Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably just a train or two that's terminating there, if they in fact do mean Queens Plaza.

Can't imagine that they would mess the (E)(M) up that badly.

The (E) is 15 tph, the (M) is about 10. The (F) is close by, north of the station. It could mess things up a lot...

That what i was thinking. I think they probably meant Queensboro. there a switch track on the hill between the tunnel and the station. Or they did the long version by going to express track on the Astoria line then park it there and motorman had to walk to the other end to ge the train back to Manhattan.

Due to signal problems at W 4th Street-Washington Square Station:

Some uptown F.gif train service is running on the A.gif line from the Jay Street-Metro Tech Station to the W 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

Forest Hills-bound M.gif train service is terminating at the Chambers Street Station.

Please expect delays on the A.gif, F.gif and M.gif train service at this time.

I heard that there was an (M) that got rerouted to Bay pkwy, let the pre-2010 service cuts begin! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a police investigation at the 18th Av Station, D.gif train service is running via N.gif line between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and 36th St in Brooklyn in both directions.

As an alternate customers are advised to use B1, B4, B6, B8, B9, B11, B16 and B35 buses to nearby train service.

The whole West End line got shut down. Hmmm what happen at this stop? shooting from one platform to another?

I am sure this question go into this thead

after reading the changes over the weekend and why, i notice they mention stop cable preparation. Anyone know what this is for? just curious because i have no idea how it relate to subway.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a water main break on Northern Blvd at 40 Road, there is no train service N.gif train service from the Astoria Ditmars Blvd Station to the Queensboro Plaza Station at this time.

Please expect delays on the N.gif and Q.gif trains at this time.

So that explains why I saw an (N) going to Queensboro Plaza instead of Ditmars when I waited for the Brooklyn bound (N). I thought it was a GO but it was just an unplanned service change.

Due to a stalled train at Atlantic Ave, there are delays in Downtown 4.png 5.png trains, with some trains terminating at Bowling Green. In Brooklyn, Utica Ave-bound. 4.png and Flatbush Ave/Brooklyn College-bound 5.png trains are running via the local track between Atlantic Ave & Franklin Ave. Because of this, there are delays on 2.png 3.png 4.png and 5.png service in Brooklyn.

Please plan ahead and monitor Service Status for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sometimes (7).

When I was at Queensboro Plaza, <7> came as express on all cars, but after leaving Queensboro Plaza, <7> stayed on local track, which was painful with crowds getting on local.

When I check my camera, rest of subway car was LOCAL sign.

At 61st St-Woodside, when our train arrived, Times Sq-bound (7) train's rear car was also set up as <7>.

Here's something:

Due to signal problems at the Grand Street Station:

Some downtown B.gif and D.gif train service is running on the F.gif line from the W 4th Street-Washington Square Station to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Some downtown N.gif train service is running on the D.gif line from the 36th Street Station (Brooklyn) to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the downtown B.gif and D.gif train service at this time.

There were signal problems on the Manhattan Bridge Brooklyn side and it started a lot earlier as i was onboard a southbound B train that left Grand Street at 5:25 PM and it started and stop right after we left Grand Street. There were two D trains in front of our train as I waited at 47th - 50th Streets tonight. We stopped for five minutes went a few feet and stopped again for another few minutes and went a few feet again. All we were told was that it was signal problems. We finally reached DeKalb Avenue at about 6 PM as once we got off the bridge, the train started moving. If I have a complaint it is why did they send us on the bridge in the first place knowing that there were signal problems.

That was the second problem of my trip from Queens tonight as i boarded a southbound F train marked Kings Highway at 4 PM at 169th Street and when we reached Roosevelt Avenue, the conductor announced that we would not be going via the 63rd Street Tunnel but stopping at Queens Plaza. When we reached there, the doors were kept closed for a few minutes and then finally the train became a G train. I could only blame myself for not staying on that train as i had to go beyond Kings Highway and would have saved myself a lot of grief

• 2 weeks later...

whats going on tonight on the subway

MTA Service Notice

Service Change Posted: 06/11/2012 9:38PM

Due to police investigation at the Avenue M Station, uptown Q.gif trains are running express from the Kings Highway Station to the Prospect Park Station.

Please expect delays Q.gif, D.gif and N.gif trains at this time.

Service Change Posted: 06/11/2012 9:31PM

Due to a police investigation at the167 Street Station, downtown D.gif train service is suspended from the Norwood-205 Street Station to the 145 Street Station. Some uptown D.gif trains are turning at the 145 Street Station.

Please expect delays on D.gif train service at this time.

whats going on tonight on the subway

MTA Service Notice

Service Change Posted: 06/11/2012 9:31PM

Due to a police investigation at the167 Street Station, downtown D.gif train service is suspended from the Norwood-205 Street Station to the 145 Street Station. Some uptown D.gif trains are turning at the 145 Street Station.

Please expect delays on D.gif train service at this time.

Wonder what happened at my home station?

Suspended  Posted: 06/12/2012 12:24PM

Due to a water condition at the Fulton Street Station, there is no (G)train service on the entire line between the Court Sq Station and the Church Av Station at this time.

Whats goin on, on the (N)(Q)(R) Lines?

MTA Service Notice

Planned Work

Q.gif Coney Island-bound trains run express from Prospect Park to Sheepshead Bay.

