Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Imagine this:

Due to a track fire at Fulton Street, the following changes are in affect:

Manhattan Bound (4) Trains from Brooklyn are running on the (2) & (3) lines between Nevins Street and 96th Street, then via the (1) Line to 137th Street-City College.

The Last Stop on all Brooklyn Bound (4) Trains from the Bronx will be Brooklyn Bridge City Hall on the (6) Line.

(5) Trains are running on the (2) Line from Nevins Street to 149th Street-Grand Concourse in both directions.

Some (2)(3) trains are running Local between Chambers Street to 96th Street.

There are outraging delays on the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5) and (6) Train Service.

As an alternative use all letter trains plus (7) Train service.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DJLilFace222 said:

Imagine this:

Due to a track fire at Fulton Street, the following changes are in affect:

Manhattan Bound (4) Trains from Brooklyn are running on the (2) & (3) lines between Nevins Street and 96th Street, then via the (1) Line to 137th Street-City College.

The Last Stop on all Brooklyn Bound (4) Trains from the Bronx will be Brooklyn Bridge City Hall on the (6) Line.

(5) Trains are running on the (2) Line from Nevins Street to 149th Street-Grand Concourse in both directions.

Some (2)(3) trains are running Local between Chambers Street to 96th Street.

There are outraging delays on the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5) and (6) Train Service.

As an alternative use all letter trains plus (7) Train service.

Why post that here?

Multiple Impacts

There are service changes and multiple impacts in (B)(D)(N) and (Q) train service because of a signal malfunction at Prospect Park. 

There is no (B) and (Q) train service south of Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr in both directions. 

Northbound (B) trains are stopping along the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr

Northbound (Q) trains are ending at Kings Hwy

Some southbound (N) and (Q) trains are ending at Canal St

Expect delays in both directions. 

Posted: 11/13/19 4:40 PM

While it's not listed here, according to SubwayTime, there are some northbound (Q) running on the (D) line, and strangely enough, some southbound (D) are terminating at Brighton Beach via the West End.

16 minutes ago, CyclonicTrainLookout said:

Multiple Impacts

There are service changes and multiple impacts in (B)(D)(N) and (Q) train service because of a signal malfunction at Prospect Park. 

There is no (B) and (Q) train service south of Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr in both directions. 

Northbound (B) trains are stopping along the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr

Northbound (Q) trains are ending at Kings Hwy

Some southbound (N) and (Q) trains are ending at Canal St

Expect delays in both directions. 

Posted: 11/13/19 4:40 PM

While it's not listed here, according to SubwayTime, there are some northbound (Q) running on the (D) line, and strangely enough, some southbound (D) are terminating at Brighton Beach via the West End.

The Brighton Line's issues seems to stem from Prospect Park a lot. Maybe it's time to replace those switches. On another note, it seems to be that when heavy maintenance begins over a stretch of track, it becomes more vulnerable to breakdowns.

24 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

The Brighton Line's issues seems to stem from Prospect Park a lot. Maybe it's time to replace those switches. On another note, it seems to be that when heavy maintenance begins over a stretch of track, it becomes more vulnerable to breakdowns.

IiUGKDB.jpg

The (B) trains appear to be discharging at Bay Parkway as expected. I can also confirm Manhattan-bound (Q) trains are also running via West End. My train terminated on track 4. I'm not sure if any of the other ones are being used for through service.

Edited by CenSin

26 minutes ago, Lex said:

I completely forgot about the Sea Beach work, hence the attempt at shoving three (basically two, given the circumstances) routes down West End...

(B) trains ran express, but still had to contend with the bottleneck between 36 Street and 9 Avenue. They could have prevented a lot of delay by running the (Q) and (B) via 4 Avenue express, leaving DeKalb Avenue and 4 Avenue local to the (N) to save everyone else the grief. The delays would be isolated to Brighton and West End as much as possible. Instead, the (Q) trains went 4 Avenue local. They bundled up the entirely of Brighton and 4 Avenue into one nasty package for commuters.

Edited by CenSin

I was traveling on west end. Pretty major delays northbound from 9th Avenue to  Barclays . 4th ave express was backed up from 36th to at least Atlantic. I got off at 36th for the (R) cause was suspicious would be big delay i was right ! We passed 3 express trains! Was crazy . Also i have a video of Some chaos at Barclays . Maybe I’ll post it later on .  

42 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Didn't anyone considered the (2) and (5) as alternatives? They are a few blocks or so away from the Brighton Line.

Imagine those crowds adding onto the already-crowded (2), (3), (4) and (5) with some spilling over into the (S) for Prospect Park/Parkside Avenue.

The Brighton Line is in serious need of some kind of redundancy whether it’s another parallel Brooklyn trunk or another pipe into Manhattan south of Prospect Park.

4 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Didn't anyone considered the (2) and (5) as alternatives? They are a few blocks or so away from the Brighton Line.

Going at Franklin Av today from Barclays Center. *A (2)  and (5) both arrived and extra crowds covered both trains to Avenue H (Flatbush Av is the terminal but a walk to the (Q) station). Other passengers at Franklin Av have to wait for the next trains to arrive in 5 mins.  

Before the (5) was crowded arriving at Franklin Av, there was a (5) with a crowd but ended up taking the one that arrived b/c it was a scheduled train to Crown Hts-Utica 

Edited by Calvin

6 hours ago, CyclonicTrainLookout said:

Those are (B) trains. They just show up like that on Subway Time.

Yeah, I’m sure yesterday was a total hell hole on the entire (B), (D), (N), (Q), and (R) lines as well as the Brooklyn IRT (discounting the New Lots Branch east of Franklin Avenue) and the Franklin Shuttle.

@Abba, south of Kings Hwy on the Brighton Line are crossover switches for short-turning (Q) trains from Coney Island to use. You can not terminate them at Kings Hwy on the Sea Beach Line.