Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, those maps are outdated and full of mistakes. Tk Y3 is fully intact from E180 to Dyre.

There isn't going to be an (R) below 34 St on weekends for a good while. There's still a lot of work going on in lower Manhattan and Montague.

Are they still going on track to open the Montague by the end of the year?

(Q) via (R) GO's are in the system for Christmas week...

Speaking of track troubles, Nostrand Av is pretty FUBAR'd right now. There's a switch malfunction at Flatbush Av. At first trains were terminating at President Avenue (lol C/R, you so silly) Street, but trains seem to be ending at Church Av now. The B44 was pretty messed up, after waiting at President St about 20 mins or so and seeing 5 Limiteds to 1 local, all crushloaded, I just gave up and hiked it over to the B49.

Hmmm, maybe that Nostrand Av Fastrack isn't such a bad idea after all.

Edited by Mysterious2train

Speaking of track troubles, Nostrand Av is pretty FUBAR'd right now. There's a switch malfunction at Flatbush Av. At first trains were terminating at President Avenue (lol C/R, you so silly) Street, but trains seem to be ending at Church Av now. The B44 was pretty messed up, after waiting at President St about 20 mins or so and seeing 5 Limiteds to 1 local, all crushloaded, I just gave up and hiked it over to the B49.

Hmmm, maybe that Nostrand Av Fastrack isn't such a bad idea after all.

I was taking the (6) downtown to Bleecker Street. All I could say was… the express tracks were constipating.

Due to a rail condition at the 81 Street-Museum of Natural History, downtown a.png and d.png trains are running local from the 125 Street Station to the 59 Street-Columbus Circle Station.

c.png train service suspended from the Euclid Avenue Station to the 168 Street Station.

Please expect delay in a.png and d.png train service at this time.

I still don't understand the point of suspending the C service. I understand there would be lots of trains on the tracks but seems silly to suspend the C.

What about the Brooklyn C service and the 8th ave section downtown below 59th street?

Due to a rail condition at the 81 Street-Museum of Natural History, downtown a.png and d.png trains are running local from the 125 Street Station to the 59 Street-Columbus Circle Station.

c.png train service suspended from the Euclid Avenue Station to the 168 Street Station.

I still don't understand the point of suspending the C service. I understand there would be lots of trains on the tracks but seems silly to suspend the C.

What about the Brooklyn C service and the 8th ave section downtown below 59th street?

There was a derailed (A) train that caused this rail condition.

Yesterday power was cut off on the Astoria line or so said the announcements.

I had to take an (R) via the (F) line.

What was odd was that my Queens-bound (R) switched from the local uptown track all the way to the express downtown track at 57th Street, because they had the (N) on the express uptown track. Then my (R) left and switched to the Queens-bound 63rd Street track. I don't know the logic behind switching the (R) like that.

There was some problem in Brooklyn as well, that seemed to be what did in (C) service (and lead to a change of headway of up to 30 min!)

Due to mechanical problems at Jay St-Metrotech Station, Southbound r.png trains are running on n.png line between Canal St Station and DeKalb Av Station.

Please expect delays in r.png train service at this time.

Well, it was nice while it lasted -_-:lol:

I'd say mechanical problems at Jay Street has nothing to do with the Montague tunnel.

More problems along the (R)

Delays Posted: 12/23/2012 12:52PM

Due to track maintenance on the Manhattan Bridge, downtown n.png and q.png trains are running with delays at this time.

Service Change Posted: 12/23/2012 12:48PM

Due to switch trouble at the Whitehall Street-South Ferry Station, r.png trains are running on the q.png line from the Canal Street Station to the DeKalb Avenue Station in both directions.

Please expect delay in n.png, q.png and r.png train service at this time.

Due to switch trouble at the Whitehall Street-South Ferry Station, r.png trains are running on the q.png line from the Canal Street Station to the DeKalb Avenue Station in both directions.

Potentialy the worst service change this century.

More problems along the (R)

Delays Posted: 12/23/2012 12:52PM

Due to track maintenance on the Manhattan Bridge, downtown n.png and q.png trains are running with delays at this time.

lol seconds later i posted the same thing Edited by Tim92