Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

One thing I've noticed about you is that you tend to push for extremes over things that (probably) don't remotely justify such.

I honestly doubt that politics played any role in this, and as such, I would only support prosecution that grave if a political motive can be credibly established.

If the police would release the name of the person apprehended, one could glean some information on that before long. That said, one could start with felony criminal mischief and attempted manslaughter. I find it hard for the MTA to pin this one on the train operator.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lex said:

One thing I've noticed about you is that you tend to push for extremes over things that (probably) don't remotely justify such.

I honestly doubt that politics played any role in this, and as such, I would only support prosecution that grave if a political motive can be credibly established.

Hold on. 

So a whole train gets ripped apart from someone f**king around and you don't expect whoever did this to get (the maximum) sentence possible. And how come it has to be political?

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Hold on. 

So a whole train gets ripped apart from someone f**king around and you don't expect whoever did this to get (the maximum) sentence possible. And how come it has to be political?

Did you read the post before mine, or did you only see mine and immediately deduce that I somehow don't want the perp to face justice?

Edited by Lex

5 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

If the police would release the name of the person apprehended, one could glean some information on that before long.

At the risk of a worse derailment than what the people on that train experienced, I must say that I can hear that dog whistle.

I haven't completely ruled out the possibility that it can be considered a terrorist attack, but the nature of the incident (not the outcome) leads me to think that the motive is nowhere near that serious.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

At the risk of a worse derailment than what the people on that train experienced, I must say that I can hear that dog whistle.

I haven't completely ruled out the possibility that it can be considered a terrorist attack, but the nature of the incident (not the outcome) leads me to think that the motive is nowhere near that serious.

Well, people are saying he was laughing hilariously, at least from what I've read. That probably can indicate a terrorist attack, but there are other things that we shouldn't rule out either.

39 minutes ago, Infamous85 said:

I get the feeling that this person was mental, I seriously doubt a terrorist would have stood around laughing.

15 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

IINM, he was homeless.

The person was homeless, there was a youtube video (which was posted from another thread) about a guy going on a rant saying that the Homeless should be jailed or put in controlled environments. Then again, the wording of how he speaks is sorta vague and could mean any homeless that acts disorderly. 

11 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Someone clamped a plank onto the tracks, and was arrested for it. Such should be prosecuted as an act of terrorism.

5 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

And how come it has to be political?

Terrorism is an actual legal concept. Namely, it has to involve the following:

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

We live in a country with an actual legal system instead of mob justice, and there is pretty clearly no "political or social objective" with some crazy person throwing shit in front of an oncoming train, let alone "beyond reasonable doubt" levels of certainty of this kind of intent.

Maybe I'm asking too much on a forum full of armchair transit enthusiasts, myself included, but maybe people should educate themselves on other things instead of thinking their "expertness" in some domain automatically transfers to other things in their life.

The article (I think it’s been updated through the day) says that the MTA already determined that the metal plates were properly secured, so crews are not to blame for this guy getting his hands on them. If anything, that just makes me more concerned that “ secured construction materials” are apparently still easily stolen by homeless people.  And he seems to have a whole bunch of them, because it says some Good Samaritan actually got a few off the tracks before the train derailed. Yeesh. 

2 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

The article (I think it’s been updated through the day) says that the MTA already determined that the metal plates were properly secured, so crews are not to blame for this guy getting his hands on them. If anything, that just makes me more concerned that “ secured construction materials” are apparently still easily stolen by homeless people.  And he seems to have a whole bunch of them, because it says some Good Samaritan actually got a few off the tracks before the train derailed. Yeesh. 

He has a history of causing havoc in the transit system. He has been arrested several times now, and at least once before, he hurled something at a bus. Obviously he's not mentally stable, but he isn't being treated and is repeatedly being released back into society with no treatment. Failure of this administration to address these sorts of problems.

13 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

He has a history of causing havoc in the transit system. He has been arrested several times now, and at least once before, he hurled something at a bus. Obviously he's not mentally stable, but he isn't being treated and is repeatedly being released back into society with no treatment. Failure of this administration to address these sorts of problems.

What a surprise...that Darius guy hijacked, what, 30 different trains and buses and kept getting back into the system?

And now all the money that could have been spent on treatment and monitoring of this guy is gonna be used to repair this damage. What a waste and embarrassment 

28 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

What a surprise...that Darius guy hijacked, what, 30 different trains and buses and kept getting back into the system?

And now all the money that could have been spent on treatment and monitoring of this guy is gonna be used to repair this damage. What a waste and embarrassment 

And the $800 million squandered *cough* (STOLEN) by Thrive...  <_< De Blasio and his wife laughing to the bank... 

On 9/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, Lex said:

While I take him to be an extremist, I also believe he says the shit that he does, to try to garner some sick form of acceptance from at least somebody on here... Kind of like the reserved kid that starts bullying people all of a sudden, to be down with the cool kids.... That type of motherf***er.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Hold on. 

