Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 02/15/2020  1:52PM

There is no southbound (A)  and (C) service between Manhattan and Brooklyn while our crews repair a broken rail at Jay St-MetroTech.

Some southbound (A) and (C) trains are running on the (F) line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to 2 Av, the last stop.

Other southbound (A) trains will end at 59 St-Columbus Circle or World Trade Center.

Expect extensive delays in southbound service.

15 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 02/15/2020  1:52PM

There is no southbound (A)  and (C) service between Manhattan and Brooklyn while our crews repair a broken rail at Jay St-MetroTech.

Some southbound (A) and (C) trains are running on the (F) line from W 4 St-Wash Sq to 2 Av, the last stop.

Other southbound (A) trains will end at 59 St-Columbus Circle or World Trade Center.

Expect extensive delays in southbound service.

A (C) sat for 20 min at 168th. I was on it...

49 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

Aren't both Broadway lines BMT? 😋

The IRT one is the (1) above 42nd Street. Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems very rare that anyone refers to the (J) between Marcy Av and Broadway Junction as a BMT Broadway Line.

Edited by P3F

10 hours ago, P3F said:

The IRT one is the (1) above 42nd Street. Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems very rare that anyone refers to the (J) between Marcy Av and Broadway Junction as a BMT Broadway Line.

😁 Unless you’re an old timer from Bushwick, Brownsville, or part of Bed-Stuy. When we said Broadway we meant the elevated line running from Bridge Plaza to Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn. When I moved to Flatbush the folks I knew never called Brighton, Sea Beach, West End, or 4th Avenue trains Broadway trains when they entered Manhattan. I think my generation picked up the names from our elders. For example my older family members never referred to the (A) or it’s local counterparts as the IND Fulton St. line. It was always called the 8th Avenue subway. The reason why was simple if you think about it. The BMT Fulton el ran in their neighborhood before the subway was constructed. Same applies to the BMT Lexington Avenue el. I guess it’s just a neighborhood and generation thing. Look at this post and notice how how I refer to the BMT Southern division lines. Those lines were known by names and/or numbers in my youth. Same applies to the BMT Eastern division. My younger years were #14, #15, and #16 trains before I moved to Flatbush ( Lefferts Garden ) and the Brighton was #1 and #7 before the BMT went to lettered lines. Just my recollections. BTW the BMT Broadway Short line, #14, never ran on Broadway in Manhattan. Carry on.

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 02/23/2020  1:33AM

There are delays and multiple impacts to (F) and (M) train service because of a work train with mechanical problems at 57 St.

Southbound (F) trains are running on the (M) line from 36 St (Queens) to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr.

There is temporarily no (M) train service between 34 St-Herald Sq and 96 St-2 Av in both directions.

21 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Multiple Impacts  Posted: 02/23/2020  1:33AM

There are delays and multiple impacts to (F) and (M) train service because of a work train with mechanical problems at 57 St.

Southbound (F) trains are running on the (M) line from 36 St (Queens) to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr.

There is temporarily no (M) train service between 34 St-Herald Sq and 96 St-2 Av in both directions.

Express to Local  Posted: 02/23/2020  1:49AM

Southbound (D) trains are running on the local track from 34 St-Herald Sq to W 4 St-Wash Sq while we address a work train with a mechanical problem at 34 St-Herald Sq

19 minutes ago, Deucey said:

(N) running express for the rest of the day bc broken rail. 

This is confusing. What is the issue specifically? (R) and (W) trains seem to be making the stop just fine according to the stringlines. Switch problem at 34 Street–Herald Square?

Edited by CenSin

8 minutes ago, CenSin said:

This is confusing. What is the issue specifically? (R) and (W) trains seem to be making the stop just fine according to the stringlines. Switch problem at 34 Street–Herald Square?

I think the issue is with the middle part of the switch at 34th St, so in order to minimize disruption they're just running the (N) express from 57th St. 

11 minutes ago, CenSin said:

broken rail on the switch the (N) uses to go to the express track 

Edited by Maxwell179

Express to Local  Posted: 02/28/2020  2:17PM

Southbound (4) and (5) trains are running on the local track from 125 St to 42 St-Grand Central while NYPD and FDNY respond to someone fatally struck by a train near 68 St.

Some southbound (5) trains are running on the (2) line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Southbound (4) and (5) trains will arrive on upper level at 86 St and 59 St.

Delays  Posted: 02/28/2020  2:20PM

Expect longer waits for (6) trains as we send (4) and (5) trains on the local track while FDNY and FDNY respond to someone fatally struck by a train on the express track near 68 St.

Trains Rerouted  Posted: 02/29/2020 12:47AM

Coney Island-bound (D) trains are running on the (F) line from West 4 St-Washington Square to Coney Island-Stillwell Av because of a work train experiencing a mechanical problem on the Manhattan Bridge.

For bypassed stations, take a Bronx-bound (D) train.

BTW, this is a lie, and they're running (D) trains down 8th Ave and into Brooklyn. There's a GO making SB (F) and (G) trains run express from Smith-9th Streets to Church Ave, bypassing 4 Ave-9th Street. Go figure.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

On 2/29/2020 at 12:59 AM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Trains Rerouted  Posted: 02/29/2020 12:47AM

Coney Island-bound (D) trains are running on the (F) line from West 4 St-Washington Square to Coney Island-Stillwell Av because of a work train experiencing a mechanical problem on the Manhattan Bridge.

For bypassed stations, take a Bronx-bound (D) train.

BTW, this is a lie, and they're running (D) trains down 8th Ave and into Brooklyn. There's a GO making SB (F) and (G) trains run express from Smith-9th Streets to Church Ave, bypassing 4 Ave-9th Street. Go figure.

If you're going by what SubwayTime was saying then take it with a grain of salt. For some reason everytime there's an incident causing the (D) Trains to run via Culver, SubwayTime for whatever reason always has it programmed to run via 8th Avenue when it actually doesn't. 

This happened earlier;

PART SUSPENDED 

There are multiple delays and service changes on the (L) line in both directions due to a water main break at Bedford Av.

There is no (L) service in both directions between 1st Av Myrtle Av. (L) trains will board at the Canarsie-bound platform at 1st Av & 3rd Av.

Some 8th Av-bound(L) trains will operate over the (J) line making express stops from Broadway Junction and end at Chambers St.