Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 12/10/2016  8:48PM 

Due to an unauthorized person on the tracks at 39 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Threre are no n.png trains are running between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

As an alternative, passengers can use Q69, Q100, Q101 and Q102 bus service stopping at nearby station stops.

Allow additional travel time.

Delays  Posted: 12/10/2016  8:11PM 

Due to ongoing signal problems at Canal St, southbound q.png trains are running local from 57 St-7 Av to Canal St.

Expect extensive delays in n.pngq.pngr.png train service.

Now southbound (Q) trains are running local, too... why did they close such a large portion of the (N) off just because of an unauthorized person?

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to an unauthorized person on the tracks at 39 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Threre are no n.png trains are running between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

As an alternative, passengers can use Q69, Q100, Q101 and Q102 bus service stopping at nearby station stops.

Due to ongoing signal problems at Canal St, southbound q.png trains are running local from 57 St-7 Av to Canal St.

Now southbound (Q) trains are running local, too... why did they close such a large portion of the (N) off just because of an unauthorized person?

I'm guessing that they don't want to turn trains around at Queensboro Plaza for whatever reason...

Very bad day for the Broadway routes yesterday

I saw two (N) trains at 34 Street–Herald Square: one on the express track and one on the local track. I missed the one on the express track and got on the one on the local track, which went express to 14 Street–Union Square. At that station, I transferred to the (N) on the express track which was being held up by the huge number of people on the platform and in the train. I don’t know what happened to the (N) train on the local track thereafter, but it skipped 8 Street–NYU at the very least.

I saw two (N) trains at 34 Street–Herald Square: one on the express track and one on the local track. I missed the one on the express track and got on the one on the local track, which went express to 14 Street–Union Square. At that station, I transferred to the (N) on the express track which was being held up by the huge number of people on the platform and in the train. I don’t know what happened to the (N) train on the local track thereafter, but it skipped 8 Street–NYU at the very least.

So which train got ahead at the end? The train on the express track or the train on the local track?

I'd be curious to see if the one on the express track was a put-in from 57th Street, and the one on the local track was a late (or on-time with the 57th Street train being late) train from Astoria. 

So which train got ahead at the end? The train on the express track or the train on the local track?

I'd be curious to see if the one on the express track was a put-in from 57th Street, and the one on the local track was a late (or on-time with the 57th Street train being late) train from Astoria.

I was on the express train after transferring from the local train. I got there first obviously.

Service Change  Posted: 12/16/2016  7:36PM 

Due to signal problems at Kings Highway, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from West 4 St-Washington Square to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound f.png trains terminate at Church Av.

Some southbound f.png trains terminate at Kings Highway.

Expect delays in b.pngd.pngf.pngg.pngn.png and q.png train service in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 12/16/2016  7:36PM 

Due to signal problems at Kings Highway, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from West 4 St-Washington Square to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound f.png trains terminate at Church Av.

Some southbound f.png trains terminate at Kings Highway.

Expect delays in b.pngd.pngf.pngg.pngn.png and q.png train service in both directions.

A testament to the weight of the (F). It runs at such a high frequency that diversions interrupt even the (Q), which shares no tracks with rerouted (F) trains.

Service Change Posted: 12/17/2016 7:32AM

Due to the opening of the South Channel Bridge, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (A) Subway train service between Howard Beach-JFK Airport and Far Rockaway-Mott Av in both directions

There is no (S) Subway train service between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St in both directions.

Shuttle bus service is available in both directions between Rockaway Blvd and Beach 90 St. Customers may find Shuttle buses at the south end of the station exit at Rockaway Blvd.

Shuttle train service is available between Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St and Far Rockaway Mott Av in both directions.

As an additional alternative customers may use the Q22, Q53 or Q113 bus service making nearby station stops.

Welp, The snow hasn't stopped yet, and it's reasonable for the Rockaways to close easily.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Due to a sick passenger at Astor Pl, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound 6.png trains are running express from 14 St-Union Sq to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Expect delays on southbound 4.png5.png and 6.png trains.

