Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Guest lance25

Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Recommended Posts

A partial building collpase has suspended (L) service between Bushwick Av and Lorimer St while the (M) is skipping Myrtle Av/Wyckoff in both directions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second person struck by a train today. There was a person struck by a train at 14th Street on the 7th Ave Line a few hours earlier.

 

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 11/08/2020  7:26PM

(7) train service is part-suspended in both directions while emergency teams respond to someone who was struck by a train at 40 St-Lowery St.

There is no (7) service between Queensboro Plaza and Woodside-61 St in both directions.

For service to/from stations between Queensboro Plaza and Woodside-61 St, consider using the  (E) , (F) , (R) trains, or see a station agent to request a free courtesy pass for Q32 bus service. See bus alternatives at this link: https://twitter.com/NYCTSubway/status/1325594148267823104?s=20 

Expect extensive delays to (7) service in both directions.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Queens-bound (A) trains are running on the local track from Broadway Junction to Euclid Av while we are unable to move track switches at Broadway Junction.

Expect delays in (C) service as they share the track with these rerouted trains.

Posted: 11/12/20 7:07 PM

I still don't understand this, is there no one staffing the tower or is the switch broken? Normally if its the latter they say switch problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

(N) and (R) trains are holding in stations in both directions between Queens and Manhattan because a malfunctioning signal activated multiple trains' brakes at Queensboro Plaza.

For service between Queens and Manhattan, take (7), (E) and (F) trains.

Posted: 11/14/20 12:46 PM

This is the 4th problem in the vicinity of Queensboro Plaza the past week alone. Clearly there's an issue here...

Edited by Lawrence St

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

This is the 4th problem in the vicinity of Queensboro Plaza the past week alone. Clearly there's an issue here...

And there was a small incident as well during Thursday’s PM rush when I took the train. On the (N) Astoria-bound, the train was going almost 60MPH thru the 60 St tube and once the train was approaching the split where the (R) diverges to Queens Blvd, the train was still doing about 40MPH and suddenly came to a dead stop. I think it’s the signal that is just past the split, in the outdoor portion just before the crossover, hence why only (N) trains seem to be getting caught. I thought it was a subway car issue related to the R46s and maybe their inability to go up the slope to Queensboro Plaza anymore, because it was those trains getting caught in the earlier incidents, but I was completely wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(4)(5) and (6) trains are rerouted and delayed while emergency teams are responding to someone who was struck by a train at 33 St.   

Bronx-bound (5) trains are running from Bowling Green via the (1) line to Chambers St, making (2) line stops to 149 St-Grand Concourse.  

(6) service is partially suspended south of Grand Central-42 St. 

(4) trains are holding in stations in Manhattan. 

Posted: 11/15/20 3:52 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 11/17/2020  1:09PM

(7) , (N) , (R) and (W) service is disrupted in Manhattan and Queens while our crews perform emergency switch maintenance near Queensboro Plaza.

(7) Trains

There is no service between Times Sq-42 St and Queensboro Plaza.

There is limited service between Queensboro Plaza and 74 St-Broadway. Many 34 St-bound (7) trains will end at 74 St-Broadway.

Limited shuttle train service is running between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Times Sq-42 St.

(N)(W) Trains

There is no service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in either direction.

(R) Trains

Northbound (R) trains are running on the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to Lexington Av/63 St and then on the (F) line to 36 St (Queens).

There is no northbound service at 5 Av/59 St, Lexington Av/59 St or Queens Plaza.

Alternatives

For service between Manhattan and Queens, consider taking (E) , (F) or rerouted (R) trains.

Q32 and Q60 buses also offer service between the Upper East Side and Queens.

LIRR is allowing MetroCard holders to board at no additional cost at Penn Station, Woodside, and Main St.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 11/17/2020  1:09PM

(7) , (N) , (R) and (W) service is disrupted in Manhattan and Queens while our crews perform emergency switch maintenance near Queensboro Plaza.

(7) Trains

There is no service between Times Sq-42 St and Queensboro Plaza.

There is limited service between Queensboro Plaza and 74 St-Broadway. Many 34 St-bound (7) trains will end at 74 St-Broadway.

