Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It goes back way further than that- the (brownM) has not seen R32s since about 1982.

I'm about as opposite of a foamer as you can get, but an R32 on the (brownM) has been like the holy grail since I was a kid.  If that had been the West End Line, some people would probably be getting coronaries LOL...

"This is tremendous folks, it really is."  

An GOH R32 poped up on the (M) twice once right after GOH and once in 2001 post 9/11.

That's not surprising given how messed up the subway was in the aftermath. With the extended lengths of the (J) and  (brownM), there was a serious need for additional cars. Also, if I recall correctly, didn't the (N) use 32s at that time?

That's not surprising given how messed up the subway was in the aftermath. With the extended lengths of the (J) and  (brownM), there was a serious need for additional cars. Also, if I recall correctly, didn't the (N) use 32s at that time?

If i can recall the  (N) was using like four types....R32,R40 slant,R68,and R42's...

Service Change   Posted: 01/11/2017  1:40PM  

Due to an unauthorized person on the tracks at 86 St (Bklyn), the following service changes are in effect:

There is no r.png train service in both directions between Bay Ridge-95 St and 59 St (Bklyn).

Some southbound r.png trains are running on the n.png line from 59 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

As an alternative, customers can take the n.png train, B37 or the B63 bus making nearby station stops., 

Allow additional travel time.

There's a sick passenger causing congestion. At 2:48 PM from the 34 Street–Herald Square platform, I saw a (Q) stuck in the tunnel going southbound. I got on a (W) and between 23 Street and 14 Street–Union Square, there was an (N). At 14 Street–Union Square, there was a (Q) dwelling there with doors opened. There was an (N) approaching Prince Street slowly south of that, and after Prince Street, I also saw a (Q) stalled on the ramp going down to Canal Street lower level.

The (B) was sent to bed early tonight through no fault of its own. The (C) might have to go to sleep early too.

Service Change  Posted: 01/19/2017  9:30PM 

Due to a water condition at 163 St-Amsterdam Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no a.png or c.png train service between 145 St and 168 St in both directions.

There is no b.png train service between 145 St and Brighton Beach in both directions.

The (B) was sent to bed early tonight through no fault of its own. The (C) might have to go to sleep early too.

Service Change Posted: 01/19/2017 9:30PM

Due to a water condition at 163 St-Amsterdam Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no a.png or c.png train service between 145 St and 168 St in both directions.

There is no b.png train service between 145 St and Brighton Beach in both directions.

It's still going on....

Posted: 01/20/2017 4:07AM

Due to a water condition at 163 St-Amsterdam Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (A) train service between 145 St and 175 St in both directions.

Some northbound (A) trains terminate at 59 St-Columbus Circle, 125 St or 145 St.

There is a (A) Shuttle train between 175 St and Inwood-207 St.

As an alternative, take the M4 and M5 buses.

It's still going on....

Posted: 01/20/2017 4:07AM

There is no (A) train service between 145 St and 175 St in both directions.

Some northbound (A) trains terminate at 59 St-Columbus Circle, 125 St or 145 St.

There is a (A) Shuttle train between 175 St and Inwood-207 St.

As an alternative, take the M4 and M5 buses.

Problem is that at that time of the morning, the M4 & M5 don't run. The only bus running in that general area is the M100 which starts its first southbound trip from Inwood at 4:10AM. I hope they at least ran a few bus shuttles or something for the first few hours of the morning.