Days, 10 AM to 3 PM, Mon to Fri, Jun 11 - 15 • Jun 18 - 22 • Jun 25 - 29

Trains stop at Church Av, Newkirk Plaza and Kings Hwy.

For service to Parkside Av, Beverley, Cortelyou Rds, Avenue H, Avenue J, Avenue M, Avenue U

and Neck Rd, take the Q.gif to Church Av, Newkirk Plaza, Kings Hwy or Sheepshead Bay

and transfer to a Manhattan-bound B.gif* or Q.gif.

For service from these stations, take the B.gif* or Q.gif to Kings Hwy, Newkirk Plaza, Church Av or

Prospect Park and transfer to a Coney Island-bound Q.gif.

*This detour has taken into account additional planned service changes

Planned Work

N.gif Coney Island-bound trains run via the D.gif from 36 St to Stillwell Av

Days, 10 AM to 3 PM, Mon to Fri, Jun 11 - 15

Trains run express stopping at 9 Av, 62 St-New Utrecht Av and Bay Pkwy.

For 59 St, take the R.gif instead. Transfer between trains at 36 St.

For service to 8 Av and Fort Hamilton Pkwy, take the N.gif to 62 St-New Utrecht Av

and transfer to an Astoria-bound N.gif.

For service to 18, 20 Avs, Bay Pkwy, Kings Hwy, Avenue U and 86 St,

take the N.gif to Stillwell Av and transfer to an Astoria-bound N.gif.

For service from these stations, take the N.gif to New Utrecht Av-62 St or 36 St and

transfer to a Coney Island-bound D.gif or N.gif.

Service Change Posted: 06/12/2012 2:58PM

Due to ongoing track work at the Queensboro Plaza Station, Times Square bound 7.gif train service running express from the Main Street Station to the Queensboro Plaza station.

Please expect delays on Times Square Bound 7.gif trains at this time.

off peak hours express!!! LOL. those who looking for express to main street is going to be mad as hell.

I filed a complaint about the problem that i encountered on southbound B train going over the Manhattan Bridge on May 31, 2012 at 5:25 PM and I received a response that I am sharing with the members. The quotations used here are from that response.

"As you (I) indicated on May 31, 2012 southbound B and D line service experienced delays south of the Grand Street Station beginning at 4:58 PM. Several management strategies were implemented until regular service resumed at 6:08 PM."

"In response to your comments, we have forwarded your e-mail to.....for review"

The response that I received raises some interesting points since the problem began at 4:58 PM, then why was the B train allowed to leave Grand street at 5:25 PM or approximately 30 minutes after the problem occurred? If the problem occurred at 4:58 PM (according to the response) then this raises other issues as to why were the trains not rerouted to terminate at 2nd Avenue or rerouted via the F Line to Coney Island or held at the West 4th Street, Broadway - Lafayette Street or Grand Street Stations? Did someone in management finally realize at 5:30 PM, the serverity of the delay and the trains on the Manhattan Bridge had passengers and crew on board with no timetable as to when they would reach Dekalb Avenue that B and D Line service was finally rerouted away from the Manhattan Bridge?"

What I find totally amusing is the phrase "several management strategies were implemented" which leaves me scratching my head in total bewiderment. Did this mean that there was no one around at that time that could make a rational decision to reroute the trains 10 -15 minutes into the delay or it was like nobody cared about the passengers and the crew but just cared about the schedule?

Is this real? on the railSquare15.gifPascack Valley update.

MTA Service Notice

Advisory from NJ Transit

Alert

Jun 14, 2012 01:00:31 PM

Due to President Obamaâ??s visit to Lower Manhattan later today and to offer our customers additional transportation options, NJ TRANSIT will be implementing full, system-wide cross-honoring between 3 pm and 6 pm tonight on NJ TRANSIT bus, rail, light rail â?? as well as on private bus carriers.

Additionally, NJ TRANSIT will honor PATH tickets during that time for Trans-Hudson access.

NJ TRANSIT will be deploying additional customer service representatives to assist customers during this time. Customers should expect large crowds this evening at New York Penn Station, as well as aboard trains leaving New York Penn Station.

We encourage our customers to plan their travels accordingly for this evening, and consider adjusting their travel schedules to travel outside of this time period.

Customers can log onto njtransit.com, or follow NJ TRANSITâ??s twitter feed at @nj_transit for the latest travel information.

Edited by Strain

Is this real? on the railSquare15.gifPascack Valley update.

MTA Service Notice

Advisory from NJ Transit

Alert

Jun 14, 2012 01:00:31 PM

Due to President Obamaâ??s visit to Lower Manhattan later today and to offer our customers additional transportation options, NJ TRANSIT will be implementing full, system-wide cross-honoring between 3 pm and 6 pm tonight on NJ TRANSIT bus, rail, light rail â?? as well as on private bus carriers.

Additionally, NJ TRANSIT will honor PATH tickets during that time for Trans-Hudson access.

NJ TRANSIT will be deploying additional customer service representatives to assist customers during this time. Customers should expect large crowds this evening at New York Penn Station, as well as aboard trains leaving New York Penn Station.

We encourage our customers to plan their travels accordingly for this evening, and consider adjusting their travel schedules to travel outside of this time period.

Customers can log onto njtransit.com, or follow NJ TRANSITâ??s twitter feed at @nj_transit for the latest travel information.

Yes, surprisingly.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57453681/obama-tours-new-world-trade-center-site/

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18785260/president-obama-first-lady-visit-nyc-thursday