The 12 train

rfortyslant

hey its not me! this couldve bin a tourist question: "UM EXCUSE ME, DOES THIS DIAMOND 6 TRAIN STOP AT 51ST STREET"

Yes sir or mam Jessica: This is a Pelham Bay Park bound <6> train making express stops in The Bronx The Next Stop Is 51 Street.....there goes ya answer

I hate it when the automated annoucements on the 6 takes 20 years to complete. Most people riding in Manhattan don't care whether it's a Bronx express or local. I miss the old days of "This is a Bronx bound 6 train".

• 2 weeks later...
Well, that would have to be a Four Track Line Then and I feel the (11) aka <7> today going to Douglaston is better... And Douglaston is still in Queens!

Just make the (11) have the Express Track and Let the Track Dive Down and have another Platform in Flushing, and let the (11) go on Main all the way til' it conenects to Northern Blvd and have it end around 1/2 a mile East of Cross Island Expway...

If a line goes to Little Neck, it passes Douglaston. And LITTLE NECK IS STILL IN QUEENS!

Perhaps, if you want a sublevel at Main, have two tracks below the current station, that way, trains could be turned at Main in case there is a problem.

Perhaps, if you want a sublevel at Main, have two tracks below the current station, that way, trains could be turned at Main in case there is a problem.

But how are you going to build said sublevel? Rather, how are you going to build the approaches to the sublevel?

I am going to keep the (7) line like running as it is but modify Willets Point to 4 Track Station, Expand the bridge on Van Wyke to handle 4 Tracks, make a new tunnel just like the 63rd Street Conenctor type but rather to the sides without impacting structures, build the final sub-station around slightly more towards Union Street and Lipman Plaza but still on Roosevelt Ave.

That probably won't happen in a million years. You first have to tear down the existing Willets Point Blvd station to make room for the four track station, then you have to modify the tracks leading to it, then you have to build the tracks going to the tunnel while making sure the bridge can handle their weight, then you have to dig the tunnel, then you have to build the station... too much hassle.

Plus, the bridge is as wide as the subway structure above it... to modify that, you're going to have to tear that down as well.

That probably won't happen in a million years. You first have to tear down the existing Willets Point Blvd station to make room for the four track station, then you have to modify the tracks leading to it, then you have to build the tracks going to the tunnel while making sure the bridge can handle their weight, then you have to dig the tunnel, then you have to build the station... too much hassle.

Plus, the bridge is as wide as the subway structure above it... to modify that, you're going to have to tear that down as well.

Yeah, I have to agree on this. It's going to be big time construction if the MTA needs to modify the line to 4 tracks.

Forget about 4 tracking the line, it is too complicated.

Archived