Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

No. Only (2) trains went via Lex and Bypassed Fulton

That's what the MTA status mentioned, but there tends to be additional service changes (usually a train or two) which are not mentioned, either just to maintain the flow of passengers, or for some other congestion measure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Suspended  Posted: 08/17/2019  2:55PM 

Southbound (D) and (N) trains are ending at Bay 50 St because a train's brakes were activated at Coney Island-Stillwell Av

UPDATE:

Part Suspended  Posted: 08/17/2019  3:14PM 

Southbound (D) and (N) trains are ending at Bay 50 St because a train's brakes were activated at Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

The last stop on some trains will be Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr

Some southbound (N) trains will run on the (R) line from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Bay Ridge-95 St

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I think for yesterday this would have been the best service pattern to cause the least delays .Anytime 7th ave is completely closed off this is what should be done.

(2) regular then via Lex after Atlantic 

(3) regular to Utica  (Maybe to Franklin but I think would cause too many delays with all trains trying to merge) then express till Atlantic last stop

(4) Local Utica to Atlantic then then regular 

(5) regular besides local Franklin to Atlantic 

The above Applies only if (2)(4) and (5) can switch to Lex without having to worry about (3) trains switching to spur track. If the (3) dosent block the others trains path then this is definitely what should be done! With this pattern the (3) has its own track to turn around and not block other trains from proceeding into manhattan. In my opion they should just suspend the (3) and have the (4) run from new lots  but if not this must be done especially during rush.  Yes I know there would be a lot of confusion but at least trains would be moving 

Edited by Abba

1 hour ago, Abba said:

(3) regular to Utica  (Maybe to Franklin but I think would cause too many delays with all trains trying to merge) then express till Atlantic last stop

(4) Local Utica to Atlantic then then regular

Yeah, no. Aside from the whole "short-turned local crossing useless express" issue, the (3) is completely superfluous.

Considering the lower ridership on weekends, trying to have the (3) and (5) in Brooklyn while the (2) and (4) run at a combined 15 tph is utter insanity.

It’s the best they could have done. I know it Dosent make sense. But I saw on transsee.ca that  some 4 trains took 30 minutes from Franklin to Atlantic! That makes no sense ! In the pattern I described there would have been delays but no 30 minutes from those stations.

Instead of my pattern they left the 4 and 5 normal and 2  and 3 needing to cross over after Atlantic. Makes no sense. Or they could have had the 3 just run from New Lots to Utica. I think one train did that . Too make a long story short all I’m saying is that there were too many different moves at Atlantic ave. But I think they weren’t prepared to do the pattern I recommend

Edited by Abba

Part Suspended Posted: 08/20/2019  2:01AM

There are service changes and delays in (7) train service because a person was struck by a train at 46 St-Bliss St.

There is no (7) train service in both directions between Queensboro Plaza and 74 St-Broadway.

See a station agent for a free courtesy pass for continued train or bus service.

The LIRR is accommodating MetroCard holders at no additional charge in both directions from Penn Station, Woodside, and Flushing/Main St.

For service to/from bypassed stations, consider taking the Q53Q60 and Q70-SBS bus.

For service between Manhattan and Queens, consider taking a (E) or (F) train at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

2 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

There's a broken down work train causing problems on the Astoria line. Just in time for work. Lucky my train berthed at QBP, just for it to go out of service. 😑

The train in question was an OOS R46. They crossed it over at Canal about 15 mins ago presumably to send it to city hall yard

M and Q trains have service changes and delays because of a work train experiencing a mechanical problem at 96 St.

M trains are stopping along the B line in both directions between 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center and 145 St. 

There is no Q train service in both directions between 57 St-7 Av and 96 St. 

See a station agent for a courtesy pass for continuing service. 

For stations along 2 Av, use nearby 6 line service along Lexington Av. 

For service to/from Lexington Av-63 St, use the nearby Lexington Av-59 St station.

View Online: https://mymtaalerts.com/m?BC184

Unsubscribe: https://mymtaalerts.com/u?rtypyvp

what in the world is a work train doing there ? Is there a yard there if not it Dosent belong there unless it’s a G.O

@RR503 It took my (E) 17 minutes on the express track from Rego Park to Forest Hills. There was an (F) right in front the whole time. My guess for the issue was the movement of a train to layup. I have seen portions of this maneuver before. A train heads S/B on the S/B Express track and pulls into Forest Hills. A T/O gets in the other cab and uses the switch east of FH to head onto the N/B Express. The train then continues until the first door of the train is at Union Tpke. My (E) got to FH at 9:13 or so. I have seen this maneuver around this time and I saw a T/O in the cab of the layup with the first door at KG. Crossovers at FH would have allowed the train to get around this mess. However, layups like this should not force express service to a halt.

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

@RR503 It took my (E) 17 minutes on the express track from Rego Park to Forest Hills. There was an (F) right in front the whole time. My guess for the issue was the movement of a train to layup. I have seen portions of this maneuver before. A train heads S/B on the S/B Express track and pulls into Forest Hills. A T/O gets in the other cab and uses the switch east of FH to head onto the N/B Express. The train then continues until the first door of the train is at Union Tpke. My (E) got to FH at 9:13 or so. I have seen this maneuver around this time and I saw a T/O in the cab of the layup with the first door at KG. Crossovers at FH would have allowed the train to get around this mess. However, layups like this should not force express service to a halt.

I'm seeing this on the strings -- jeez. You're absolutely right that there needs to be a way to do this that doesn't muck up the shoulder...

(S) Suspended

Franklin Av (S) service is suspended in both directions because of a switch malfunction near Botanic Garden.

Please see a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing bus service.

For alternate service, consider using nearby B48 bus service on Classon Av and Franklin Av. However, this bus line may become crowded, so also consider using nearby B43 bus service.

Find nearby bus stops and bus arrival times at bt.mta.info

Delays  Posted: 08/27/2019  5:25PM

Southbound (2) trains are getting back on schedule after someone spit on a conductor at Simpson St and NYPD responded.

You may experience longer wait times as a result.

Delays  Posted: 08/27/2019  4:43PM

Southbound (E) and (M) trains are proceeding after someone assaulted a conductor at Court Sq-23 St.

Expect residual delays in both directions as we get trains back on schedule.

Slow Speeds  Posted: 08/27/2019  4:55PM

Northbound (F) trains are running at slower speeds in Brooklyn because of a signal problem at Avenue I.

Edited by Jemorie

2 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Delays  Posted: 08/27/2019  5:25PM

Southbound (2) trains are getting back on schedule after someone spit on a conductor at Simpson St and NYPD responded.

You may experience longer wait times as a result.

Delays  Posted: 08/27/2019  4:43PM

Southbound (E) and (M) trains are proceeding after someone assaulted a conductor at Court Sq-23 St.

Expect residual delays in both directions as we get trains back on schedule.

And everyday you hear people making excuses "well if they'd just run the trains on time" "he shouldn't have closed the doors on them" etc etc

2 hours ago, Jsunflyguy said:

And everyday you hear people making excuses "well if they'd just run the trains on time" "he shouldn't have closed the doors on them" etc etc

Sadly so, man. Sadly so.

Delays

Northbound (N) trains are getting back on schedule after NYPD removed someone being disruptive at 8 Av.

Posted: 8/27/19 9:37 PM

This is super late and is no longer relevant as of now, but earlier this morning, because of switch problems at World Trade Center, some (E) trains went over the (C) after West 4th Street to Jay Street - MetroTech. The (MTA) also had rerouted an (E) all the way to Euclid Avenue (as shown on a reply to a user on the tweet). What a rare reroute to happen. 

On 8/27/2019 at 8:16 PM, Jsunflyguy said:

I don’t understand why they don’t just have recessed cameras on the sides of cars covering the doors and monitors in the cab so C/Rs don’t need to open the window to check the platforms.