Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

1 hour ago, Maxwell179 said:

Multiple Impacts

There are delays and multiple impacts to (E)(F)(M)(R)(W) service while our crews work to correct an issue at the Forest Hills-71 Av terminal.

(M)(R) trains are delayed entering and leaving the terminal, which means there is very limited (R) train service to Bay Ridge and (M) train service to Middle Village.

(W) trains are running to Bay Ridge-95 St to provide local service in Brooklyn.

Posted: 1/22/20 5:50 PM

Bedbugs in Continental Tower is why.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Maxwell179 said:

Multiple Impacts

There are delays and multiple impacts to (E)(F)(M)(R)(W) service while our crews work to correct an issue at the Forest Hills-71 Av terminal.

(M)(R) trains are delayed entering and leaving the terminal, which means there is very limited (R) train service to Bay Ridge and (M) train service to Middle Village.

(W) trains are running to Bay Ridge-95 St to provide local service in Brooklyn.

Posted: 1/22/20 5:50 PM

3 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

(R) to 179 and (M) to essex or 96/2. Twitter says a tower issue. LIRR cross honoring. 

2 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

Bedbugs in Continental Tower is why.

Wow

Multiple Impacts

There are delays and multiple impacts to EFMRW service after our crews corrected an issue at the Forest Hills-71 Av terminal.

M and R trains are gradually resuming regular service. 

However, some Forest Hills-bound M trains will end at Chambers St on the J line, and some will run on the Q line to 96 St.

Some W trains are running to Bay Ridge-95 St to provide additional local service in Brooklyn.

The LIRR is accommodating MetroCard holders at no additional charge in both directions at Penn Station, Woodside, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Atlantic, Nostrand, East New York and Jamaica.

Posted: 1/22/20 8:09 PM

They cleared the cross honoring note a little while ago.

Local to Express  Posted: 01/25/2020  1:47PM

Northbound (6) trains are running express from Parkchester to Pelham Bay Park because a train's brakes were activated near Pelham Bay Park.

Expect delays in both directions.

For service to/from bypassed stations, take a southbound (6) train.

Some northbound (6) trains will end at Parkchester or Westchester Sq-East Tremont Av.

Delays  Posted: 01/25/2020  2:18PM

Some southbound (4) and (5) trains are running on the local track from 125 St to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall because of a gap in (6) service.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Part Suspended

There is no (4)(5) or (6) service in either direction between 86 St and Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall while we remove third rail power to allow NYPD and EMS to safely respond to a deceased person on the express track near Bleecker St.

For service to/from affected stations, see a station agent for a courtesy pass to continue your trip via nearby buses or subway lines.

Posted: 1/26/20 6:07 PM

2 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Part Suspended

There is no (4)(5) or (6) service in either direction between 86 St and Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall while we remove third rail power to allow NYPD and EMS to safely respond to a deceased person on the express track near Bleecker St.

For service to/from affected stations, see a station agent for a courtesy pass to continue your trip via nearby buses or subway lines.

did they get hit by the train ?

8 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Part Suspended

Person got hit by an express. DOA. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, there is an (N) train ahead of us at Grand Street, that took the wrong lineup. We will be moving shortly, thank you for your patience."

It's an R68 so I actually thought it was a (D) when it passed us at DeKalb. I guess they can send it to 96th Street and then back down Broadway.

Edited by P3F

5 hours ago, P3F said:

"Ladies and gentlemen, there is an (N) train ahead of us at Grand Street, that took the wrong lineup. We will be moving shortly, thank you for your patience."

It's an R68 so I actually thought it was a (D) when it passed us at DeKalb. I guess they can send it to 96th Street and then back down Broadway.

Wow. That is definitely a first for me. I’ve never experienced it much less heard of a train taking the wrong line-up.

11 hours ago, P3F said:

Was this an announcement from RCC or the train crew you were on ? If it's the former it's TMI, IMO, and if it's the latter it's very unprofessional. A simple "train traffic ahead" was all that was necessary in this case. I've been directly behind a train in the same situation and  neither my C/R, myself, nor any onboard supervisor who trained our generation would condone such an announcement. Of course times have changed. I've heard a console dispatcher talk about a bomb scare instead of the usual "suspicious package" on the radio and everyone within earshot, train and platform, heard what he said while my train was stopped at Grand Central in the pm rush. I chalked it up to "no brains" when I heard it. When I spoke to him about later he said that the announcement was for the train crews and not the public. I pointed out that we train crews didn't have to play the announcement trainline because anyone pressed against our cab doors or with a scanner could hear anything transmitted to us and that our cabs weren't soundproof. As I've pointed out before, "common sense ain't so common any more". BTW are railfans still using scanners ? Carry on.

58 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Was this an announcement from RCC or the train crew you were on ? If it's the former it's TMI, IMO, and if it's the latter it's very unprofessional. A simple "train traffic ahead" was all that was necessary in this case. I've been directly behind a train in the same situation and  neither my C/R, myself, nor any onboard supervisor who trained our generation would condone such an announcement. Of course times have changed. I've heard a console dispatcher talk about a bomb scare instead of the usual "suspicious package" on the radio and everyone within earshot, train and platform, heard what he said while my train was stopped at Grand Central in the pm rush. I chalked it up to "no brains" when I heard it. When I spoke to him about later he said that the announcement was for the train crews and not the public. I pointed out that we train crews didn't have to play the announcement trainline because anyone pressed against our cab doors or with a scanner could hear anything transmitted to us and that our cabs weren't soundproof. As I've pointed out before, "common sense ain't so common any more". BTW are railfans still using scanners ? Carry on.

The announcement was made multiple times over the regular P/A system. No scanners or eavesdropping involved.

.wow an (N) took a wrong lineup! How did that happen? Shouldn’t the train operators first check with RCC to see if they should take the lineup?

What happened today at 96th st on 7th ave. Don’t tell me a switch problem halted service on all 3 lines. Sounds more like a signal problem .

2 hours ago, Abba said:

.wow an (N) took a wrong lineup! How did that happen? Shouldn’t the train operators first check with RCC to see if they should take the lineup?

What happened today at 96th st on 7th ave. Don’t tell me a switch problem halted service on all 3 lines. Sounds more like a signal problem .

It was a switch a problem. And btw it's not unheard of a switch problem to knock out all lines in a section. I've seen it happen numerous of times so just because you don't believe it, it doesn't mean it hasn't happened before.