Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

On 8/5/2018 at 1:01 AM, Abba said:

I have a question ? If this happend during rush would service still Be out? Something tells me no! Anyone agree? 

It depends on the issue whether they can divert all trains to run local or run express and that Saturday night incident, they couldn't send anything through because the switch issue blocked off both tracks (Southbound). And if this happened during the weekday Rush Hours or Middays, I can tell you it would've been much worse.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Service Change  Posted: 08/09/2018  5:46PM 

Some southbound (4) and (5) trains will end at Bowling Green.  

Expect delays in (4), (5) and (6) train service in both directions. 

These service changes are because of earlier switch problems at Burnside Av.

Wait...what...

20 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

It depends on the issue whether they can divert all trains to run local or run express and that Saturday night incident, they couldn't send anything through because the switch issue blocked off both tracks (Southbound). And if this happened during the weekday Rush Hours or Middays, I can tell you it would've been much worse.

But I think they would have worked quicker to fix it but that’s just me . I think  this issue might have been caused by trackwork and it’s possible today’s  Burnside Ave issues were also caused by trackwork.

Edited by Abba

Service Change

Some northbound (2) trains are stopping along the (5) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Some northbound (3) trains are stopping along the (1) line from 96 St and end at 137 St-City College.

These service changes are because of track maintenance at 125 St

Expect delays in (1) , (2) and (3) train service

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I ended up on a Queens Blvd. Express M today on the way home from work around 5:30pm. There were no notifications of delays or reroutes, and it showed up at Lexington/53 signed this way. Definitely caused some confusion in my car!

NRkmwgy.jpg

This might evolve. Stay tuned

Delays  Posted: 08/09/2018 11:22PM 

Southbound (E) and (F) trains are running with delays because of an injured passenger at 34 St-Herald Square.

Expect delays in both directions.

1 hour ago, kosciusko said:

I've been noticing some rush hour (4)s showing up on the Eastern Parkway and Lex locals in the past few days. I wonder what's causing it...

Mainly because of signal issues and/or investigations.

In any case, here's a different one for you:

Service Change  Posted: 08/09/2018 11:12PM 

Southbound (4) trains are running express from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to Crown Heights-Utica Av because of an NYPD investigation at Crown Heights-Utica Av

UPDATE:

Service Change  Posted: 08/10/2018 12:07AM 

Southbound (a) trains end at Chambers St because of a work train with mechanical problems at Chambers St

19 hours ago, Abba said:

But I think they would have worked quicker to fix it but that’s just me . I think  this issue might have been caused by trackwork and it’s possible today’s  Burnside Ave issues were also caused by trackwork.

That’s what they get for being too cute with the (4) GO. They wanted to avoid congestion but added all this ridiculous switching between 167 and Burnside.

The (4) might be closer to me than the (D) but I specifically avoid the (4) whenever they run that garbage headway. I know someone that waited more than half an hour for a (4) earlier today.

Edited by paulrivera

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

^^^ Second day in a row they had that service change, same hours too.

Actually the third day in a row, since the first they bypassed it, the elevators likely failed, since the was no notice of the elevators being down beforehand.

----------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Some northbound (N) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St and end. 

Some northbound (R) trains are stopping along (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av and then on the (F) line from Lexington Av/63 St to 36 St (QNS).

These service changes are because of signal problems at Lexington Av/59 St

Service Change

Northbound (4) and (5) trains are running local from Grand Central-42 St to 125 St because of water on the tracks at 86 St.

Expect delays in (4) , (5) and (6) service.

------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

Northbound (F) and 96 St-bound (M) trains are running express from West 4 St-Washington Sq to 34 St-Herald Sq because of signal problems at West 4 St-Washington Sq.

^^^^ UPDATE:

Service Change  Posted: 08/13/2018  2:24PM 

Southbound (D) and (N) trains are running local from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 36 St (Brooklyn).

Some southbound (D) and (N) trains are stopping along the (Q) line from DeKalb Av to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

These service changes are because of low hanging cables at 25 St.

Expect delays in (D) , (N) , (Q) and (R) train service.

Damn, the (R) out of all trains is putting in that work tonight:

Service Change  Posted: 08/13/2018  6:20PM 

There are delays and service changes on the (N) , (R) , (W) and lines between Manhattan and Queens because a train's brakes were automatically activated between Lexington Av/59 St and Queensboro Plaza. We are investigating the cause and are working to restore regular service. 
There is no (N) or (W) service from Manhattan into Queens. (R) trains are being rerouted over the (F) line from Lexington Av/63 St and Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av. See a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing train or bus service.
For service from 5 Av / 59 St, consider taking a downtown (N) , (R) , or (W) train one stop to 57 St-7 Av, for continuing (R) train service into Queens. (R) trains are being rerouted over the (Q) line to Lexington Av/63 St and then the (F)line to Jackson Hts Roosevelt Av.
For service from Lexington Av/59 St, consider traveling to Lexington Av/63 St, where (R) train service is being rerouted over the (F) line to Jackson Hts Roosevelt Av. Entering at Lexington Av/63 St is a free MetroCard transfer from Lexington Av/59 St.

Service Change  Posted: 08/13/2018  6:11PM 

There is limited (2) , (3) , (4) , and (5) service in both directions between Manhattan and Brooklyn because of signal problems at Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum. See a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing train or bus service. Consider using nearby subway alternatives, such as the (R) line. 

10 hours ago, Abba said:

Poor passengers that’s the second week in a row a train got stuck in the 60th st tunnel for a nice amount of time.

And this morning is no different. Since 6AM, no (N)(W) between Queens and Manhattan and southbound (R) trains rerouted to 63 St.

There is no N and W train service between Lexington Av-59 St and Queensboro Plaza because of a work train with mechanical problems at Lexington Av-59 St.

Southbound R trains are stopping along the F line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Lexington-63 St, then via the Q line from Lexington Av-63 St to 57 St-7 Av.

Shuttle trains are running between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and Queensboro Plaza.

Our crews are on the scene working to restore normal service as quickly as possible.

Expect delays on the F, N, Q, R and Wtrains.

Consider taking the 7 train instead

Edited by darkstar8983

Suspended  Posted: 08/14/2018  4:31PM 

There is no service on the Franklin Av (S) in both directions because of a fallen tree across the tracks near Park Place. See a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing train or bus service.
Consider taking the nearby B48 bus, which runs parallel to the shuttle on Franklin Av. Here are directions: 
http://bit.ly/2uM5tAJ

Service Change  Posted: 08/14/2018  5:26PM 

There are delays and service changes in (A) ,(C) and (E) service because of a person who was struck by a train at Spring St
Southbound (C)  trains are running express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Canal St.
Southbound (E) trains are running express from 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal to Canal St.
Expect delays in (A) , (C) , and (E) service as all three lines operate on the same track.

Station-Specific Alternatives:

• There is no southbound (C) service at 50 St. Take a southbound (E)  train on the lower level and transfer at 42 St Port Authority for continuing (C) train service.
  •  For service from 34 St, take this time to safely cross over to the middle platform for southbound (A) , (C) , or (E) train service

Not Mentioned:

• Some (A) and (C) trains are going down 6th Avenue

I saw the aftermath of that Spring Street 12-9.. I saw the body and everything, blood on the tracks and body parts. It was clearly visible from the Uptown platform.

They use bleach to remove the blood from the road bed and the body parts are removed by cops and put in a hazard bag, some dude was taking pics with a DSLR.. a cameramen and a reporter from a unknown media outlet came and took video. 

I've been thinking about that person ever since I saw it, RIP to whoever that person was. All my years riding the subway and my first time experiencing one of these "12-9's".