Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power outage at Roosevelt island. Was going on since last night.

MTA Service Status

Service Change   Posted: 04/29/2017  8:50PM  

Due to an ongoing loss of power to elevators and escalators at Roosevelt Island, f.png trains are bypassing Roosevelt Island in both directions. 

For service to Roosevelt Island, take an f.png train to 21 St-Queensbridge and take a Roosevelt Island bound Q102 bus. 

For service from Roosevelt Island, take an Astoria bound Q102 bus to 21 St-Queensbridge for f.png train service. 

Allow additional travel time.

MTA Service Status

Service Change   Posted: 04/29/2017  8:50PM  

Due to an ongoing loss of power to elevators and escalators at Roosevelt Island, f.png trains are bypassing Roosevelt Island in both directions. 

For service to Roosevelt Island, take an f.png train to 21 St-Queensbridge and take a Roosevelt Island bound Q102 bus. 

For service from Roosevelt Island, take an Astoria bound Q102 bus to 21 St-Queensbridge for f.png train service. 

couldn't one just walk down the escalators?

They just changed it to delays but still worth bringing up:

Service Change Posted: 05/01/2017 7:49AM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 14 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (C) Subway trains are running local from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound (E) Subway trains are running local from Canal St to 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Expect delays in (A) Subway train service.

Is it true that if there is some major problem like switch problems will they rush to fix it during rush hour vs if it happens at 2 in the morning they will take their time?

I'd imagine they'd try to fix the problem as soon as possible, regardless of when it occurs. Using your example, an incident taking place at 2am can still massively affect rush hour service if not remedied in a timely fashion. Trains still have to be moved from the yards to their starting points by around 5:30am. If said incident is at a critical junction point, like W 4 Street, it can severely limit the number of trains available for service. Of course, this is all speculative, so don't quote me on this.

So now there are switch problems at Rockaway Blvd causing A trains to run express northbound.Im sure they won't rush but i guess it's not the biggest problem since you can go back but it's still an Inconvieniance.

Now they starting to reroute stuff...

Service Change  Posted: 05/02/2017  9:22PM 

Due to an ongoing rail condition at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Court Sq then on the e.png line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some 71 Av-bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey St-Essex St to Chambers St and terminate.

Some 71 Av-bound m.png trains are running on the f.png line from 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr to 36 St.

Northbound e.pngf.pngg.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Wait how do these even make any sense, where is the issue even??

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Now they starting to reroute stuff...

Service Change  Posted: 05/02/2017  9:22PM 

Due to an ongoing rail condition at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Court Sq then on the e.png line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some 71 Av-bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey St-Essex St to Chambers St and terminate.

Some 71 Av-bound m.png trains are running on the f.png line from 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr to 36 St.

Northbound e.pngf.pngg.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Wait how do these even make any sense, where is the issue even??

I didn't know how "bad" it was so I took the (E) anyway, we started crawling at 50th street. We got delayed at 7th Ave/53rd, I figured it was a (M) train but it was longer than usual, then we crawled to Lexington Ave. I was like "F this" got off and took the (6) to Grand Central to take the (7) to Roosevelt. I was going to walk from 5th Ave/53rd to 59th street for the (R) but didn't know how much it was affected.

Whenever there is an issue @ or west of Roosevelt Ave, it is best to take a (7) to bypass the delays, that way you can get on the next train that arrives at Roosevelt, even if the train is like delayed by like 30+ mins and/or there is a conga line to West 4th street, you didn't have to deal with it.

Service Change  Posted: 05/03/2017  2:34PM

Due to signal problems at Bowling Green, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound 4.png and 5.png trains are terminating at 149 St-Grand Concourse, Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall or Bowling Green.

Some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Expect delays on southbound 2.png, 3.png, 4.png and 5.png trains.