Due to a sick passenger at Astor Pl, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound 6.png trains are running express from 14 St-Union Sq to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Expect delays on southbound 4.png5.png and 6.png trains.

Due to a loss of power at 53 St-7 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound D trains are running on the R line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to Whitehall St and terminate.

Sorthbound E trains are running on the F line from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av to 21 St-Queensbridge and terminate.

Southbound F trains terminate at 21 St-Queensbridge.

There is no service on the E line from World Trade Center to Queens Plaza.

There is no service on the F line between 21 St-Queensbridge and West 4 St-Washington Square.

As an alternative, use N Q R train service for service between Queens and Manhattan, as well as nearby 6 Av stations in Manhattan.

Expect delays in and A C E F N Q R trains service in both directions.

My question is how far does the electric outage extend? The whole 6 Av? The whole 53 St Line? 63 St Line?

Edited by Mtatransit

It is a substation fire at 53rd and 7th according to FDNY

MAN ALL HANDS 126 W 53RD ST, FIRE IN TRANSIT SUB-STATION

The Latest:

Service Change

Service Change Posted: 12/25/2016 11:09PM

Due to a loss of power at 7 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound D trains are running on the R line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to Whitehall St and terminate.

Northbound E trains are running on the C line from 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal to 168 St.

Sorthbound E trains are running on the F line from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av to 21 St-Queensbridge and terminate.

Southbound F trains terminate at 21 St-Queensbridge.

Some F tains are running on the E line between Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av and Queens Plaza then over the G line between Bergen St and Court Square in both directions.

There is no service on the E line from World Trade Center to Queens Plaza.

There is no service on the F line between 21 St-Queensbridge and West 4 St-Washington Square.

As an alternative, use N Q R train service for service between Queens and Manhattan, as well as nearby 6 Av stations in Manhattan.

Expect delays in A C D E F G N Q and R trains service in both directions.

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

Why not send the E down broadway to Whitehall?  Makes way more sense then that weird service pattern.  The D Can not crossover at West 4th I believe, do not quote me.  They do not have access to the Bridge, because during fast track, the D Will have to go to 2nd Avenue and run in 2 sections.  They do not both line up.  

In addition the E Down Broadway just makes more sense then from 42nd Port Authority to 168th Street, plus now they have an unauthorized person on the tracks at 163rd Street.  It gets the E out of the way.  

In addition send the F on the G for all trains instead of this just a few.  People at 21st Street Queensbridge can walk over to Queens Plaza or take the bus its not that far.  Then reroute the A in one direction on the F like they do during major service changes.  

Send the D up broadway to 57th and 7th as alternative service to help with the crowding.  The D Can run express.  

Edited by eaw3c1

Why not send the E down broadway to Whitehall?  Makes way more sense then that weird service pattern.  The D Can not crossover at West 4th I believe, do not quote me.  They do not have access to the Bridge, because during fast track, the D Will have to go to 2nd Avenue and run in 2 sections.  They do not both line up.

since the D is using Whitehall I don't believe they can fit the E. But they could however end it at Canal and then turn it at City Hall but I guess they wanted to preserve some service on 8 Ave

Service Change  Posted: 12/25/2016 11:44PM 

Due to a loss of power at 7 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound d.png trains terminate at Atlantic Av-Barclays Center.

Southbound d.png trains are running on the a.png line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to World Trade Center e.png station.

e.png trains are running on the r.png line from Queens Plaza to Whitehall St in both directions and terminate.

f.png tains are running on the e.png line between Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av and Queens Plaza then over the g.png line between Bergen St and Court Square in both directions.

There is no service on the e.png line between World Trade Center and Queens Plaza in both directions.

There is no service on the f.png line between 21 St-Queensbridge and Jay St-MetroTech in both directions..

As an alternative, use 7.png and n.png train service for service between Queens and Manhattan, as well as nearby 6 Av stations in Manhattan.

Expect delays in a.pngc.pngd.pnge.pngf.pngg.pngn.png and  q.png trains service in both directions.