Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so the last three weeks there's been constant unannounced slowdowns on the (1) north of 96th Street during the mid-day.  Lot of guys in orange vests so it's obviously maintenance-related.  Here's the problem: not only is it un-announced, the train basically crawls at about 15 mph for long stretches all the way between 242nd and 96th Street.  What sort of G.O. is this? Anyone know what's going on?

Something happened on the (1) earlier this afternoon at about 7. They said multiple train failures at 145 St (I kid you not) so they had trains north of there turning back at 168 St, dunno where they were turning them south of that point. They sent my (3) local all the way down to Chambers St...then ended up getting delayed again lol

We sat a couple of signals north of 72 St, the closest signal, the next 2 homeballs, and the signal outside the station were all red, yet the signal in the station was yellow. In that timeframe of us sitting there, we was passed by the (2) behind us on the express track...then the (3) behind that.

Due to signal problems at 7 Av (Manh), the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound E Subway trains are running on the F Subway line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound M Subway trains are running on the F Subway line from 47-50 Sts Rockefeller Ctr to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays on northbound F Subway trains.

Allow additional travel time.

What does 7th Ave have to do with the (M) ?

What does 7th Ave have to do with the (M) ?

Maybe they're referring to the signal that protects the switch from the NB 6th Avenue Line to the EB 53rd Street Line. (And if it's serious enough that they need to get personnel to the area to fix it, it might need to be shut down for their safety so they can test it). 

That's my guess anyway.

Due to a tree on the roadbed at Woodlawn, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound trains are terminating at Burnside Av or Kingsbridge Rd.

There is no service between Kingsbridge Rd and Woodlawn.

As an alternative customers can use the BX32, BX28 and BX10.

Oh dear...

Due to a tree on the roadbed at Woodlawn, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound trains are terminating at Burnside Av or Kingsbridge Rd.

There is no service between Kingsbridge Rd and Woodlawn.

As an alternative customers can use the BX32, BX28 and BX10.

Oh dear...

I got stuck in this mess! :angry:  :angry:

I was stuck in this mess. My train took 20 minutes to get to Roosevelt from Union Turnpike and our train was held in Roosevelt and the C/O told us to take the (7) train as the train wouldn't be moving. I was lucky as if I was on the (E) before or after the one I was on, I would be stuck in the tunnel. The platform was extremely overcrowded. It took several minutes to get up a staircase that usually took one minute. I then took the (7) to QBP and on the way there it was completely packed, with passengers being stranded at stations along the way. I was leaning against five or six people at a time.

Delays  Posted: 04/05/2016  4:48PM 

Due to a rail condition at Fulton St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound a.png and c.png trains are running on the f.png line from W4 St-Washington Square to Jay St-Metrotech.

Expect delays in a.pngc.pngf.png and m.png train service in both directions.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing how many people at Fulton St trying to go to Brooklyn were utterly confused.  :o

UM

Service Change  Posted: 04/05/2016  6:34PM 

Due to signal problems at Bergen St, the following service changes and delays are in effect:

There is no f.png train service between 2 Av and 4 Av-9 St in both directions.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to W 4 St-Washington Square.

There is no g.png train service between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Church Av in both directions.

There is no a.png train service between W 4 St-Washington Square and Euclid Av in both directions.

There is no c.png train service in both directions.

a.pngc.pngd.pngf.png and g.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Sounds more like a tower (maybe a power) problem than a random track/switch/signal problem.

Whatever tower controls the Jay Street/Bergen Street/Hoyt-Schermerhorn area must have completely went down, which is about the worst that can happen if that's the case. Those interns probably just cherry picked a random station in the area and pinned all the problems there.

Edited by paulrivera