Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was north of 125th Street. The (B) is suspended. Only a few (B) Trains got sent up to 96th Street-2nd Avenue but that was because they were already in Manhattan or North of Dekalb Avenue when the it occurred

Don't mean to sound rude but how do you know this if your upstate?

Edited by Lawrence St

Don't mean to sound rude but how do you know this if your upstate?

Those (B) to 96th Street was on Twitter (Someone complained on why it became a (Q) ) and for the (B) being suspended, one of my CR friends who's working the line only did a trip so far and they haven't had any (B) Trains leave the terminal because of it. Everyone is being held there so thats how I know.

Probably a good thing I'm upstate.

Due to an investigation between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 125 St the following service changes are in effect:

There is no a.png train service between Jay St-MetroTech and 207 St in both directions.

There is no b.png train service between Brighton Beach and 145 St in both directions

c.png train service is suspended between Euclid Av and 168 St in both directions.

There is no d.png train service between 42 St-Bryant Park and Inwood-205 St in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

Lol (D) train service between inwood-205th st, seems legit

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Hey, they're actually running shuttle buses:

Service Change  Posted: 06/27/2017  2:51PM 

Shuttle Bus shuttle_bus.png service is provided between 145 St and Frederick Douglas Blvd and 59 St-Columbus Circle, due to a train derailment at 125 St.

Detour is as follows:

A, B, C and D shuttle_bus.png Southbound: Via 145 St and St Nicholas Av, left on 135 St, right on Frederick Douglas Blvd into Central Park West, continue south on Central Park West, right on 63 St, left on Broadway, last stop at 59 St and Columbus Circle.

A, B, C and D shuttle_bus.png Northbound: Via Columbus Circle, right onto Central Park West, continue north on Central Park West into Frederick Douglass Blvd, left on 145 
St, left on St Nicholas Av into staging area for southbound service.

Due to a derailment at 125 St the following service changes are in effect:

There is no a.png train service between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 168 St in both directions.

There is shuttle a.png train service between 168 St and Inwood-207 St in both directions. 

a.png trains are running local in Brooklyn and between Canal St and 59 St in both directions.

There is free shuttle bus service operating between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 145 St in both directions.

b.png train service is suspended between Brighton Beach and 145 St in both directions.

c.png train service is suspended between Euclid Av and 168 St in both directions.

There is no d.png train service between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 161 St-Yankee Stadium in both directions.

There is shuttle d.png train service between 161 St-Yankee Stadium and Norwood-205 St in both directions.

No m.png trains between Essex St and 71 Av-Forest Hills.

Service Change  Posted: 06/27/2017  5:50PM 

Due to a train derailment at 125 St the following service changes are in effect:

a.png trains are running local in Brooklyn and Manhattan between Canal St and 168 St in both directions.

Some northbound a.png trains are running express from Canal St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

There is free shuttle bus service operating between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 145 St in both directions.

b.png trains are running on the q.png line from Brighton Beach and 96 St in both directions.

c.png train service is suspended between Euclid Av and 168 St in both directions.

d.png trains are running local in Manhattan between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 145 St in both directions.

b.png and m.png train service has resumed with extensive delays.

Expect delays in a.pngb.pngc.pngd.pnge.pngf.png and m.png train service.

If there is one thing that bothers me is the way the so called mainstream media traffic reporters have been reporting that the B Service has been restored just like the A and D Service. For the last two hours I have been listening to WABC and that is what they have been reporting even though the MTA official website  has stated the B Train is running via the Q Line to 96th Street - 2nd Avenue not via Central Park West. I may be sounding like a purist but do any of these reporters ever check the MTA website to make sure that they are giving out correct information to the public? I wonder about it!.  

The MTA Website has the B running its regular route to 47th-50th Streets then via the F and then via the Q to 96th Street. Since I do not listen to the radio until 5 PM, I would be interested from other forum members  in knowing if the radio traffic reporters are still saying that the B is running (which is correct) but not adding the part about that it running to 96th Street (which should be stated at that time)?

Edited by Interested Rider

If there is one thing that bothers me is the way the so called mainstream media traffic reporters have been reporting that the B Service has been restored just like the A and D Service. For the last two hours I have been listening to WABC and that is what they have been reporting even though the MTA official website  has stated the B Train is running via the Q Line to 96th Street - 2nd Avenue not via Central Park West. I may be sounding like a purist but do any of these reporters ever check the MTA website to make sure that they are giving out correct information to the public? I wonder about it!.  

