Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

"Parts Suspended"

It would be really nice to know exactly which parts are suspensed.

Might make the difference between, oh, I don't know, waiting with 80 people for the Q32 or taking the train to Queens Plaza.

On the "old" home page, click on Multiple Impacts for the (4), (5) & (6) and you'll get this:

MTA snapshot.png

Edited by +Young+

As per twitter:

(A) Two sections:

1. 207 Street to 168 Street.

2. 42 Street to Lefferts Blvd/Far Rockaway.

(D) service is running from 42nd Street to 161 Street Yankee Stadium only.

(F) trains are alternating between two service pattern:

1. Coney Island to 179 Street via West End, 4th Ave (Local SB, Exp NB), and Broadway.

2. Coney Island to 179 Street via Culver, Crosstown, and Queens Boulevard.

Numbered lines are running all local in Manhattan.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

The (4)(5)(6) service change is a bit inaccurate - it should have said "Uptown (4)(5) trains are running on the local track between Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall to 125th Street." I thought the planned service change for downtown trains was cancelled, but a brief visit to a local station revealed that it still remains in effect.

Based on Subway Time & Observations:

(D) and (F) service is running via the (N) from 36 Street to Coney Island

Some SB (E) trains are running via the (R) from Queens Plaza to 36 Street (Brooklyn), then either via the (D) to 62nd Street, or Bay Ridge-95th Street via the (R) .

Some SB (R) trains are terminating at 9th Avenue on the (D) .

59 minutes ago, Mtatransit said:

Some (F) are running on the (R) between 36 St and Jay St? Then where do they terminate? Do they run on the (N) or (D) 

A bunch went via Sea Beach and West End. There were at least 5 (E)s that ended up on 4th Avenue, one of which went down West End to 62nd (or Stillwell, I've heard it both ways), and one of which went to Bay Ridge (and did express via local 36-59-95). The others, I believe, turned at 9th. 

30 minutes ago, RR503 said:

A bunch went via Sea Beach and West End. There were at least 5 (E)s that ended up on 4th Avenue, one of which went down West End to 62nd (or Stillwell, I've heard it both ways), and one of which went to Bay Ridge (and did express via local 36-59-95). The others, I believe, turned at 9th. 

That (E) in question went NIS past 62nd Street. 

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 07/14/2019  3:52AM 

There are service changes and delays in (1) , (2) and (3) train service because someone was fatally struck by a train at Times Square-42 St.

While emergency teams are on the scene, downtown (1) , (2) and (3) trains will bypass Times Square-42 St.

(3) trains are running on the local track between 96 St and 34 St-Penn Station.

12 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

I seem to remember an unscheduled (F) reroute via Montague during one of those (F) via Broadway/bridge/4th Ave/West End GOs

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

It was late night so I think it had something to do with the bridge...

I remember there was such a reroute when a wall collapsed(?) at DeKalb Avenue. It was in the evening though (not late night). It was that time some (F) and (R) trains were rerouted off Broadway and onto 8th Avenue towards WTC.

15 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I remember there was such a reroute when a wall collapsed(?) at DeKalb Avenue. It was in the evening though (not late night). It was that time some (F) and (R) trains were rerouted off Broadway and onto 8th Avenue towards WTC.

Dosen't the (F) via Broadway go via Montague during late nights or am I confusing it with the (N) ?

EPIC!

MTA Service Status
Multiple Impacts  Posted: 07/15/2019  6:35PM 

(4), (5), and (6) trains are running with delays in both directions because of multiple incidents in lower Manhattan including a train with door problems at Grand Central-42 St, an injured passenger at Wall St, and passenger altercation at Bowling Green. 

Some northbound (5) trains are running on the (2) line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to 149 St-Grand Concourse. 

17 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

EPIC!

MTA Service Status
Multiple Impacts  Posted: 07/15/2019  6:35PM 

(4), (5), and (6) trains are running with delays in both directions because of multiple incidents in lower Manhattan including a train with door problems at Grand Central-42 St, an injured passenger at Wall St, and passenger altercation at Bowling Green. 

Some northbound (5) trains are running on the (2) line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to 149 St-Grand Concourse. 

Lexington - 4th Avenue Line is all sorts of hitting the fan everytime. It can't get its shite together most of the time.

Edited by 4 via Mosholu
Something additional