Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Presumably because both southbound tracks were out of service for the investigation. Power was probably cut to both tracks.

http://parkslope.patch.com/articles/man-in-critical-condition-after-jumping-in-front-of-4th-ave-r-train

Oh okay. The way they worded their sentence was confusing me. Thanks for the information and good look out.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change Posted: 01/28/2013 11:16AM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the Brook Av Station, some southbound (6) train service is running express from the Hunts Point Av Station to the 3 Av-138 St Station.

Wow! They can't move that train for 3 hours??

Edited by Abba

10:13 AM (5 hours ago)

n/b (2) and (3)  trains running local 42 St to 96 St, due to mechanical problems at 72 St.

I got caught in this mess while onboard a 2 earlier - was juuuust about on time for work, At 14th st at 9:45 and then - dead in the water for a long time. Finally got to 59th (on the local tracks) at 10:20, when I bailed out and took a bus. 

But - did hear one of those rare times when RCC gets patched into the PA. "(unintelligible callsign) be advised train operator found no cause for brakes in emergency. northbound two and three still via local from 42nd to 96."

I don't know what that was supposed to mean to anybody else on the damn train, but it did mean that I knew exactly what was going on  :D

Service Change Posted: 01/28/2013 11:16AM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the Brook Av Station, some southbound (6) train service is running express from the Hunts Point Av Station to the 3 Av-138 St Station.

Wow! They can't move that train for 3 hours??

I was caught in a similar situation around 9. A train stalled at 3rd Av-138 and all hell broke loose. I think there were some other delays in addition to that being that it took 15 minutes for a train to pull into Pelham Bay this morning.

Service Changes

Due to a train having problems at the Main St Flushing Station , all Uptown And Downtown (7) Trains terminate at Willets Point - Shea Stadium.

Due to Work on the (7) , (7) trains run express from 111 St to Queens Boro Plaza Stopping only at <7> stops.

Crazy stuff on the (7) and <7> these days...

Edited by Kendell

Service Changes

Due to a train having problems at the Main St Flushing Station , all Uptown And Downtown (7) Trains terminate at Willets Point - Shea Stadium.

Due to Work on the (7) , (7) trains run express from 111 St to Queens Boro Plaza Stopping only at <7> stops.

Crazy stuff on the (7) and <7> these days...

Where exactly did you see this? It doesn't even look real or phrased in the usual way. And, by the way, it's Mets-Willets Point. And there's no alert for this..

And again...

Service Change  Posted: 01/30/2013  5:52PM

Due to rail condition at Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station, Northbound e.png, f.png, Forest Hills bound m.png and r.png trains are running with delays at this time.

Some northbound e.png trains are runnning local from Queens Plaza Station to Jamaica Center-Parsons Archer Station.

Some northbound f.png trains are running local from 36 Street Station (Queens) to Jamaica-179 Street Station.

Some Forest Hills bound m.png trains are terminating at Chambers Street Station.

Some northbound r.png trains are terminating at 57 Street-7 Avenue Station.

Please allow additional travel time.

This is getting ridiculous. What is this, the early '80s all over again?

I remember being caught up in one of those. I was on the (M) and was going to Jamaica, so I figured I would transfer to the (E) at Queens Plaza. Not a good move. People on the train were FURIOUS, mainly because the conductor had an extremely thick accent, and the train kept hopping back and forth between the local and express. Oh, and the three express trains that were stuck behind the "stalled" one still had passengers in it, even after about 45 minutes. Is that normal? If so, i'm glad I wasn't on that train.

Question: They were sending (N) trains back to Manhattan early this afternoon from 36th Street due to delays in Manhattan as I was struggling to get to 8th Ave on my day off. Let me guess: Signal trouble at Montague tunnel? (Again....)

Edited by realizm

Uhh I saw this yesterday and i have a question-

Service Change

All (A) And (G) Trains Skip Court Sq , 21 St , Nassu and Lorimer St. Form These stations Take A downtown (A) and transfer to a Uptown (G). To these stations , take an uptown (G) and transfer to a Downtown (F).

What the heck?? A and F trains running on the G line? Or are they just playing around with us again....

Edited by Kendell

Uhh I saw this yesterday and i have a question-

Service Change

All (A) And (G) Trains Skip Court Sq , 21 St , Nassu and Lorimer St. Form These stations Take A downtown (A) and transfer to a Uptown (G). To these stations , take an uptown (G) and transfer to a Downtown (F).

What the heck?? A and F trains running on the G line? Or are they just playing around with us again....

Can I ask a question? WHERE do you see these things posted? On the official MTA website or a random twitter account? OR do you just come up with them yourself? The latter must be the case as they make absolutely no sense. This is not a fantasy thread.

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave

WATER MAIN BREAK

Service Change  Posted: 02/01/2013 11:26AM 

Due to a water condition at 23 St Station:

There is no n.png and q.png trains in both directions between DeKalb Av Station and 57 St-7Av Station.

There is no r.png trains in both directions between Queens Plaza Station and Whitehall Street Station.

Both directions r.png trains are running on the f.png line between 36 St Station (Qns) and 34 St-Herald Sq Station, then run on the d.png line in both directions between 34 St-Herald Sq Station and DeKalb Av Station.

Allow additional travel time. 

Yeah, the place looked like a mini river took over the streets. On the small bright side, R trains over the bridge. I am a bit surprised they didn't suspend the M to fit the R on 6th av.

Can I ask a question? WHERE do you see these things posted? On the official MTA website or a random twitter account? OR do you just come up with them yourself? The latter must be the case as they make absolutely no sense. This is not a fantasy thread.

lmao! I'll go with the latter.