Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Whatever happened at DeKalb last night, passengers were standing facing the southbound B/Q tracks and also the R tracks as if nothing happened around 9:30pm, so any ceiling collapse may not have been obvious to the average passenger.

It caused some congestion especially pulling into Atlantic Ave on the N/D platform, but what really screwed up the N/Q/R lines last night was some flagging/track work at Prince St southbound at that time.  The MTA should make announcements online & in stations (such as Times Square, Union Square) that they're causing big delays at Prince St with unexpected track work, so that passengers can take other trains to Bklyn instead.

Edited by RtrainBlues

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delays  Posted: 02/19/2014  4:23PM 

Due to a FDNY activity at Burke Av, 2.png and 5.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 02/19/2014  4:25PM 

Due to ongoing switch problems at 86 St, northbound n.png trains run on d.png line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to 36 St (Bklyn).

Service Change  Posted: 02/20/2014  6:17AM 

Due to signal problems at Church Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound g.png trains are express from Church Av to 4 Av.

Northbound f.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time

How you stop at 4th ave when it not an express stop? I guess the person didn't have coffee yet

Service Change[/size] [/size] Posted: 02/20/2014  6:17AM 

Due to signal problems at Church Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound g.png trains are express from Church Av to 4 Av.

Northbound f.png trains are running with delays.

How you stop at 4th ave when it not an express stop? I guess the person didn't have coffee yet

Maybe because the switches for the local track are after 4th avenue?

Delays  Posted: 02/21/2014  4:05PM 

Due to signal problems at Freeman St, southbound 2.png and 5.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 02/21/2014  4:04PM 

Due to signal problems at 161 St-Yankee Stadium, southbound 4.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 02/21/2014  4:05PM 

Due to ongoing signal problems at 57 St-7 Av, southbound n.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 02/21/2014  4:04PM 

Due to signal problems at 86 St (Bklyn), some southbound r.png trains terminate at 86 St (Bklyn).

Service Change  Posted: 02/24/2014  4:32PM 

Due to NYPD activity at 125 St, the following service changes are in effect:

a.png and d.png trains are local from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 145 St in both directions.

Northbound a.pngb.pngc.png and d.png trains are bypassing 125 St.

Expect delays in b.png and c.png train service in both directions.

Delays  Posted: 02/24/2014  4:06PM 

Due to signal problems at Queens Plaza, southbound e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays

Service Change  Posted: 02/27/2014  6:25AM 

Due to track maintenance at 51 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 4.png & 5.png trains are running local from 14 St-Union Square to 125 St.

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Service Change  Posted: 02/27/2014  6:16AM 

Due to NYPD activity at 42 St-Bryant Pk, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound f.png and m.png trains are running with express from W 4-Wash Sq to 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr

Some northbound m.png trains are terminating at Essex St.

Allow additional travel.

Service Change  Posted: 02/27/2014  7:32AM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no n.png trains between Atlantic Av-Barclays Center and Canal St in both directions.

There are no q.png trains between Prospect Park and Canal St in both directions.

Northbound b.png trains are running with delays.

As an alternate, customers are advised to use 2.png3.png4.png and 5.png trains.

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave

I was caught in the massive f**k-up at around 7:20am. (N) trains crawled through the 4 Avenue tunnel while (R) trains breezed by. I ended up taking the overcrowded and equally-slow (5) train to Fulton Street where I got on the (J). There was an (M) already terminated at Chambers Street by 8:10.

Seems like the (B) is fine, they just took it off the service changes.

maybe there was a (Q) train got stuck behind this mess and the (B) couldn't get thru. they must made that 1 (Q) to go to 6th ave to clear track for the (B) who know what happen especially when you assume.

Yeah, boy was I wrong. Right after I posted that and got on the (B) ; we were held between Kings Highway and Newkirk Plaza around Avenue J for at least 15 minutes. We then were held between Prospect and Church for another 10 minutes. *(Initially caught up to the (Q) that I was originally on at Church. But when we were held again, I didn't see the (Q) get to Parkside.) When we got to Prospect, conductor suggests we take the (S) to the (2)(3)(4)(5) or (A)(C) and next thing you know, the (B) became a ghost town. I've never seen the (S) so packed in my life! I literally didn't have to hold on to anything.

Yeah, boy was I wrong. Right after I posted that and got on the (B) ; we were held between Kings Highway and Newkirk Plaza around Avenue J for at least 15 minutes. We then were held between Prospect and Church for another 10 minutes. *(Initially caught up to the (Q) that I was originally on at Church. But when we were held again, I didn't see the (Q) get to Parkside.) When we got to Prospect, conductor suggests we take the (S) to the (2)(3)(4)(5) or (A)(C) and next thing you know, the (B) became a ghost town. I've never seen the (S) so packed in my life! I literally didn't have to hold on to anything.

That's not a good idea considering the fact that the conductor of a 600' train told everyone to cram on a 150' train...

Speaking of the Frankin (S) there was a unplanned service change because of track work at Frankin/Fulton.But what I want to know is Why does the whole shuttle have to be suspended.There is a switch between Botanic Garden and Park Place.Run a train between Prospect Park and Botanic Garden.No?

That's crazy.15 min before newkirk plaza.It was that bad?

Edited by Abba

So there was a train with mechanical problems at 42nd street on the downtown (A), which I saw when I was going to school, and the (A) was running local.

Also heard something about the (4)(5) running local b/w 125th and 42nd st and some (5)s running via the (2), but it seemed to be clear a few minutes later.

Speaking of the Frankin (S) there was a unplanned service change because of track work at Frankin/Fulton.But what I want to know is Why does the whole shuttle have to be suspended.There is a switch between Botanic Garden and Park Place.Run a train between Prospect Park and Botanic Garden.No?

That's crazy.15 min before newkirk plaza.It was that bad?

It was pretty bad, my friend was on a (B) ahead of mine and was stuck after Church Avenue.

That's not a good idea considering the fact that the conductor of a 600' train told everyone to cram on a 150' train...

Like I said, he suggested everyone to use the (S) not literally EVERYONE get on the one sitting across the platform. None the less, it was one packed (S) and at Botanic Garden platform was jammed. 

Service Change

Posted: 02/28/2014 6:46PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Broad Channel:

There is no (A) train service in both directions between Howard Beach-JFK Airport and Mott Av-Far Rockaway.

There is no (S) -Broad Channel train service in both directions between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take Q22 or Q53 bus making nearby station stops.

Service Change

Posted: 02/28/2014 6:46PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Broad Channel:

There is no (A) train service in both directions between Howard Beach-JFK Airport and Mott Av-Far Rockaway.

There is no (S) -Broad Channel train service in both directions between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take Q22 or Q53 bus making nearby station stops.

I was on the Q53 the other day. Those are gonna be some crowded buses.