They've always been like that when it comes to the subway. It's either they don't know or don't care, combined with the fact most viewers don't care either. They'll likely take the latest press release which says that service is running semi-normally and go from there. The most egregious example I've heard recently was when the 7th Avenue and Lexington Ave lines were called the red and green lines respectively.

Edited by Lance

They've always been like that when it comes to the subway. It's either they don't know or don't care, combined with the fact most viewers don't care either. They'll likely take the latest press release which says that service is running semi-normally and go from there. The most egregious example I've heard recently was when the 7th Avenue and Lexington Ave lines were called the red and green lines respectively.

But they are red and green.

But they are red and green.

Real New Yorkers don't say that. Transplants need to get with it. We don't ever call the lines by their colors. It sounds stupid. We say the Lex Line, 7th Avenue line etc. It's clearer and precise. The people that call them by their colors are either transplants, or New Yorkers that don't have a clue about the subway. I never understood how transplants came up with that anyway. There are just certain rules that are clearly New York things. The other options is using the numbers or letters of the lines like the (4)(5)(6), but usually saying the Lex line is better (shorter). Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Real New Yorkers don't say that. Transplants need to get with it. We don't ever call the lines by their colors. It sounds stupid. We say the Lex Line, 7th Avenue line etc. It's clearer and precise. The people that call them by their colors are either transplants, or New Yorkers that don't have a clue about the subway. I never understood how transplants came up with that anyway. There are just certain rules that are clearly New York things. The other options is using the numbers or letters of the lines like the (4)(5)(6), but usually saying the Lex line is better (shorter).

I've only ever seen tourists or transplants in, like, their first week in the city do that. They learn pretty quickly...

Now I have seen some call the 8th Avenue line the Ace, and it takes every thing in my power to not burst out laughing...

Real New Yorkers don't say that. Transplants need to get with it. We don't ever call the lines by their colors. It sounds stupid. We say the Lex Line, 7th Avenue line etc. It's clearer and precise. The people that call them by their colors are either transplants, or New Yorkers that don't have a clue about the subway. I never understood how transplants came up with that anyway. There are just certain rules that are clearly New York things. The other options is using the numbers or letters of the lines like the (4)(5)(6), but usually saying the Lex line is better (shorter).

I come from real New Yorkers that still to this day say "Take the IRT/IND/BMT to..."

God rest my grandmother, she called the Concourse "Grand Boulevard" til the day she died.

Edited by Deucey

I've only ever seen tourists or transplants in, like, their first week in the city do that. They learn pretty quickly...

Now I have seen some call the 8th Avenue line the Ace, and it takes every thing in my power to not burst out laughing...

That's actually normal. Saying the (4)(5)(6) or the (A)(C)(E) is the alternative. Flows off the tongue nicely. Saying 8th Avenue is longer than the (A)(C)(E). Same deal with the (1)(2)(3) versus the 7th Avenue line. I think the first time I heard anyone use colors to describe a subway line was a friend of mine from college who had decided to move to NYC. I thought it was weird but he was able to pull it off with his Colombian/German accent. lol Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I come from real New Yorkers that still to this day say "Take the IRT/IND/BMT to..."

God rest my grandmother, she called the Concourse "Grand Boulevard" til the day she died.

If you understand what the Concourse is modeled after (I suspect she does) then it makes sense why she called it that.

If you understand what the Concourse is modeled after (I suspect she does) then it makes sense why she called it that.

Champs-Élysées, IIRC.

But she wasn't the type that'd know that. IIRC it used to be called Grand Boulevard and Concourse, so she stuck with it, like my maternal family in Detroit still calling Fenkell and McNichols Five and Six Mile Roads, respectively.

Champs-Élysées, IIRC.

But she wasn't the type that'd know that. IIRC it used to be called Grand Boulevard and Concourse, so she stuck with it, like my maternal family in Detroit still calling Fenkell and McNichols Five and Six Mile Roads, respectively.

Right and so from that the idea was that the Grand Concourse was the Bronx's version of the "grand boulevard" like the Champs-Élysées in France. Very wide street with beautiful art deco buildings.

MTA Service Status

Service Change

Posted: 06/29/2017 11:59AM

Due to Broadway Bridge being open for marine traffic, northbound 1 trains are running express from 215 St to Van-Cortandt Park-242 St.

Maintainers are on the scene investigating. We will keep you updated.

Huh.