Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

I just got home 30 minutes ago. The (Q) at the Coney Island station still stated it was bound for Times Square.

And the Manhattan Bound (N) that I just took said it was bound for Lexington Ave.

It could be still programmed not expecting it to be completed earlier so maybe they didn't expect that

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be still programmed not expecting it to be completed earlier so maybe they didn't expect that

This was already hours after the fact. You'd think a train that could be reprogrammed with the push of a few buttons in an age where the MTA can update its website with real-time statuses would itself have updated signage.

This was already hours after the fact. You'd think a train that could be reprogrammed with the push of a few buttons in an age where the MTA can update its website with real-time statuses would itself have updated signage.

The signage is set by the train crew at the beginning of the run. If the crew isn't aware that the GO has ended early, the signs are going to be set in accordance with the GO.

The signage is set by the train crew at the beginning of the run.

Isn't Coney Island where they set the signage? That's the stop I got off… 2 hours after the fact, and the signage was wrong.

If the crew isn't aware that the GO has ended early, the signs are going to be set in accordance with the GO.

Improving communication within the MTA is another problem.

Edited by CenSin

Isn't Coney Island where they set the signage? That's the stop I got off… 2 hours after the fact, and the signage was wrong.

Improving communication within the MTA is another problem.

Then wouldn't they still short turn?

Service Change Posted: 10/04/2012 6:42PM

Due to mechanical problems at 161 St, Uptown (B) trains are running express between 145 St and Tremont Av.

Please expect delays in (B) train service at this time.

is this the same train that got stuck a little while ago at 145th.Just get that thing to the yard!

Service Change Posted: 10/04/2012 6:42PM

Due to mechanical problems at 161 St, Uptown (B) trains are running express between 145 St and Tremont Av.

Please expect delays in (B) train service at this time.

is this the same train that got stuck a little while ago at 145th.Just get that thing to the yard!

Haven't seen a (B) Concourse Express in quite a while.

Today around 5pm the 7 was messed up. I went to the 33rd street station and was catching the times square bound so I can take the express @ Queensboro Plaza helping me to get Main Street faster.

The train was not moving from the station the doors remained open this old lady fell I assumed and needed medical attention delayed the train. I saw the poor lady sitting on the floor and finally when the EMTs removed the lady and the train went crawling to Queensboro Plaza. It stopped midway and had to wait for another train that ran express to Queensboro. Finally arrived at Queensboro and finally the "express" came. Went on it and didn't hear the announcements because I'm hearing impaired and it flipped to local green circle sign midway. Made all local stops until finally at 74th street became express.

I can't believe one passenger can cause headaches for everybody!

By the way I read that after all Barclays center events the (4) and (5) will run local in Brooklyn.Not sure what would happen if their would be a day event.

Does (5) train service into Brooklyn end after 8? (Bowling Green terminal after rush hours).. Unless there's fastrack on the (2)/(3). Which forces the (5) to cover for (2) service.

Does (5) train service into Brooklyn end after 8? (Bowling Green terminal after rush hours).. Unless there's fastrack on the (2)/(3). Which forces the (5) to cover for (2) service.

If I remember correctly the sign said the (5) also.

Edited by Abba

Apparently something's gotten to the crossover at Court Square:

Due to a signal problem at the Court Square Station:

There is no g.png train service in both directions from the Court Square Station to Bedford Avenue-Nostrand Avenue Station.

Some Brooklyn-bound f.png trains are running on the g.png line between the Court Square Station and the Bergen Street Station.

Please expect delays on the f.png and g.png trains at this time.

Apparently something's gotten to the crossover at Court Square:

Due to a signal problem at the Court Square Station:

There is no g.png train service in both directions from the Court Square Station to Bedford Avenue-Nostrand Avenue Station.

Some Brooklyn-bound f.png trains are running on the g.png line between the Court Square Station and the Bergen Street Station.

Please expect delays on the f.png and g.png trains at this time.

Why not have some (G)'s go OOS after Ct Square to 71st Avenue, all other trains terminate at Bedford-Nostrand. I'd love to see an (F) on that line.

Service Change Posted: 10/10/2012 9:59PM

Due to signal problems at 59 St, Some Astoria-bound n.png and q.png trains are terminating at 57 St.

Please expect delays in n.png and q.png trains at this time.

What a bad day for the Broadway line. Signal problems at Queensboro this morning, rail condition at Prospect Park, Medical emergency, and now this.

Here's something interesting:

Posted 10/12/12 11:12am

Due to switch problems at 149 Street-Grand Concourse Station:

Some uptown (4) trains  terminate at the 86 Street Station.

Some uptown (5) trains are running on the (6) line from 125 Street Station to the 138 Street-3 Avenue Station and terminate.

Please expect delays on the (4), (5) and (6) trains in both directions at this time.

EDIT: Service resumed at 11:18am

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

Service Change Posted: 10/12/2012 4:18PM

Due to signal problems at Nostrand Av:

Some Downtown a.png and c.png trains are terminating at World Trade Center, Jay St and 2 Av.

Uptown a.png and c.png trains are terminating at Broadway Junction.

Please expect delays in a.png and c.png train service at this time.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

I just got stick in this hot mess

I was stuck on the (A) for nearly 2 hours between Utica and Nostrand

921735E6-8879-47E0-AE54-7BDC31860912-480-00000035E142B1A0.jpg

19EB741F-5552-42DE-AE98-9D8B61DB392A-480-00000035E215D641.jpg

Finally just got off smh

I was on a Manhattan-bound (C) heading to Fulton Street, Manhattan, it broke down on me, and had to be taken out of service. Canceled my trip to Manhattan, toke the B44 bus to the (3) and went home. I was stuck at Nostrand Avenue on the IND Fulton Street Line for like an hour.

Edited by RollOverMyHead