Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a train with mechanical problems at W 4 St-Washington Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound F trains are running on the E line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Some southbound F trains are running on the E line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Court Square then via the G line from Court Square to Bergen St.

Expect delays on southbound E, F, G trains.

Allow additional travel time.

Wasn't there a train with mechanical problems there this morning too? I think this is a train that had its emergency brakes activated to to signal problems.thats my guess. Also the (M) is not affected ?

UPDATE: it's now a rail condition;I guess the train didn't really have mechanical problems.

Edited by Abba

How hard is it to make a very good quality rail that doesn’t buckle? Would a more expensive alloy improve the longevity of the rail and lower costs in the long run? I understand that the rails aren’t the only parts to break… there are other parts like fasteners, ties, bolts, and other parts that can cause issues.

Well, I just got stuck on an (F) in queens because someone pulled the Emergency Break...

Brakes were activated because of signal problems.

UPDATED: QNS, E Trains, Signal Problems

Due to signal problems at 36 St(Qns), the following service changes are in effect, northbound E trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Expect delays in E, F and R trains in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

2/5/17 4:20 PM

NYC

"Due to injured passenger at Delancey St, northbound (A)(C) and (F) trains are running with delays."

Does anyone know what that's about?

EDIT: Actually, now it's "northbound (F) trains are running on the (G) line from Bergen St to Court Square, then over the (E) line from Queens Plaza to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays in (A)(C)(E)(F)(G) and (R) train service in both directions."

What a mess.

Posted: 02/05/2017 9:48PM (the notice, not this post)

Edited by agar io

While Brighton Beach Avenue does actually run under the Brighton Beach station, it also runs under the Ocean Parkway station, so this supposed "rename" wouldn't be specific enough.

Meanwhile, guess at which station the Brighton Line intersects Coney Island Avenue... That's right, Brighton Beach.

"Due to injured passenger at Delancey St, northbound (A)(C) and (F) trains are running with delays."

Does anyone know what that's about?

EDIT: Actually, now it's "northbound (F) trains are running on the (G) line from Bergen St to Court Square, then over the (E) line from Queens Plaza to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays in (A)(C)(E)(F)(G) and (R) train service in both directions."

What a mess.

Posted: 02/05/2017 9:48PM (the notice, not this post)

I was stuck in that mess. I waited almost a half hour at 96th Street heading home before a (D) ends up coming. I heard it was a huge scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen this one before.

33029045286_f6f723a0ff_b.jpgScreen Shot 2017-02-23 at 8.43.27 AM by spicker613, on Flickr

I waited 15 minutes for an (M) train this morning. Of course, my experience was before the MTA actually announced that there was a delay, but it could be related to a shortage of equipment due to a delay in getting trains out of the yard.

I waited 15 minutes for an (M) train this morning. Of course, my experience was before the MTA actually announced that there was a delay, but it could be related to a shortage of equipment due to a delay in getting trains out of the yard.

I think the only (MTA) agency that reports delays in a timely fashion is the LIRR's Twitter account....

While Brighton Beach Avenue does actually run under the Brighton Beach station, it also runs under the Ocean Parkway station, so this supposed "rename" wouldn't be specific enough.

Meanwhile, guess at which station the Brighton Line intersects Coney Island Avenue... That's right, Brighton Beach.

They should call it Brighton 6th Street, after the main exit stair.

???? Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow ????

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer ????

They should call it Brighton 6th Street, after the main exit stair.

Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer

Nah, Brighton Beach (the neighborhood and the beach) is a better descriptor for that station than one of three (four?) streets under the station. Its kind of a similar situation to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue.

Nah, Brighton Beach (the neighborhood and the beach) is a better descriptor for that station than one of three (four?) streets under the station. Its kind of a similar situation to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue.

Good to know.

Another question? Why do they call it Prospect Park instead of Lincoln Road? I noticed the walkways on [emoji578] Brighton line stations still have legacy signage, kinda like the signage at Willet's Point Boulevard.

What do those encircled numbers represent?

???? Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow ????

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer ????