenue, running express on the local track from Roosevelt to 71. After 71 it switched to the express track. Initially my E was supposed to stop at 75th, and the C/O announced that, but it was changed. At 71, and E pulled in on the express track opposite my E on the local, and many passengers on my train switched to the other train. In retrospect, it was stupid as my train came to Union Tpke first. What a mess. There was no communication at all, so the people on the train, and the C/O didn't know what was going on so that once people found out they came in and out of the train as the doors were closing delaying service even more.[/size]

There needs to be better communication.[/size]

Ripple effects from the BMT broadway line incident. Remember, Roosevelt Ave is a seperate tower from 71st ave, and Union Turnpike has it's own tower too - but I don't know how often it's staffed. In any case, I think what you have here is a case where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. When there's an incident that has a tower scrambling to divert service, sometimes it's just not feasible to explain the minutia behind the rationale of their decisions to the next tower. Tower A tells the train they're gonna do X then Y, but when the train does X and gets into Tower B's territory, tower B tells them to skip straight to Z. It happens. One of the benefits of CBTC will be at least we don't have that issue, (although we'll just have to deal with everything coming to a screeching halt every time the computer burps)

In terms of everyone hauling-ass from the local track to the express track, it's a psychological thing. Everyone wants to be in the "fast lane" At queens plaza people even run over from the R to the M if they come in at the same time thinking the M will leave first, even know they know it's also a Local. (I'm the only jackass who looks at the lineup on the signals and knows which one's really the leader. Unless QBMT takes it away at the last second as they're want to do)

As was said before, cold that drastic (and that sudden) can have a hard effect on the rails. BMT broadway line had 2, both in 2-track territory.

Meanwhile, it was brief, but the IRT broadway line was sent screwy during the evening commute by a heavily intoxicated person "rolling around on the platform" at 96 st. As he went from express side to local side of the platform the delays rippled across both lines. Funny to listen to though.

Ripple effects from the BMT broadway line incident. Remember, Roosevelt Ave is a seperate tower from 71st ave, and Union Turnpike has it's own tower too - but I don't know how often it's staffed. In any case, I think what you have here is a case where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. When there's an incident that has a tower scrambling to divert service, sometimes it's just not feasible to explain the minutia behind the rationale of their decisions to the next tower. Tower A tells the train they're gonna do X then Y, but when the train does X and gets into Tower B's territory, tower B tells them to skip straight to Z. It happens. One of the benefits of CBTC will be at least we don't have that issue, (although we'll just have to deal with everything coming to a screeching halt every time the computer burps)

In terms of everyone hauling-ass from the local track to the express track, it's a psychological thing. Everyone wants to be in the "fast lane" At queens plaza people even run over from the R to the M if they come in at the same time thinking the M will leave first, even know they know it's also a Local. (I'm the only jackass who looks at the lineup on the signals and knows which one's really the leader. Unless QBMT takes it away at the last second as they're want to do)

I look at the lineup as well, but sometimes both tracks have a red signal. So you have to see which one changes first and run for it. 

Even though they're both going local, you have to wait for the train in front to go, and then possibly be delayed because of signals and "train traffic" AND you have to deal with the delay clearing out the train at 71st Ave. AND those couple of mins could be the difference between missing and catching a bus (same goes with the express trains)

There were times I went to Queens Center mall and while getting on the local to go toward Forest Hills/ Jamaica the trains are held because of "train traffic" terminating at 71st Ave, meanwhile several express trains zipped by. And sometimes the (E) or (F) that you want to catch is pulling out as the (M) or (R) finally gets into 71tst Ave, it's extremely irritating. And while the thought is "oh there is a train a few min's away" that is not always the case, many times stuff like that happens right before delays and now you have to wait forever for the next train to show up. 

Missing a train or bus, or slight delays can cause cascading delays for passengers as they have to transfer to other trains and buses, etc.

I look at the lineup as well, but sometimes both tracks have a red signal. So you have to see which one changes first and run for it.

Even though they're both going local, you have to wait for the train in front to go, and then possibly be delayed because of signals and "train traffic" AND you have to deal with the delay clearing out the train at 71st Ave. AND those couple of mins could be the difference between missing and catching a bus (same goes with the express trains)

There were times I went to Queens Center mall and while getting on the local to go toward Forest Hills/ Jamaica the trains are held because of "train traffic" terminating at 71st Ave, meanwhile several express trains zipped by. And sometimes the (E) or (F) that you want to catch is pulling out as the (M) or (R) finally gets into 71tst Ave, it's extremely irritating. And while the thought is "oh there is a train a few min's away" that is not always the case, many times stuff like that happens right before delays and now you have to wait forever for the next train to show up.

Missing a train or bus, or slight delays can cause cascading delays for passengers as they have to transfer to other trains and buses, etc.

This then goes back to the main point...

You hold train A in the station so the terminating train can make a connection, then train B gets delayed waiting for train to leave, then train C gets held up waiting for train B. Its a domino effect, and not all trains can be held for connections, especially on a busy corridor like Queens Blvd. You sneeze the wrong way, and the whole corridor goes to shit lol

NYPD activity at Saratoga Avenue on the (3) isn't particularly post-worthy, but this is:

Due to signal problems at 14 St-Union Square, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse. 

NYPD activity at Saratoga Avenue on the (3) isn't particularly post-worthy, but this is:

The (5) running via the (2) isn't that much post-worthy either, but whatever floats your boat...

Seen the ESU trucks fly down Rockaway sms turned under Livonia...I was wondering where they were heading to