Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

1 hour ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Extra service along the BMT Broadway Line since the (M) is suspended this week from Broadway Jct to Forest Hills. They'll be running extra trains from Chambers Street to Broadway Jct until Friday night, when the (M) goes back into service.

Oh ok. Thank You 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a way to end the year...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 12/31/2017  9:06PM

There is no (4) train service in both directions between Burnside Av and Woodlawn.

This service change is because of switch problems at Bedford Park Blvd-Lehman College.

Travel Alternative: use nearby Bx1, Bx2, Bx10, Bx16, Bx28, Bx34 bus and (D) train service making nearby (4) station stops.

"Crappy Happy New Year!" presented by (MTA)

Delays   Posted: 01/01/2018 12:20AM  

Southbound (N) and (R) trains are running with delays because of signal problems at Times Sq-42 St.

Our crews are on site working to fix it ASAP and we'll follow up soon. Stay tuned for updates.

MTA Service Status

Service Change   Posted: 01/03/2018  8:50PM  

In preparation of this evening's storm conditions, (E) and (F) trains are running local in both directions between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and Kew Gardens-Union Tpke.  

Service Change   Posted: 01/03/2018  8:20PM  

In preparation for this evening's storm conditions: 

There is no express (D)(N) and (Q) train service. 

(B) and (W) service ends early.

Posted: 01/04/2018 10:11AM

There is no (S) -Rockaway Park shuttle train service in both directions between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-B 116 St.

Expect delays on (A) train service.

These service changes are because of switch problems at Broad Channel.

As an alternative, customers can take the Q22, Q52-Ltd or Q53-Ltd buses making nearby station stops.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Also,

Service Change  Posted: 01/04/2018 12:01PM 

Southbound (A) trains are stopping along the Rockaway Park shuttle line between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-116 St.

There is limited southbound (A) train service between Broad Channel and Far Rockaway. 

These service changes are because of switch problems at Broad Channel.

As an alternative customers may take the Q22 bus running between Beach 67 St and Rockaway Park-116 St or the Q52 orQ53-SBS buses running between Rockaway Blvd and Rockaway Park Beach 116 St.

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

4 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Rough day for the (S) service

Posted: 01/04/2018  6:12PM

There is no service on the (S) Franklin Av Shuttle between Franklin Av and Prospect Park in both directions because of a train with mechanical problems at Park Pl.

And because of single-tracking

4 hours ago, Abba said:

Does anyone think it really made sense to run the (B) train today ? There have been nonstop alerts on that line all day.

It’s not like the (B) train uses any tracks that are for train storage anyway.

I just think it did more harm then good on a day like this.It goes through an open cut and it was local in Brooklyn for a good part of the day lots of signal problems that probobaly caused congestion. I don’t think  it was worth it.But that’s just me .

1 minute ago, Abba said:

I just think it did more harm then good on a day like this.It goes through an open cut and it was local in Brooklyn for a good part of the day lots of signal problems that probobaly caused congestion. I don’t think  it was worth it.But that’s just me .

They sent some of the last few trains of the day via the (F) and terminated at Jay Street. 

With regards to the franklin Shuttle sounds like it was a snow condition and the train with mechanical problems proboably was buried with it.I noticed them using “train with mechanical problems a lot today “.Did the train operator have to walk around the train with each BIE today ? I hope not!

Imagine even if the signaling, cabling, and tracking systems (and of course, the rolling stock) within the entire subway are all 100% brand new, they would obviously still have some issues during terrible weather conditions like this and there's just no way you can avoid the inevitable. We just gotta be prepared and content while we still can.

Delays  Posted: 01/06/2018  3:26PM  

Northbound F Subway, N Subway, Q Subway and R Subway trains are running with delays because of FDNY activity at 57 St-7 Av.

Shuttle trains are running between Queensboro Plaza and Ditmars Blvd.

=========================================================================================================================

Service Change  Posted: 01/06/2018  2:54PM  

Northbound N Subway and R Subway trains are stopping along the Q Subway line from DeKalb Av to Canal St and then running express from Canal St to Times Sq-42 St.  

These service changes are because of switch problems at Prince St.   Expect delays on the F Subway, N Subway, Q Subway, and R Subway trains.

Service Change

Posted: 01/06/2018  4:38PM

Jamaica-bound (J) and Broadway Junction-bound (M)trains are running express from Marcy Av to Myrtle Av because of a person struck by a train at Flushing Av.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Posted: 01/06/2018  5:03PM

There is no (J) and (M) train service between Marcy Av and Broadway Junction in both directions.

This service change is because of a person struck by a train at Flushing Av.

Broadway cannot catch a break...

Service Change

Posted: 01/06/2018  6:59PM

Southbound (N) and (R) trains are running express from 57 St-7 Av to Times Square-42 St because of a rail condition at Times Square-42 St.

Expect delays in (F) , (N)(Q) and (R) train service.

34 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Am I dreaming, or was the storm 3 days ago? 

Service Change

Posted: 01/07/2018 10:46PM Northbound 3 trains are running local from 14 St to 96 St because of weather conditions.

Their probably still laying up snowbirds underground, in the past they have layed up snowbirds in tunnels a couple days after the storm.

5 hours ago, Jsunflyguy said:

Most yards are still closed, and with Freezing Rain in the forecast tomorrow it will probably be as such for the rest of the work week.

Doubt it would be the rest of this week as it's supposed to REALLY warm up after today (and especially by Thursday when temps are supposed to be near 50).

Service Change  Posted: 01/08/2018  2:44PM 

Northbound (C) trains are running express from Broadway Junction to Hoyt Schermerhorn because of ice on the tracks at Nostrand Av.

Expect delays in (A) and (C) train service. 

Our crews are on site to fix it ASAP and we'll follow up soon. Stay tuned for updates.

3 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Service Change  Posted: 01/08/2018  2:44PM 

Northbound (C) trains are running express from Broadway Junction to Hoyt Schermerhorn because of ice on the tracks at Nostrand Av.

Expect delays in (A) and (C) train service. 

Our crews are on site to fix it ASAP and we'll follow up soon. Stay tuned for updates.

I'm guessing there are also switch issues at Utica Avenue to prevent making the switch to the express there.  

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

I'm guessing there are also switch issues at Utica Avenue to prevent making the switch to the express there.  

The switches at Utica are good for only 10 mph. I’m guessing they chose not to use them because of that — they’ll just hold up traffic more. 

(N)(Q)(R)(W) all via 63 Street

Service Change  Posted: 01/09/2018 10:35PM 

Southbound (N)(W)  trains end at Queensboro Plaza.

Northbound (N)(W) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St and end.

Southbound (R) trains are stopping along the (F) line from 36 St(Qns) to Lexington Av-63 St, then over the (Q)  line to 57 St-7 Av.

These service changes are because of an ongoing train with mechanical problems at Lexington Av-59 St.

Expect delays in (F)(N)(Q)(R) train service.  

Travel alternative: For service between Manhattan and Queens, take (7) train service instead.