Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

14 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

12-9 at 20 Avenue (N) in Bensonhurst has FUBARed the line. N trains are being turned at 9 Avenue (D), Whitehall Street-South Ferry (R)(W), or Bay Ridge-95 Street (R). Alternate service via the B9 (8 Avenue to 20 Avenue) or crosstown buses from the (D) or (F).

And on top of that, you have the (N) taking 30 minutes going thru the 60 St tunnel due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza and some (W) trains going to 96 St. Not a good day to ride on the (N)

why can’t the trains end at 59 St like they did when Sea Beach was closed for sandy Flood restoration right after the hurricane or run thru West End to Bay Parkway

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

And on top of that, you have the (N) taking 30 minutes going thru the 60 St tunnel due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza and some (W) trains going to 96 St. Not a good day to ride on the (N)

why can’t the trains end at 59 St like they did when Sea Beach was closed for sandy Flood restoration right after the hurricane or run thru West End to Bay Parkway

Probably an issue of where the power had to be cut. I'm surprised that some (N) trains didn't go to Bay Parkway (West End).

Running express southbound on the (D) from 62 Street due to a stalled train with mechanical problems several stations ahead!

EDIT 1 (6:11): no train at Bay Parkway across the platform. Problem must be further down.

EDIT 2 (6:12): local stops announced. Train must have recovered already.

Edited by CenSin

7 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Probably a major gap in (R) service.

Brighton had its own troubles with service gaps. 3 (Q)s and 3 (B)s were coming down the bridge bunched together. From what i could see, the trains came through DeKalb Avenue like this: (N), (D) (bypass), (N) (bypass), (Q), (Q), (B), (B), (Q). I was on that first (N) and then the first (Q).

That first (B) never caught the first (Q) and never got a lead over the second (Q). From what I could tell, the (B) train operator was (proverbially) dragging his feet getting the train into stations. That (B) was as good as a local.

40 minutes ago, CenSin said:

Brighton had its own troubles with service gaps. 3 (Q)s and 3 (B)s were coming down the bridge bunched together. From what i could see, the trains came through DeKalb Avenue like this: (N), (D) (bypass), (N) (bypass), (Q), (Q), (B), (B), (Q). I was on that first (N) and then the first (Q).

That first (B) never caught the first (Q) and never got a lead over the second (Q). From what I could tell, the (B) train operator was (proverbially) dragging his feet getting the train into stations. That (B) was as good as a local.

Wow. That's got to be one of the worst services ever provided. The (B) and (Q) each should have never came in pairs or triplets like that. It should have been (Q), (B), (Q), (B), (Q) instead of two (Q)s, two (B)s, and a (Q).

And don't get me started on the slow (B) express. For a line that does not have any timers along its express run in Brooklyn (save for the approach/leaving Brighton Beach), that kind of operation is just a big no-no.

Express to Local  Posted: 12/23/2019  6:57PM

There are delays and multiple impacts in (E) and (F) train service while our crews work to move a train with mechanical problems at 36 St (Qns)

Southbound (E) trains are running local from Forest Hills-71 Av to Queens Plaza

Southbound (F) trains are running local from Forest Hills-71 Av to 21 St-Queensbridge

Expect significant delays in the Queens corridor in both directions. 

Delays  Posted: 12/23/2019  6:56PM

Expect significantly longer wait times for (M) and (R) trains in both directions as they share the track with (E) and (F) trains while our crews work to move a train with mechanical problems at 36 St (Qns).

Not Mentioned:

Select NB (E) and (F) trains are running local in Queens.

Some SB (N) trains are running on the (R) from 14th Street to Atlantic Avenue. 

Some SB (E) trains are terminating at Queens Plaza.

Some Forest Hills bound(M) trains are running on the (F) between Rockefeller Center and 36th Street.

Some SB (R) trains are running express in Queens.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, Jemorie said:

And don't get me started on the slow (B) express. For a line that does not have any timers along its express run in Brooklyn (save for the approach/leaving Brighton Beach), that kind of operation is just a big no-no.

Even with the R68s, I've found the (B) to still be rather fast as an express (save for SB heading towards Avenue H). 

32 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Even with the R68s, I've found the (B) to still be rather fast as an express (save for SB heading towards Avenue H). 

Oh don’t get me wrong. It’s a pretty fast express. It just depends on the T/O in question. Same with the other expresses in the system.

4 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Oh don’t get me wrong. It’s a pretty fast express. It just depends on the T/O in question. Same with the other expresses in the system.

The only consistent fast place to me is Chambers-96 on the (2)(3) . 6th between West 4th and 34th also feels rather fast at times.

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 12/24/2019  5:54PM

There are delays and service changes on (E)(F)(M)(R) trains because someone was struck by a train at Woodhaven Blvd.

