Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change  Posted: 01/26/2019  6:09PM 

There are service changes and delays in (5) train service because a person was struck by a train at Baychester Av.

Northbound (5) trains are running express from E.180 St to Eastchester-Dyre Av.

Southbound (5) trains are running with delays.

As an alternative for service between E.180 St and Eastchester Dyre Av, please use local bus service.

Please see a station agent for a courtesy pass for continuing service.

33 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I'm sorry, what?

Some southbound E and M trains are bypassing Lex Av-53 St because a malfunctioning escalator has caused overcrowding on the platform. Southbound E and M trains are running with some delays because of this issue.

You know how overcrowded that station is.  Lesser of two evils probably. 

Delays Posted: 1/29/19 2:59 PM

Jamaica Ctr-bound (E) and 71 Av-bound (M) trains are proceeding with delays after EMS assisted someone at 53 St-5 Av.

Based on Subway Time:

Northbound (M) trains are running via the (F) between 47-50 Streets and 36 Street.

Some Northbound (E) trains are running via the (F) between West 4th Street and Roosevelt Avenue.

Some Northbound (E) trains are running via the (C) between 42nd Steeet and 168th Street.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Service Change  Posted: 01/30/2019  8:27PM 

(L) train service is operating in two sections because of a switch malfunction at Broadway Junction.

Canarsie-bound (L) trains are running between 8 Av and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and 8 Av-bound trains are running between Canarsie and Broadway Junction.

Continue to expect delays in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 01/30/2019  8:15PM 

Rockaway Park (S) train service is not running at the moment because of a switch problem at Rockaway Pk-Beach 116 St.

For service between Broad Channel and Rockaway Pk-Beach 116 St, consider using the Q53-SBS bus service. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2Hy6cJk

Service Change  Posted: 01/30/2019  8:07PM 

Southbound (4) and (5) trains are running local from 14 St-Union Sq to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall because of a signal problem at 14 St-Union Sq

Delays  Posted: 01/30/2019  8:06PM 

(6) trains are running with delays in both directions because of signal problems at Pelham Bay Park

Delays  Posted: 01/30/2019  8:37PM 

(M) and (R) trains in Queens are delayed in both directions while the NYPD responds to an unruly customer at Forest Hills-71 Av

Delays  Posted: 01/30/2019 11:45PM 

Northbound (E) and (F) trains are delayed while we request police assistance for a report of a passenger altercation at  Kew Gardens-Union Turnpike

Delays  Posted: 01/30/2019 11:17PM 

Southbound (4) trains are delayed while we work to correct a switch problem at Burnside Av.

As an alternative, consider using nearby (2)(6)(N) or (Q) train service.  

Service Change  Posted: 01/31/2019 11:50AM 

There are no Franklin Av (S) train service between Franklin Av and Prospect Park in both directions because of a train with mechanical problems at Franklin Av.

As an alternative customers are advised to use the B48 bus making nearby station stops.

Delays Posted: 2/1/19 10:51 AM

Northbound (F) trains are delayed because of a signal power failure between Neptune Av and Avenue U.

Based on Subway Time:

NB (F) trains are running on the (D) between Coney Island and Broadway-Laffayette Sts.

UPDATE:

Service Change

Northbound (F) trains are running on the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to B'way Lafayette because of a Con Ed transformer fire at Avenue X.

Southbound (F) trains end at Kings Hwy.

See a station agent for a courtesy pass for continuing bus or subway service.

As an alternative, consider taking the (N) train or B68 bus making nearby station stops. https://bustime.mta.info/#b68

Service Change  Posted: 02/03/2019  1:03PM 

34 St-bound (7) trains are running express from Mets-Willets Pt to 74 St-Broadway while NYPD conducts an investigation at 90 St.

(7) trains are bypassing 90 St in both directions.

For service to/from bypassed stations, consider taking a Main St-bound train.

Expect delays in 34 St-bound (7) train service.

