Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 09/10/2012 10:51PM

Due to a train with mechanical problem at the Inwood-207 Street Station, uptown (A) train service are running express from the 190 Street Station to the Inwood-207 Street Station.

Please expect delay in (A)train service at this time.

This dosent make sense does it

EDIT:it looks like its actually true as there are express tracks at Dyckman street.There is Probobaly a train stuck there.

The "express tracks" at Dyckman are yard leads to/from the yard. South of the station the merge with the mainline tracks and north of the station they go to the yard.

Its common to see trains parked on the express tracks as they are mainly rush hour extras (or an occasional (C) train if you're lucky late nights)

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think what they did was make the (A) train switch over to the express track and keep switching over till they get to the downtown side. if you look at the track map, the first one get you onto the express track, then next one move over one, the last set of switches mover one more which is the track for downtown.

Service Change Posted: 09/13/2012 9:34PM

Due to a rail condition at Grand Av-Newtown Station:

Middle Village-bound m.png trains are running express between 71 Av and Roosevelt Av.

Bay Ridge-bound r.png trains are running express between 71 Av and Roosevelt Av.

Please expect delays in m.png and r.png train service at this time.

Service Change Posted: 09/13/2012 9:34PM

Due to a rail condition at Grand Av-Newtown Station:

Middle Village-bound m.png trains are running express between 71 Av and Roosevelt Av.

Bay Ridge-bound r.png trains are running express between 71 Av and Roosevelt Av.

Please expect delays in m.png and r.png train service at this time.

It was interesting because on the way home I saw an R46 S/B at the Woodhaven Boulevard Station. On the south end, the Train Operator did not have his/her running lights on - instead, the red lights were on. Also, the side LED sign said "Not In Service", which was very interesting.

Due to a police investigation:

7.png train service is bypassing the 52 Street Station in both directions.

Flushing-bound 7.png trains are running express between the Queensboro Plaza Station and 74 Street Station.

Please expect delays on the 7.png trains at this time.

A few minutes ago, (7) trains were suspended from Manhattan, I know so because I heard it on the speaker while on the (C) train back home.

Flushing-bound 7.png trains are running express between the Queensboro Plaza Station and 74 Street Station.

A few minutes ago, (7) trains were suspended from Manhattan, I know so because I heard it on the speaker while on the (C) train back home.

Line closed at 2PM, LIRR cross honored for a while before service was restored at 3PM.

Some lady on my (N) said someone died. Guess it's a 12-9. C/O told them to exit the train.

So was anyone lucky enough to catch one of those 1 or 3 trains that got rerouted up the east side and then to 180 or 241???

You all need to stop assuming that every police investigation is a 12-9. This one was a 12-10.....somebody got arrested at Christopher St, and while still handcuffed took off into the tunnel! Power had to be turned off on all 4 tracks while they chased him down.

I'm refering to the west side incident above. I don't know what happened on the 7train today, but don't assume it's a 12-91 without actual proof.

Speaking of 7th Av FUBARs, did anybody experience one yesterday? I passed through at an interesting time.

Heading home on the 1. We're delayed the whole trip from 137th to 96th, and between 103rd and 96th especially, because of what I wondered if and later found out was a 2 train sent to the local track, There's a 2 sitting in 96th St on the express track, it gets crowded like normal. There's a 3 train not far in front of it outside the station. Transfer to 2, the 2 conductor says there's a 'broken rail', and everybody packs back onto the 1. 1 is now super-crush-loaded, ass-to-belly-button [to quote my father] crowded. Against my better judgement, I head with my friend on the sardine can 1. 1 leaves, we pass the 3 which is empty and looks taken out of service. On the way to 72nd, the empty 3 passes us, and after that the 2 from before passes us, now almost empty since everyone went on the 1. Needless to say, people were not happy. Bonus points because the 2 left 72nd right as we came in. Eventually, things pretty much went back to normal, and we went in front of the 2 on the local track.

Kinda odd that I apparently arrived just in time for the fixing of a broken rail. If that wasn't what actually caused the delay, that would be a pretty strange cover.

Edited by Mysterious2train

Speaking of 7th Av FUBARs, did anybody experience one yesterday? I passed through at an interesting time.

Heading home on the 1. We're delayed the whole trip from 137th to 96th, and between 103rd and 96th especially, because of what I wondered if and later found out was a 2 train sent to the local track, There's a 2 sitting in 96th St on the express track, it gets crowded like normal. There's a 3 train not far in front of it outside the station. Transfer to 2, the 2 conductor says there's a 'broken rail', and everybody packs back onto the 1. 1 is now super-crush-loaded, ass-to-belly-button [to quote my father] crowded. Against my better judgement, I head with my friend on the sardine can 1. 1 leaves, we pass the 3 which is empty and looks taken out of service. On the way to 72nd, the empty 3 passes us, and after that the 2 from before passes us, now almost empty since everyone went on the 1. Needless to say, people were not happy. Bonus points because the 2 left 72nd right as we came in. Eventually, things pretty much went back to normal, and we went in front of the 2 on the local track.

Kinda odd that I apparently arrived just in time for the fixing of a broken rail. If that wasn't what actually caused the delay, that would be a pretty strange cover.

I took the (2) at 96th Street, and basically it stopped a bit before 72nd street, and then it switched to the local track. There was a (2) right in the express track, and my (2) went local. I got off at Times Square, so I don't know what happened next.

I've seen worse. In fact, I've saw worse just that DAY! An idiot at Union Square doesn't want to trust the countdown clocks and leans over to see when the 4 train is coming. Yep, it came. At least he got to keep HALF his face.....

You're giving him too much credit. He most likely never even looked at the countdown clock. I see it all the time. Those things are a waste of money.

Due to police activity at the Broad Street Station, there is no j.png train service in both directions between the Fulton Street Station and the Broad Street Station.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take the the 2.png or 3.png train to the Wall Street Station or the 4.png or 5.png train to the Bowling Green Station.

Please expect delays on the j.png train service at this time.

I'm assuming it has to do with OWS.