Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Don't look at me I didn't do that.

There was no typo...

The website post 3 minutes before he posted it here.

No, there was a typo, I was gonna post it myself but then I saw Javier already posted it. I wasn't calling you a liar anyway, Javier... I was just pointing out ANOTHER typo the MTA made themselves.

On another note, why are there so many typos on the service changes these days? Do people not proofread before they publish those?

Edited by r142a 7795

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say it's a rush to get these published on the site more than anything else. Of course, we don't know how the writer(s) receive the information in the first place. What they get could be just as wrong and they're just typing what they hear/read. Not an excuse by any means; just a possible reason.

What I notice is that there is a pattern and a lot of members have picked it up. There are many days where there are a significant amount of delays on the buses and subways but the number of posts to this board are few. and far between Then we have the opposite occuring where there are a few delays and this thread suddenly has many more posts on the subject as compared with busier days. In my own reading of MTA  info and the forum many times a day especially if I am riding the subway that day, this is what I have noticed and it has been going on for some time now. 

Everyone understands the importance of providing information to the public in a timely manner but providing information that is incorrect to the public is totally wrong. It is better to take the extra minute or two to read and re-read what is being disseminated to make sure it is correct then to issue something where there are significant errors. It is painfully obvious that either the one writing or the one sending out the information does not know the system as there seems to be a high number of posts on this thread when the one who is disseminating this information gives out information that is incorrect. All of us want MTA info to provide correct bus and subway information. What  I am saying is that the number of errors being reported in the MTA reporting should not be as high as we read on this forum and that something should be done about it     

Service Change  Posted: 06/26/2016  4:19PM 

Due to an investigation of an unauthorized person on the tracks at 34 St-Penn Station, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running on the c.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to 168 St.

Northbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to Bedford Park Blvd.

Expect delays in northbound a.pngc.pngd.pnge.png and f.png train service.

Allow additonal travel time.

THIS IS SO RARE!!!!

Service Change  Posted: 06/26/2016  4:19PM 

Due to an investigation of an unauthorized person on the tracks at 34 St-Penn Station, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running on the c.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to 168 St.

Northbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to Bedford Park Blvd.

Expect delays in northbound a.pngc.pngd.pnge.png and f.png train service.

THIS IS SO RARE!!!!

Just saw that been seeing alot of advisories with Unauthorized entries to the tracks.  Is this something they just started reporting?

Service Change Posted: 06/26/2016 4:19PM

Due to an investigation of an unauthorized person on the tracks at 34 St-Penn Station, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running on the c.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to 168 St.

Northbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to Bedford Park Blvd.

Expect delays in northbound a.png, c.png, d.png, e.png and f.png train service.

THIS IS SO RARE!!!!

I saw this come over the alerts today.

How does this service pattern even make sense? The E isn't even stopping at Penn. Unless they meant Herald Square, but then the D would have to be rerouted too because it's running local n/b.

Service Change Posted: 06/26/2016 4:19PM

Due to an investigation of an unauthorized person on the tracks at 34 St-Penn Station, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running on the c.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to 168 St.

Northbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to Bedford Park Blvd.

Expect delays in northbound a.png, c.png, d.png, e.png and f.png train service.

THIS IS SO RARE!!!!

Please tell me someone caught that...

Oh, summer.

Service Change  Posted: 06/27/2016  4:06PM

Due to loss of power at Kingsbridge Rd, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 4.png train service between Woodlawn and Kingsbridge Rd

Some Northbound 4.png trains are terminating at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Some northbound 4.png trains are terminating at Burnside Av.

Northbound d.png trains are running local from 145 St to Fordham Rd.

Expect delays both directions 

Allow additional travel time.

B Division

Service Change  Posted: 06/27/2016  4:09PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Broadway Junction, northbound a.png trains are running local from Euclid Av to Broadway Junction.

Delays  Posted: 06/27/2016  2:00PM

Due to signal at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, southbound e.png and f.png trains are running with delays.

There's about 3-5 a week on average. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

This is why we need to invest in mental healthcare. Too many people out here are killing themselves and others because they are depressed or just not right up there.

Just my two cents. Carry on or reply as you please.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

unusual situation for the first time i seen this post

MTA Service Status

Delays  Posted: 07/03/2016  8:01AM 

Due to track maintenance at Queensboro Plaza, n.png trains are running a single track operation causing delays.

Trains stop on the Manhattan bound lower level platform in both directions.

MTA Service Status

Due to track maintenance at Queensboro Plaza, n.png trains are running a single track operation causing delays.

Well, at some point a track at Queensboro Plaza itself as to be taken out of service for maintenance. Usually, service outages cause trains to terminate at Queensboro Plaza itself, putting it to heavier use than surrounding tracks which get some rest for maintenance from time to time.

MTA Service Status

Not the first time this has happened. In fact they had past Weekend G.Os where all the (N) Trains would arrive/depart from the Lower Level or Upper Level.

Due to a signa malfunction, all Queens bound (A) trains are terminating at Jay Street - Metrotech. I just found that out the hard way.... Smh.

Interesting. In theory what would the effect of Queens bound (A) 's terminating at Jay have on the entire route? Would the Queens bound trains terminate on the Brooklyn side wait for the next Manhattan bound train to leave then pull out or would the Q/B (A) use the cross and pull in on the Manhattan side?