Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats normally a reroute I do when I'm playing Trainz 12. Once I had a glitched train at 23rd St on the (F) that stopped all of the AI's along 6th Avenue, so what I did was resign all the (C) trains into (A) trains, and then set them express, then sent up all the (F) trains via 8th Avenue after West 8th St. Had some go up to 168th St, 207th St or Bedford Park to not clog up the tubes.

First time seeing this. Any details?

Due to a platform safety condition at Union St, northbound (R) trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

The (M) took me to Penn Station today around 5:30pm. I was like "Hold up why is the (M) here?"

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Uptown or downtown? I was at Penn around that time when that (F) showed up

So would anyone know why there was a downtown (N) train at 34 Street-Herald Square on the southbound 6th Avenue express track, this morning around 9:20 AM?

I would have gotten a picture but there was my (D) train in the way.

Maybe due to a train with mechanical problems on the manhattan bridge Broadway side

I saw a few uptown (N) and (Q) going via 6 Avenue and the north side of the Manhattan Bridge, something happened on the south side that made them reroute. Where do they even go to terminate? I heard at West 4th Street that one of the (Q) trains was going on the (F) line to 21st Street Queensbridge, but I didn't hear about any of the rest.

Also this morning there was a stalled train at Jay Street-Metrotech which made some southbound (F) trains terminate at 2nd Avenue and some go over the (D) line to Coney Island. I saw those (N) and (Q) trains while I was on one of those rerouted (F)'s.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

I saw a few uptown (N) and (Q) going via 6 Avenue and the north side of the Manhattan Bridge, something happened on the south side that made them reroute. Where do they even go to terminate? I heard at West 4th Street that one of the (Q) trains was going on the (F) line to 21st Street Queensbridge, but I didn't hear about any of the rest.

Usually, they terminate at 57 Street, 21 St-Queensbridge or Forest Hills, depending on traffic conditions at the time.

Why not switch at West 4 Street–Washington Square? The (F) doesn’t have to bypass all of 6 Avenue.

Not sure. Maybe congestion? I got on a queens bound (E) at Penn, the (F) arrived at the same time on the exp track, and I switched at 42nd when they let the (F) go first.

The (F) probably went via the (A) from Jay St if it was on the express tracks

http://n.v12.net/m?58924

Due to track maintenance between Forest Hills-71 Av and Queens Plaza, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound N and R trains are running with delays.

Some southbound N trains are running on the R line from Canal St to DeKalb Av.

Allow additional travel time.

10/2/16 8:40 AM

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger