Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Guest Lance

So the MTA doesn't know the difference between their and there? That's pretty sad.

You know what's even more sad? The fact that half of this forum probably doesn't know the difference either.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change Posted: 06/25/2012 10:18AM

Due to debris on the track at the 86 Street Station:

Some northbound N.gif trains are running on the D.gif line from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the 36 Street Station (Bklyn).

Some northbound N.gif trains are running on the Q.gif line from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the DeKalb Avenue Station.

Planned Work delayed,D.gif trains will run there regular route from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the 36 Street Station (Bklyn).

Please expect delays on the D.gif, N.gif and Q.gif trains at this time.

Wow that might have actually been my chance to catch a Brighton Express (N)

You know what's even more sad? The fact that half of this forum probably doesn't know the difference either.

Word

Like around 1PM in the afternoon, I was riding a downtown (N) train, and I saw an uptown (D) train arrive at 34 St-Herald Square BROADWAY express tracks.

I saw a (D) at 57th Street-7th Avenue. I thought it was an R68 (Q), so I didn't take a picure. :(

Due to a police investigation at the 34 Street- Herald Square Station, D.gif and F.gif train service via A.gif line from the W 4 Street- Washington Square Station to the 5 Avenue- 59 Street Station.

Please expect delays on the A.gif, D.gif and F.gif train service at this time.

12-9?

I guess the MTA couldn't write that any more incorrectly.

Why were the speakers at Van Cortlandt Park saying about 1.5 hour ago that "because of a signal malfunction at Nevins St, there is no (2)(3)(4)(5) service between Manhattan and Brooklyn" when I came home and looked at MTA's site and it said "good service" for both the 7th Ave and Lex lines? Was it a speaker test or a message backlog or a speaker malfunction of sorts?

@ Mysterious2train -- it would appear to be a power-related problem:

Service Alert

Due to power related signal problems at the Bergen St station in Downtown Brooklyn:

There is no 2.png5.png service in both directions between the Atlantic Avenue Station & Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College Station.

There is no 3.png service in both directions between the Atlantic Avenue Station & New Lots Avenue Station.

There is no 4.png service in both directions between the Atlantic Avenue Station & Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station

We have crews en route to the scene to correct the problem. Please monitor MTA Service Status for updates.

EDIT: alright, problem fixed:

Delays Posted: 07/03/2012 1:05PM

Following an earlier incident, 2.png, 3.png, 4.png and 5.png train service has resumed with residual delays

Edited by TheSubwayStation

MTA Service Info

Service Change  Posted: 07/03/2012  3:01PM

Due to switch trouble at the Rockaway Parkway Station:

Some canarise-bound Ltrain service terminate at the Myrtle Avenue- Wyckoff Avenue Station.

Some canarise-bound Ltrain service terminate at the Broadway- Junction Station.

Some canarise-bound L train service terminate at the Sutter Avenue Station.

Some canarsie-bound L train service terminate at the Livonia Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the Canarsie-bound trains at this time.

Is it really necessary to turn the trains at 4 different station.Why not terminate every other one at myrtle like midday G.O?

Guest Lance

I think the idea behind all this is to get as close to Canarsie as possible (and utilize the CBTC functionality to the fullest). Since the Canarsie line does not have diamond switches on the eastern end of the line, they're still limited to how many trains they can terminate at a given station. For instance, if the Rocakway Pkwy-bound track at Livonia Av is occupied, the next train may turn at Sutter Av instead of waiting around and backlogging the rest of the line. And that continues so on and so forth until it gets to the pocket track east of Myrtle Av.

Service Change Posted: 07/03/2012 5:36PM

Due to an ongoing signal problem at the Fulton Street Station:

Some uptown 5.png train service via the 2.png from the Nevins Street Station to the 149 Street- Grand Concourse Station.

Please expect delays on the 2.png and 5.png train service at this time

Ahhh, now I think I know why my (2) was stuck between Atlantic Av and Nevins...

My (B) train stopped once or twice in the middle of the bridge for no apparent reason...why?

Could have picking up track workers doing inspection on the bridge, they usually let them on in the front of the train though the storm door. Happened to me a couple of times over the years.

Also track workers could have been doing inspection and the train had to stop to let them clear the way.