Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday must have been hell riding the (F). Luckily I was taking the Westbound/Southbound (F) from Jamaica, but NB service was all over. Signal problems at East Broadway, a train with mechanical problems at Rockefeller Center leading to service delays, and a sick passenger at Roosevelt Avenue. There were (E) and (F) trains going both local and express. There was (F) trains via crosstown, and no local service because of an (F) at Roosevelt Avenue (local) which was taken out of service. Wonder if there were (R) trains sent to 96 Street or Astoria yesterday (because I did not see a single (R) on QBL during that entire mess, although some (M) trains did run along QBL. 

A complementary mechanical problem for the PM just in case the AM one wasn't enough:

Service Change

Posted: 08/25/2017 4:39PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Grand Army Plaza, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (2)(3) trains are running express from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to Franklin Av.

Some southbound (5) trains terminate at Bowling Green.

Allow additional travel time.

A good way to end August.

Service Change  Posted: 08/31/2017  4:17PM

Due to a rail condition at Bedford Park Blvd, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png trains terminate at 145 St.

There is no b.png train service between 145 St and Bedford Park Blvd in both directions.

Northbound d.png trains terminate at Bedford Pk-Blvd.

There is no d.png train service between Bedford Pk Blvd and Norwood-205 St.

b.png and d.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Shuttle train service is available between Bedford Pk Blvd and Norwood-205 St in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 08/31/2017  4:22PM

Due to signal problems at Bay Ridge-95 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound r.png trains are running on the d.png line from 36 St (Bklyn) to 9 Av then terminate.

r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Service Change

Posted: 09/01/2017 5:36PM

Due to a customer struck by a train at 42 St/Port Authority Bus Terminal, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (C) trains are running express from Canal St to 59-St-Columbus Circle.

Northbound (E) trains running express from Canal St to 42 St/Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Expect delays on (A)(C) and (E) trains.

Due to switch problems at West 4th Street, the following service changes are in effect:

Some Broadway Junction bound (M) trains are running on the (G) line from Jackson Heights to Bergen St and then terminate.

Eight-car train on the (G). Perhaps a sign of what will come with the Canarsie shutdown.

Due to switch problems at West 4th Street, the following service changes are in effect:

Some Broadway Junction bound (M) trains are running on the (G) line from Jackson Heights to Bergen St and then terminate.

They were seriously turning trains at BERGEN???? That sounds *highly* inefficient. 

Right. I was thinking 6th Avenue to Bergen lower. Can't skim the posts, now can I?  :P I have no idea then as I still can't see them turning trains there during the rush hour. Therefore I can only see them terminating trains at Church Av since that's the closest place to terminate trains without getting in the way.

I have a very simple question to ask; Who writes these posts at the MTA that are sent out to the public? It is posts like the last one that has me scratching my head as does anyone proofread what is sent out to the public for this one has me saying Huh! What happened to 36th Street Queens where the M could be sent via the F Line to the Q Line and reversed at Canal Street on the Broadway Line? 

'

It is the same thing with the bus posts and it has been going on for years with the same mistakes so it is obvious that they don't care about the information that is disseminated to the public as there has not been any change in years.

I have a very simple question to ask; Who writes these posts at the MTA that are sent out to the public? It is posts like the last one that has me scratching my head as does anyone proofread what is sent out to the public for this one has me saying Huh! What happened to 36th Street Queens where the M could be sent via the F Line to the Q Line and reversed at Canal Street on the Broadway Line?

Or instead of screwing up both 6 Avenue local and Broadway Express service, you could send them to Bedford–Nostrand Avenues where there is plenty of capacity to spare. The (G) trains don’t run often anyway.

I'd imagine those trains went out of service at Jay St and relayed using the lower level of Bergen St. Turning trains on the upper level during the rush hour would be impossible.

Additional trains could turn at Church Avenue with (F) train shifted to the express tracks to get them out of the ensuing traffic jam.

Speaking of, I guess they are doing something different in the unplanned changes (or this is the first time I seen this):

Due to signal problems at Simpson St, northbound (2) and (5) trains are running with delays.

Some northbound (2) and (5) trains are running express from 3 Av-149 St to E 180 St.

Signal maintainers are on the scene investigating.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Know Before You Go.

Edited by ShadeJay

An incident just ended on the Brighton Line. Someone might have been crossing between cars while the train was en route to Church Avenue. The train stopped after a crunching sound and the power was cut off to enable emergency personnel to retrieve the body. During that time, (Q) trains were sent express down Brighton. That was later changed to Sea Beach. The body was brought on board the train and transported to Church Avenue where the train went out-of-service.

Don't know if this was planned or not...

Service Change

Posted: 09/10/2017 1:21PM

Due to track maintenance at 145 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (3) train service between 96 St and Harlem-148 St in both directions.

(3) trains are running on the (1) line from 96 St to 137 St-City College in both directions.

Expect delays on (1) and (3) train service.

As an alternative, customer can use the for service between 96 St and 135 St in both directions and M7 or M102 bus for service between Harlem-148 St and 135 St.

EDIT: There was a signal malfunction which is causing (3) trains to go up the (1).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

They were seriously turning trains at BERGEN???? That sounds *highly* inefficient.

There were some (F) trains going via Culver Express south of Jay Street towards Church Avenue only, which is why (M) trains could not terminate at Church. That also rules out turning at the lower level.

What exactly happened at Park Place? The 2 and 5 were extremely crowded and spaced farther apart this AM rush because of "FDNY/Track maintenance" at Park Place. And now at 10:45 I'm still getting notifications about disruptions to 2/3 service because of "track maintenance" at Park Place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly happened at Park Place? The 2 and 5 were extremely crowded and spaced farther apart this AM rush because of "FDNY/Track maintenance" at Park Place. And now at 10:45 I'm still getting notifications about disruptions to 2/3 service because of "track maintenance" at Park Place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issues started early this morning. I heard about the mess this morning on the news. They had (3) trains terminating all over the place and (2) and (5) trains running together in various parts where they normally run separate.