Limited shuttle train service is running between 34 St-Hudson Yards and Times Sq-42 St.

(N)(W) Trains

There is no service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in either direction.

(R) Trains

Northbound (R) trains are running on the (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to Lexington Av/63 St and then on the (F) line to 36 St (Queens).

There is no northbound service at 5 Av/59 St, Lexington Av/59 St or Queens Plaza.

Alternatives

For service between Manhattan and Queens, consider taking (E) , (F) or rerouted (R) trains.

Q32 and Q60 buses also offer service between the Upper East Side and Queens.

LIRR is allowing MetroCard holders to board at no additional cost at Penn Station, Woodside, and Main St.

Again!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Again!?!

I think this is a different switch, the switch in the post you quoted is the switch between the Flushing and Astoria lines. The switch that been acting up the past couple days is the X switch right outside the 60th street tunnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I think this is a different switch, the switch in the post you quoted is the switch between the Flushing and Astoria lines. The switch that been acting up the past couple days is the X switch right outside the 60th street tunnel.

Yes but aren't those controlled by the same signal block and interlock system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOME REROUTES  Posted: 11/18/2020 12:51PM

Some northbound (R) trains will run on the (Q) line from 34 St-Herald Sq to Lexington Av/63 St, then along the (F) line to 36 St while our crews perform signal maintenance in the tunnel between Manhattan and Queens.

(N) and (W) trains are running at slower speeds between Manhattan and Queens.

Expect longer wait times for a Manhattan-bound (N) or (W) train in Queens.

 

 

DELAYS  Posted: 11/18/2020 12:39PM

Manhattan-bound (M)(R) trains are delayed because of an NYPD investigation at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.  

 

 

STATIONS SKIPPED  Posted: 11/18/2020 12:47PM

Manhattan-bound (E)(F) trains are bypassing  Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av while NYPD conducts an investigation at that station. 

For service towards Manhattan, consider taking a (7) train.

 

 

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 11/18/2020 12:48PM

There are delays and/or reroutes in (A) and (C) train service in both directions because of a switch malfunction at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts.

There is no (A) and (C) service between Broadway Junction and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts in both directions.

Southbound (A) trains will end at Jay St-MetroTech and return northbound for service.

Southbound (C) trains are stopping along the (F) line from W 4 St-Wash Sq and will end at 2 Av.

As an alternative, consider using the B25 bus service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PART SUSPENDED  Posted: 12/14/2020  9:11PM

There is no (J) train service between Myrtle Av and Crescent St while we remove a work train with a mechanical problem from service at Broadway Junction.

Jamaica Center-bound (J) trains will end at Delancey St-Essex St or Myrtle Av and turn back for Broad St-bound service.

Broad St-bound (J) trains will end at Crescent St and turn back for Jamaica Center-bound service.

For continued service, consider taking a B46B47Q24 or Q56 bus.

See a station agent for a courtesy pass to continue your trip on nearby bus routes.

See https://bustime.mta.info/ for real-time bus arrival info. 

LIRR will cross-honor MetroCard holders at.

 

SOME REROUTES  Posted: 12/14/2020  9:16PM

Some Middle Village-Metropolitan Av-bound (M) trains are ending at Delancey St-Essex St to turn back for Forest Hills-bound service while we work to remove a work train from service at Broadway Junction on the (J) line.

Expect longer waits on the (M) line in both directions.

 

Up to a while ago, there was also no (L) between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues and Lorimer Street.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 8:20 AM, Lawrence St said:

Major signal failure on the Culver Line this morning;

No (F) between Church Av & Coney Island. Some (F) runs via the (C) or (D).

What kind of failure would kill the whole BMT Culver? Did a whole system fail or just one signal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrainRider Railfan said:

What kind of failure would kill the whole BMT Culver? Did a whole system fail or just one signal?

Perhaps that has something to do with the incomplete CBTC installation, even though it really shouldn't?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspended

There are extensive delays and multiple impacts to A, C and D service because of water leaking onto the tracks at 81 St-Museum of Natural History from street level.

There is no A, C or D service between 59 St-Columbus Circle and 125 St. The best alternatives for train service in Manhattan are...

  • F trains. If you’re coming from Brooklyn, transfer at Jay St-MetroTech.‌
  • 1 trains. If you’re headed downtown, transfer at 59 St.
  • N, Q and R trains. If you’re headed downtown, walk from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 57 St-7 Av.

Here are more details:

(A) Trains

Service is running in multiple sections.

  • Between 207 St and 125 St
  • Between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd, making local stops
  • A shuttle train between Euclid Av and Far Rockaway-Mott Av

Some northbound A trains starting from Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd will turn back southbound at Jay St-MetroTech or Chambers St to reduce congestion.

(C) Trains

Service is suspended in both directions.

Some trains that have already departed from Euclid Av may run on the E line from 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal into Queens.

(D) Trains

Service is running in two sections.

  • Between Norwood-205 St and 125 St
  • Between 59 St-Columbus Circle and Coney Island-Stillwell Av

Some northbound trains will turn back at 36 St in Brooklyn to reduce congestion.

Alternatives

For service in Midtown, Upper West Side and Harlem, take 1 trains. Here are stations where transfers are available to/from the 1 train.

  • 14 St on the F line. Transfer to/from D trains at Broadway-Lafayette St.
  • 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal on the A line.
  • 59 St-Columbus Circle on the A and D lines.
  • 168 St on the A line.

For service from Brooklyn into Manhattan, transfer from A trains to F trains at Jay St-MetroTech. Transfer from D to 2, 3, N and 2 trains at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

For service from Queens/the Rockaways, transfer at Euclid Av to a local A train.

Posted: 12/25/20 10:05 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There was a northbound (3) train reversing out of 72nd Street. I think both the northbound local and express switchers at 96th Street heading northbound are broken.

Edited by M5viaRiverside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Active Alerts for (N) 

 

Part Suspended

There are delays and reroutes to (N) and (R)  service while we conduct urgent track inspections in the tunnel between Manhattan and Queens.

(N) train service is suspended between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and 57 St-7 Av in both directions.

Northbound (N) trains are ending at 57 St-7 Av or 96 St on the (Q) line.

Northbound (R) trains are running on the  (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to Lexington Av/63 St and then via the (F) line to 36 St.

For service between Manhattan and Astoria, consider transferring to/from the (7) train at Times Sq-42 St and/or Queensboro Plaza.

Expect extensive delays to (E)(N) , (Q) , (R) , and (F) service in both directions.

Posted: 1/3/21 2:07 PM

 

Delays

Some northbound (D) trains are running on the (N) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to 36 St while we continue to troubleshoot a signal problem at 9 Av.

For service to/from bypassed stations, use southbound (D) train service, or consider using nearby buses for service to (N) line stations.

Expect delays in northbound (D) and (N) service.

Posted: 1/3/21 1:40 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

Active Alerts for (N) 

 

Part Suspended

There are delays and reroutes to (N) and (R)  service while we conduct urgent track inspections in the tunnel between Manhattan and Queens.

(N) train service is suspended between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and 57 St-7 Av in both directions.

Northbound (N) trains are ending at 57 St-7 Av or 96 St on the (Q) line.

Northbound (R) trains are running on the  (Q) line from 57 St-7 Av to Lexington Av/63 St and then via the (F) line to 36 St.

For service between Manhattan and Astoria, consider transferring to/from the (7) train at Times Sq-42 St and/or Queensboro Plaza.

Expect extensive delays to (E)(N) , (Q) , (R) , and (F) service in both directions.

Posted: 1/3/21 2:07 PM

 

Delays

Some northbound (D) trains are running on the (N) line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to 36 St while we continue to troubleshoot a signal problem at 9 Av.

For service to/from bypassed stations, use southbound (D) train service, or consider using nearby buses for service to (N) line stations.

Expect delays in northbound (D) and (N) service.

Posted: 1/3/21 1:40 PM

How many times is this going to happen? Clearly there is an issue in the 60th St tubes and a G.O has to be created to fix it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(6) and (E) trains are skipping 51st St in both directions because of "water entering the stations from an unknown source".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

(6) and (E) trains are skipping 51st St in both directions because of "water entering the stations from an unknown source".

Well, it's a good thing the (M) wasn't running there this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.