Lol... Well hell, who's to say charging this guy with a terroristic act is the maximum of anything this a**hole can suffer...... I mean, f*** it - quite sure we all can think of something more (physically and psychologically) detrimental to this muttley snickering, heinous jacka** responsible for this train ending up getting derailed.....

23 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

Terrorism is an actual legal concept. Namely, it has to involve the following:

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

We live in a country with an actual legal system instead of mob justice, and there is pretty clearly no "political or social objective" with some crazy person throwing shit in front of an oncoming train, let alone "beyond reasonable doubt" levels of certainty of this kind of intent.

Something else (the word) terrorism is, is something that's been bastardized to that of a mere buzzword.... (Having been) terrorized & victimized are used interchangeably with zero regard for nuance (which you've clearly conveyed by posting the CFR here) by people in general.... The feeling of terror is synonymous with fear..... Fear is often a feeling/emotion that a victim is predisposed to.... Hence, people's loose usage of terrorism.

Edited by B35 via Church

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Budget cuts starting early?

Delays

Expect longer waits for ‌(6) trains in both directions after we canceled trains prior to their departure.

Find departure times at mta.info.

If they are having an issue with crews being short why don't they make a new exam for both T/O's and C/O's?

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

If they are having an issue with crews being short why don't they make a new exam for both T/O's and C/O's?

They're not even done with the old list. They can't just create a new exam out of nowhere without exhausting the old one. Also, with the financial troubles, I'm sure they're not going to hire anyone new (more benefits, etc.). People in RTO are worried about their job security as it stands. 

Edited by danielhg121

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 10/12/2020 11:31PM

Because of a signal malfunction at Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (A) train service in either direction between Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd and Rockaway Blvd.

Lefferts Blvd-bound (A) trains are ending at Euclid Av.

For service to/from 104 St111 St , and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd, see a station and request a courtesy pass for continuing service.

Consider taking nearby Q8 or Q112 bus service.

Does this mean that (6) trains are going straight through the downtown track at Brooklyn Bridge and into the loop without stopping, and stopping once it gets to the other side?

SERVICE CHANGE  Posted: 10/20/2020  4:09PM

Brooklyn Bridge-bound (6) will arrive and depart from the Bronx-bound platform at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall while we perform urgent station maintenance.

Transfers to Brooklyn-bound ‌‌‌(4) and (5)‌ trains are still available at ‌Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall‌, but the most direct transfer to express service is across the platform at 14 St-Union Sq.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Part Suspended

There are multiple impacts to (N) , (Q) , and (R) train service while emergency teams are responding to someone who was struck by a train at 14 St-Union Sq.

There is no (N) and (Q) train service between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

For stations between Whitehall St and 28 St, consider using nearby (4) and (6) trains.

Some Whitehall St-bound (R) trains are rerouted onto the (F) line from 36 St in Queens and ending at 2 Av where they will turn back to Queens for service.

For service between Manhattan and Brooklyn, consider taking (2)(3)(A)(C) or (F)  trains.

Posted: 10/25/20 2:13 PM

SUSPENDED  Posted: 10/29/2020  8:02PM

There are delays and/or reroutes in (F) , (N) , (Q) , (R) and (W) train service while emergency teams respond to falling debris from a building on West 57th St between Sixth and Seventh Avenues. 

(F) trains are bypassing 57 St in both directions.

(N) , (Q) and (R) trains are bypassing 57 St-7 Av in both directions.

There is no (W) train service between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and Whitehall St-South Ferry in both directions.

DELAYS  Posted: 10/29/2020  8:19PM

There are delays and/or reroutes in (E) (F) and (G) train service while emergency teams respond to falling debris from a building on West 57th St between Sixth and Seventh Avenues.

(F) trains are bypassing 57 St in both directions.

Some (F) trains are running on the (G) line between Court Sq-23 St and Bergen St.

Some (F) trains are running on the (E) line between 36 St and W 4 St-Wash Sq

Not Mentioned on the MTA Site

• Some NB (R) trains are running on the (B) between DeKalb Ave and West 4th Street, then via the (M) line to Queens Plaza
Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

There are shortage of crews at this time on the (4) and (E) trains

Expect longer waits for 4 trains in the Bronx. We are running as much service as we can with the crews we have available. Consider taking nearby D trains for direct service to/from Manhattan.

Expect longer waits for E trains. We are running as much service as we can with the crews we have available. In Queens, consider taking F trains for direct service to/from Manhattan.

11/1/20 4:16 PM

Edited by Calvin

5 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Two derailments occured today, one on the (N) line near Atlantic Ave-Barclays Ctr. and the (B) near ‌DeKalb Av and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr. 

(N) trains were rerouted on the (Q) line earlier.  

One of the derailments to my knowledge was a work train, (B) trains right now are rerouted via West End to Coney Island, then switch onto the (N) platform and continue to Brighton Beach to terminate. I don't know if they are basically running a loop though.