Manhattan Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

CDTA

15 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’ve been watching this convo for the past few days and I’m going to say this only. Leave the  M35 and any surrounding routes along 125th alone. These buses serve a valuable purpose down 125th. No need to deviate any of the lines to service Randall’s Island with exception of the M35. The M35’s main purpose is to shuttle patrons from their small community to the Manhattan mainland that is IT! Any changes to that will cause major delays. I also refuse to call the Triboro bridge the RFK just like the Battery Tunnel the Hugh Carey Tunnel. 

So in turn. Leave the forementioned bus lines alone around the Harlem area. #fin 

In the case of the M35/M100 argument both routes won’t suffer from any combo or change. The M100 does not carry a lot of patrons eastbound on 125 as most people are leaving the Borough. As for Randall’s island it has no effect on the westbound service they just need connection to the mainland. 

Bx15 - will effect service on Third Av 

M60 - will effect LGA service 

M101 - will effect Lexington 

The M100 service west of 1 av would not see much of any change the M101 does most the lifting on Amsterdam.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Just New York said:

The M100 service west of 1 av would not see much of any change the M101 does most the lifting on Amsterdam.

5 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

It tells you what isn't true.

Including the above portion....smh....the M100 is one of the few growing Manhattan routes for a reason....

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Oh, I was actually referring to his whole post... Nothing but untruths.

Coming  from people who don’t ride most the lines they speak on 😂😂😂. Im around the city not one area like most who piggy back info they believe to be true. 

Edited by Just New York

I rode the M100 and M101 on Amsterdam during my college tenure. People will use whatever comes first, and most use these two to get to destinations on 125th Street, especially the subway stations. Thru-riders on the M101 make up a small portion of the ridership.

Intra-125th Street riders (between points on 125th Street) will use anything that comes first, whether that be the Bx15, M60, M100, or M101.

Nobody is heading from Amsterdam to Randalls.

So just forget about that M35/100 combo.

4 minutes ago, Just New York said:

Coming  from people who don’t ride most the lines they speak on 😂😂😂. Im around the city not one area like most who piggy back info they believe to be true. 

I rode every local route in the city. So I know what I'm talking about. And a lot of members here rode most if not all routes in the city too. Don't make assumptions just because people don't like your ideas.

I ride the M35 constantly in the summer. It does not need an extension. I also ride the M100 constantly. Ridership is picking up and even though it is the lightest of the 125th st routes it still has enough ridership to warrant artics from time to time. 

Unless you ride these routes at least monthly you have no say in how these routes run. Provide actual evidence that it's a good idea to combine the M100/M35 instead of just saying because one side is light you can combine routes because that's not how extensions work.

Not even gonna reply on this topic after this because this is beating a dead horse at this point.

25 minutes ago, Just New York said:

You have a history of making up shit on here anyway, so this reply of yours is par for the course....

You can't debunk what's being said on here, so that person's piggybacking information off someone... Nice copout.

Coming from someone that believes merging the M35 & the M100 "won’t suffer from any combo or change.", you can't tell me a damn thing about how those 2, or any other MTA operated bus route in this city is utilized... Yes, including your punk ass B84.....

Go take a nap.

16 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I rode every local route in the city. So I know what I'm talking about. And a lot of members here rode most if not all routes in the city too.

Same... and not on no, only one time only bit, either..... My analyses of these routes are A1 & have had a few people on these parts over the course of 2 decades now, tell me that they respect my knowledge - and on these NYC transit based forums (here, subchat, and any of the older ones that went defunct), you are NOT going to get people to easily come out & admit that..... You've been around the block, you know this.....

As far as the topic at hand, the supporting arguments for a merge of these two routes are all rooted in bullshit....

I'm also done with this M35/M100 nonsense.

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

I rode the M100 and M101 on Amsterdam during my college tenure. People will use whatever comes first, and most use these two to get to destinations on 125th Street, especially the subway stations. Thru-riders on the M101 make up a small portion of the ridership.

Intra-125th Street riders (between points on 125th Street) will use anything that comes first, whether that be the Bx15, M60, M100, or M101.

Nobody is heading from Amsterdam to Randalls 

So just forget about that M35/100 combo.

This M35/100 combo argument is officially over. No need for the combo/extension. It’s completely nonsense. 

On 4/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, B35 via Church said:

You have a history of making up shit on here anyway, so this reply of yours is par for the course....

You can't debunk what's being said on here, so that person's piggybacking information off someone... Nice copout.

Coming from someone that believes merging the M35 & the M100 "won’t suffer from any combo or change.", you can't tell me a damn thing about how those 2, or any other MTA operated bus route in this city is utilized... Yes, including your punk ass B84.....

Go take a nap.