Forest Hills-bound (M) trains currently in Brooklyn and Manhattan will end at Chambers St. Trains north of Chambers St will end at 96 St/2 Av on the (Q) line or will run express from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Forest Hills-bound (R) trains will end at 96 St/2 Av or will run express from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Jamaica-bound (E) and (F) trains are running on their regular routes, but with delays caused by the additional trains on the express track along Queens Boulevard.

3 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 12/24/2019  5:54PM

There are delays and service changes on (E)(F)(M)(R) trains because someone was struck by a train at Woodhaven Blvd.

Forest Hills-bound (M) trains currently in Brooklyn and Manhattan will end at Chambers St. Trains north of Chambers St will end at 96 St/2 Av on the (Q) line or will run express from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Forest Hills-bound (R) trains will end at 96 St/2 Av or will run express from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Jamaica-bound (E) and (F) trains are running on their regular routes, but with delays caused by the additional trains on the express track along Queens Boulevard.

You have got to be kidding me...

There is no local (M) or (R) service in either direction between Queens Plaza & Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av so NYPD & EMS can respond to a person who was struck by a train at 46 St.

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 12/24/2019  9:37PM

There is significantly reduced service on the (E) , (F) , (M) and (R) lines between Queens and Manhattan as emergency teams are responding to someone that was struck by a train at 46 St.

Some Jamaica Center-bound (E) trains are ending at Queens Plaza.

Some 179 St-bound (F) trains are ending at 21 St-Queensbridge.

Some 71 Av-bound (M) and (R) trains are running along the (Q) line from Lexington Av-63 St and ending at 96 St-2 Av.

(M) and (R) trains are running on the express tracks in both directions between Queens Plaza and Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.

See a station agent for a courtesy pass to continue your trip and go to http://bt.mta.info for real-time bus arrival information.
Follow this link for a map of nearby bus routes: http://bit.ly/3769qAX

Delays  Posted: 12/24/2019  9:10PM

Expect delays in (E) and (F) trains while (M) and (R) trains are sharing the express track in both directions between Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av and Queens Plaza because someone was struck by a train at 46 St.

41 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

There is no local (M) or (R) service in either direction between Queens Plaza & Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av so NYPD & EMS can respond to a person who was struck by a train at 46 St.

This is unbelievable how? 46 St is between those 2 stations, you need to shut off power on multiple tracks to deal with 12-9s generally, and the shortest possible diversion is from...Queens Plaza to Roosevelt.  

58 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Well, you know...those silly Cops and Firefighters...always going on about not being electrocuted or hit by other trains as the Crew, Supervision and EMS play everyone's favorite game: 'Find All The Teeth', it always drags out since the person's shoes always seem to fly off in  random directions. 

Edited by Jsunflyguy

1 hour ago, RR503 said:

This is unbelievable how? 46 St is between those 2 stations, you need to shut off power on multiple tracks to deal with 12-9s generally, and the shortest possible diversion is from...Queens Plaza to Roosevelt.  

I was referring to that there were 2 12-9's on Queens Blvd in the span of 3 hours, that's why I quoted BM5's post...

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 12/28/19 11:24 PM

There are delays and multiple impacts in (E) train service as emergency teams are responding to someone that was struck by a train at Jamaica-Van Wyck.

There is no (E) train service in both directions between Briarwood and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer.

(E) trains are running on the (F) line between Briarwood and Jamaica-179 St.

See a station agent and receive a courtesy pass for continuing service.

Consider taking nearby Q20, Q24, Q43, Q44-SBS and Q60 bus service.

Part Suspended  Posted: 12/28/19 11:40 PM

There is no (D) train service between Bay Pkwy and Coney Island-Stillwell Av because of a stalled train at Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

For service to/from bypassed stations, consider taking a B6, B64 or B82 bus. 

UPDATE:

Part Suspended  Posted: 12/28/19 11:45 PM

There is no (Q) train service between Prospect Park and Coney Island-Stillwell Av while emergency teams respond to multiple people who were struck by a train at Avenue U.

As an alternative, consider taking the B41B48 and B68 buses. See nearby buses at bustime.mta.info

Based on Subway Time:

Some SB (Q) trains are running via the (R) from DeKalb Avenue to Atlantic Avenue, then via the (D) to Coney Island (if they can get there). 

Update from above: 

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 12/29/2019  1:47AM

There are delays and multiple impacts to (Q) train service while emergency teams conduct an investigation after multiple people were struck by a train at Avenue U.

Northbound (Q) trains are running on the (D) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Southbound (Q) trains have resumed regular service and making all station stops.

As an alternative, consider taking the B41B49 and B68 buses. See nearby buses at bustime.mta.info