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Service Change  Posted: 02/03/2019  1:03PM 

34 St-bound (7) trains are running express from Mets-Willets Pt to 74 St-Broadway while NYPD conducts an investigation at 90 St.

(7) trains are bypassing 90 St in both directions.

For service to/from bypassed stations, consider taking a Main St-bound train.

Expect delays in 34 St-bound (7) train service.

Turns out someone was shot and killed: https://www.nyctransitforums.com/topic/52937-man-fatally-shot-at-queens-subway-station-after-dispute/

The conductors definitely need more training.

• At DeKalb Avenue on the (Q): “This (Q) train is running via the (D) line due to a train with brakes in emergency. The next stop is Atlantic Avenue–Barclays Center on the (D) platform.”
  • At Atlantic Avenue–Barclays center: “This is a Coney Island-bound (Q) train via the (N) via the (D) line. The next stop is 36 Street.”
  • Train stops at Union Street…
  • At Prospect Avenue: “The next stop is 36 Str—I mean 25 Street.”
  • At 36 Street: “This train is going express. The next stops are 9 Avenue, 62 Street, Bay Parkway, and Bay 50 Street.”

Tell me what you see wrong here. 😉

27 minutes ago, CenSin said:

• At DeKalb Avenue on the (Q): “This (Q) train is running via the (D) line due to a train with brakes in emergency. The next stop is Atlantic Avenue–Barclays Center on the (D) platform.”
  • At Atlantic Avenue–Barclays center: “This is a Coney Island-bound (Q) train via the (N) via the (D) line. The next stop is 36 Street.”
  • At 36 Street: “This train is going express. The next stops are 9 Avenue, 62 Street, Bay Parkway, and Bay 50 Street.”

- This train should've been announced as a (Q) via the (R) to 36th Street and then via the (D) to Coney Island.

- It's impossible for a train on the express track going to CI to stop at Bay 50th without being on the wrong side the rest of the way.

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

50 minutes ago, OIG119 said:

- This train should've been announced as a (Q) via the (R) to 36th Street and then via the (D) to Coney Island.

- It's impossible for a train on the express track going to CI to stop at Bay 50th without being on the wrong side the rest of the way.

It sounds like a combination of route unfamiliarity on the part of the conductor and bit of bad information from dispatch. Or it could a case misremembering switch placement. It is possible to hit Bay 50 Street then immediately switch over to the express tracks for the rest of the West End line in the northbound direction.

Did anyone pick up on the reason that  the southbound Q trains running express from Prospect Park to Kings Highway since about 130 PM??  The posted something that service had resumed at about 3:10 PM with delays as there was an animal on the tracks.

It seems that  when I was at Avenue  M station southbound side about 150 PM , it seems that southbound platform sign said at the bottom stated there was police activity at Parkside Avenue and said the reason was "a goose".  

I am not kidding! 

I took the B/9 to the B/44 rather than wait.

1 hour ago, Interested Rider said:

Did anyone pick up on the reason that  the southbound Q trains running express from Prospect Park to Kings Highway since about 130 PM??  The posted something that service had resumed at about 3:10 PM with delays as there was an animal on the tracks.

It seems that  when I was at Avenue  M station southbound side about 150 PM , it seems that southbound platform sign said at the bottom stated there was police activity at Parkside Avenue and said the reason was "a goose".  

I am not kidding! 

I took the B/9 to the B/44 rather than wait.

Yep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

(2) and (5) trains have delays and service changes because of signal problems at E 180 St

Northbound (2) trains will end at 137 St-City College on the (1) line. 

Expect delays on (1) , (2) and (5) trains.

UPDATE:

Must suck to live near the Dyre Avenue line.

Service Change

There are significant delays and service changes on the (2) , (3) , (4) , and (5) lines affecting our rush hour service. Please take other lines or use local bus service if possible.

See a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing service.

The following service changes are in effect:There is no northbound Wakefield-241 St-bound (2) , Nereid Av-bound (5) , or Eastchester-Dyre Av-bound (5) service north of E 180 St because of signal problems at the station.

46 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Yep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Change

(2) and (5) trains have delays and service changes because of signal problems at E 180 St

UPDATE:

Service Change

There are significant delays and service changes on the (2) , (3) , (4) , and (5) lines affecting our rush hour service. Please take other lines or use local bus service if possible.

The following service changes are in effect:There is no northbound Wakefield-241 St-bound (2) , Nereid Av-bound (5) , or Eastchester-Dyre Av-bound (5) service north of E 180 St because of signal problems at the station.

That IRT rn is a disaster. (2) trains are being sent up the (1) like crazy.

57 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

A goose? Come on! Goats are one thing but geese CAN FLY AWAY! Why do you need to stop service for something like this?

Before long, pigeons will get the royal treatment, followed shortly by rats. It’s like your heart stops pumping blood to let a bacterium cross safely to the other side of the vein.

Edited by CenSin

59 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

A goose? Come on! Goats are one thing but geese CAN FLY AWAY! Why do you need to stop service for something like this?

Goose had a broken wing and was stuck. Would have been awfully cruel to let it die there...and I’m not so sure an animal as large as a goose would have had no impact on its offending train. 

Edited by RR503

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

That IRT rn is a disaster. (2) trains are being sent up the (1) like crazy.

Latest -

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 02/04/2019  7:04PM  

There are significant delays and service changes on the 1,2,3,4 and 5 lines affecting our rush hour service because of signal problems as a result of a system failure at the control tower at E 180 St. We have crews on scene working to restore the signal system, but at this time please take other lines or use local bus service, if possible.

Some northbound 2  trains will end service at E 180 St or at 137 St-City College on the  line.

Some northbound 5  trains will end service at E 180 St.

Limited shuttle bus service is available for the 2 train from E 180 St to Wakefield-241 St and for the 5 train from E 180 St to Eastchester-Dyre Av.

Additionally, MetroNorth is accommodating MetroCard holders at no additional charge from Grand Central to Wakefield.

Station-Specific Alternatives:

.    For service to/from Bronx Park East, consider taking the nearby Bx39 or Bx22 to/from Parkchester on the line. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2KDvKLE

.    For service to/from Pelham Pkwy, consider taking the nearby Bx22 or Bx12 to/from Fordham Rd on the  and  line. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2m2B64i

.    For service to/from Allerton Av, consider taking the nearby Bx26 to/from Bedford Pk Blvd on the  and  line. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2KSkVEw

.    For service to/from Gun Hill Rd, consider taking the nearby Bx28, Bx30, Bx38, or Bx41 to/from Norwood-205 Ston the  line. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2KWFxZh

.    For service to/from Nereid Av, consider taking the nearby Bx16 to/from Woodlawn on the  line. Here are directions: http://bit.ly/2KVTw1x

Thank you BM5  via Woodhaven for posting the official NYCT statement. When I saw the NYCT statement which was posted upstairs on the southbound Avenue M platform I noted was not posted on the street level. I could not figure that one out. 

54 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

You are not the only one who thought the same thing. I read the statement out loud and my reaction was "Huh!". When i was at the station at 1:54 PM southbound Q trains were running express from Prospect Park to Kings Highway and normal service northbound. The reason that I elected to take the B/9 and B/44 routing as it enabled me to avoid going up and down the stairs at Avenue M, Newkirk Plaza and Sheepshead Bay.

12 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Goose had a broken wing and was stuck. Would have been awfully cruel to let it die there...and I’m not so sure an animal as large as a goose would have had no impact on its offending train. 

Agreed but the way that the NYCT post reads it said "animal", it should have said "injured animal". If I had seen that on the posting my reaction would have more sympathetic as compared with my initial reaction which did not state that it was an injured goose.

3 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Yep.

Service Change

UPDATE:

Service Change

As someone who lives near Dyre Avenue, I'm thankful I bought myself my own car a few months ago. I was able to pick up my mom after she called me about the disaster that's currently ongoing at East 180th Street.