Same... and not on no, only one time only bit, either..... My analyses of these routes are A1 & have had a few people on these parts over the course of 2 decades now, tell me that they respect my knowledge - and on these NYC transit based forums (here, subchat, and any of the older ones that went defunct), you are NOT going to get people to easily come out & admit that..... You've been around the block, you know this.....

As far as the topic at hand, the supporting arguments for a merge of these two routes are all rooted in bullshit....

I'm also done with this M35/M100 nonsense.

You clearly mad at someone other then me maybe yourself, Definitely state facts. I’m around the city not one section talking about a trip I took years ago. Your not current outside of Flatbush so slow your tuff guy roll. Like I stated before I don’t do this extra forum chatter I come to give my options like everyone else. But once again you sensitive member constantly try to attack my post. Bro do your thing with these Foamer/Buffs I really don’t care how you feel nor will I ever. 

2 hours ago, Just New York said:

You clearly mad at someone other then me maybe yourself, Definitely state facts. I’m around the city not one section talking about a trip I took years ago. Your not current outside of Flatbush so slow your tuff guy roll. Like I stated before I don’t do this extra forum chatter I come to give my options like everyone else. But once again you sensitive member constantly try to attack my post. Bro do your thing with these Foamer/Buffs I really don’t care how you feel nor will I ever. 

This inner feelings ass shit.... Debunk my talking points or shut the f*** up....

.....and stay in school while you're at it.

4 hours ago, Just New York said:

You clearly mad at someone other then me maybe yourself, Definitely state facts. I’m around the city not one section talking about a trip I took years ago. Your not current outside of Flatbush so slow your tuff guy roll. Like I stated before I don’t do this extra forum chatter I come to give my options like everyone else. But once again you sensitive members constantly try to attack my post. Bro do your thing with these Foamer/Buffs I really don’t care how you feel nor will I ever. 

Actually I think I know who the sensitive members are and it sure ain't me or @B35 via Church

hqdefault.jpg

13 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

This inner feelings ass shit.... Debunk my talking points or shut the f*** up....

.....and stay in school while you're at it.

Seem like you can read it’s not much else to debunk. Just like the B84 you are not in these neighborhoods so talking to you is minute. 

Edited by Just New York

5 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Moving on to another topic...

Do you think it would make sense to extend the Pike-Cherry trippers on the M15 back to City Hall?

And would it make sense to move the M9 back to the 2002-2010 routing to BPC? The traffic on Murray Street is killer.

The M9 loop is worthless imo, but if there's a way to bring back the M15 to City Hall I'm all for it.

Knowing the MTA, if they want to bring back the M15 to City Hall, I could see them trying to do a "cut" where the M15 absorbs the entire M15 local to South Ferry, which they kinda already do right now (most M15 locals end at Pike during the daytime I believe).

40 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Moving on to another topic...

Do you think it would make sense to extend the Pike-Cherry trippers on the M15 back to City Hall?

And would it make sense to move the M9 back to the 2002-2010 routing to BPC? The traffic on Murray Street is killer.

Personally, I would cut all M9 service back to Park Row, extend the M22 to Liberty/S. End av (current M9 terminal), and leave those M15 shorties as is (as much as I miss those M15 City Hall trips).....

With the M9, that traffic you're talking about is one of the reasons I'd cut the thing back to Park Row.... That, and on top of it, much of nobody patronizes the M9 on Warren/Murray anyway... With that said though, traffic around South Ferry is even worse than what the M9 has to contend with, west of Park Row.... We also have the M20 extended to S. Ferry itself now (instead of its old terminal @ 1st place), so there really isn't a need to revisit the M9 via South Ferry to BPC....

Vis a vis BPC, I never cared for the way the M22 only serves the northern portion of BPC from the east & the way the M9 only serves the southern portion of BPC from the east.... That's why I'd run the M22 to Liberty, so that it could serve both sections of BPC from the east.... Well that, and the M22 could use the ridership boost serving most of BPC; the M9 OTOH has enough to deal with in LES & Alphabet City, and up around Bellevue as well...

Edited by B35 via Church

14 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Personally, I would cut all M9 service back to Park Row, extend the M22 to Liberty/S. End av (current M9 terminal), and leave those M15 shorties as is (as much as I miss those M15 City Hall trips).....

With the M9, that traffic you're talking about is one of the reasons I'd cut the thing back to Park Row.... That, and on top of it, much of nobody patronizes the M9 on Warren/Murray anyway... With that said though, traffic around South Ferry is even worse than what the M9 has to contend with, west of Park Row.... We also have the M20 extended to S. Ferry itself now (instead of its old terminal @ 1st place), so there really isn't a need to revisit the M9 via South Ferry to BPC....

Vis a vis BPC, I never cared for the way the M22 only serves the northern portion of BPC from the east & the way the M9 only serves the southern portion of BPC from the east.... That's why I'd run the M22 to Liberty, so that it could serve both sections of BPC from the east.... Well that, and the M22 could use the ridership boost serving most of BPC; the M9 OTOH has enough to deal with in LES & Alphabet City, and up around Bellevue as well...

I agree about the traffic, but leaving Battery Park City with no M9 service isn't the answer either.  It's a real PITA to reach that area from the nearest subways and the current M20 meanders far too much.

As far as the M9 and the M22, they both run pretty poorly.  

18 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I agree about the traffic, but leaving Battery Park City with no M9 service isn't the answer either.  It's a real PITA to reach that area from the nearest subways and the current M20 meanders far too much.

As far as the M9 and the M22, they both run pretty poorly.  

The M22 runs like garbage, because there simply isn't enough service given to it.... The M9 runs like garbage, because it's too busy being tied up somewhere b/w Chinatown & LES.... Give the M22 [M9 level] service & run it down to serve the more residential portion of BPC & I can pretty much guarantee the M22 would garner more usage over the M9 down to/from BPC....

Overall, the M9 simply does too much & the M22 doesn't do enough..... That, and you don't really need a bus on [Chambers] & [a bus on Warren/Murray] over there.... Poor allocation of resources, the way I see it.

Edited by B35 via Church
formatting...

2 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

The M22 runs like garbage, because there simply isn't enough service given to it.... The M9 runs like garbage, because it's too busy being tied up somewhere b/w Chinatown & LES.... Give the M22 [M9 level] service & run it down to serve the more residential portion of BPC & I can pretty much guarantee the M22 would garner more usage over the M9.... The M9 simply does too much & the M22 doesn't do enough.....

That, and you don't really need a bus on [Chambers] & [a bus on Warren/Murray] over there.... Poor allocation of resources, the way I see it.

Here's the problem with the M9... I can't think of too many other "crosstown" streets that you can use for it in TriBeCa. Then you also have the Whole Foods, the Target and other shoppers that use the M9  by Murray to reach Battery Park City - I do it myself when I'm visiting people over there that live in BPC and go shopping afterwards.  As for the M22, I usually find myself walking more times than not. The buses in general just don't show up very frequently down there, and the waits are too long.  If that shuttle bus (the Downtown Connection) didn't run, I'd be spending a fortune in Ubers or having to walk long distances.  I've done the walk when the weather is nice, but it's not fun if it's very hot out.

11 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Here's the problem with the M9... I can't think of too many other "crosstown" streets that you can use for it in TriBeCa. Then you also have the Whole Foods, the Target and other shoppers that use the M9  by Murray to reach Battery Park City - I do it myself when I'm visiting people over there that live in BPC and go shopping afterwards. 

As for the M22, I usually find myself walking more times than not. The buses in general just don't show up very frequently down there, and the waits are too long.  If that shuttle bus (the Downtown Connection) didn't run, I'd be spending a fortune in Ubers or having to walk long distances.  I've done the walk when the weather is nice, but it's not fun if it's very hot out.

The problem w/ the M9 as a whole, is that it crawls b/w Bellevue & Chinatown.... Houston is a sheer mess all the way around & Essex has only gotten worse over the years....

As far as Tribeca goes, for the most part, I find myself walking anyway - but for service from points east towards Chinatown & City Hall, I make my way to the M22....

Just now, B35 via Church said:

The problem w/ the M9 as a whole, is that it crawls b/w Bellevue & Chinatown.... Houston is a sheer mess all the way around & Essex has only gotten worse over the years....

As far as Tribeca goes, for the most part, I find myself walking anyway - but for service from points east towards Chinatown & City Hall, I make my way to the M22....

I've had meetings near to Houston... Better off walking or taking an Uber... The M9 is a rarity, but at least all of the construction along Houston seems to be done. What I will say though is I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to run even less service in Tribeca and Battery Park City citing "changing demographics".  Outside of that Downtown Connection bus, lots of people just hop in Ubers or other black car services or whatever, and as you know, TriBeCa over the years has been the new "it" place. 

• 2 weeks later...

While on the subject of Battery Park City, is there a particular reason why the M9 doesn't serve north Battery Park City at all, with a stop for Brookfield Place by the American Express tower? (Failing that, there should be at least a stop after the turn onto West Street for the M9 to use that serves northern Battery Park City.

Also, I would say that (to better serve the Whole Foods and Target), perhaps the M9 should instead use Murray, Greenwich, and Park Place instead of the narrow Warren Street across TriBeCa. This would put a stop northbound directly across the street from Target.

17 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

While on the subject of Battery Park City, is there a particular reason why the M9 doesn't serve north Battery Park City at all, with a stop for Brookfield Place by the American Express tower? (Failing that, there should be at least a stop after the turn onto West Street for the M9 to use that serves northern Battery Park City.

The way West Street is designed, there is no room for a bus stop (since there is the greenway in between the sidewalk and the road)