Second Avenue Subway Discussion

CenSin

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i should have said for #2 will there be a bellmouth to say build in the bronx at a later time 

No bellmouth, but you don't really need a bellmouth if the tracks in question you have to connect to are storage tracks; you can just take those out of service temporarily and find storage space elsewhere.

I was down there today. Its only a few car lengths in the center that have been removed. Past that staircase in the photo, the wall is still up.

Same today. Just a couple of small (1 carlength) sections are open for active work, and only on the lower platform. 

Now I recently read that they can open the line on time, but bypassing one or two stations.

72nd and 86th, yeah. I say open 96th, print them all on the new map, and paste up some flyers saying that those two stations are temporarily out of service at the moment.

72nd and 86th, yeah. I say open 96th, print them all on the new map, and paste up some flyers saying that those two stations are temporarily out of service at the moment.

Might as well keep it closed then.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Edited by LTA1992

Translation: "Right after I down this next piece of pie ala-mode"

:rolleyes::)

lol

I took another look at the presentation. Escalator testing is scheduled to finish on 12/9 at 72nd and 86th; 96th is already finished.

Fire alarm testing at 72nd and 86th is scheduled to finish on 12/15.

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/docs/Monthly-Update-SAS.pdf

(pgs 3 & 5 have the escalator testing information, pg 10 has the fire alarm testing information)

lol

I took another look at the presentation. Escalator testing is scheduled to finish on 12/9 at 72nd and 86th; 96th is already finished.

Fire alarm testing at 72nd and 86th is scheduled to finish on 12/15.

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/docs/Monthly-Update-SAS.pdf

(pgs 3 & 5 have the escalator testing information, pg 10 has the fire alarm testing information)

Thank you. Much appreciated.

This might have to do with the removal of the barrier.

Planned Work  

f.png Coney Island-bound trains skip Lexington Av/63 St

Weekend, 6:45 AM to 7 PM, Sat and Sun, Nov 26 - 27

For service to this station, take the f.png to 57 St and transfer to a Jamaica-bound f.png.

For service from this station, take the f.png to Roosevelt Island and transfer to a Coney Island-bound f.png.

Alternate travel note:
Use the nearby Lexington Av/59 St 4.png6.pngn.pngr.png Station instead. Transfer to the f.png at 
34 St-Herald Sq via the n.pngr.png or Bleecker St/B'way-Lafayette St via the 4.pnglocal or 6.png.

ad.png This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 511 for help with planning
your trip. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay.